Pop/Country Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
New Pics of Prince <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
<a href="http://img41.imageshack.us/i/110624np1princebgr05.jpg/" target="_blank"><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_5" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"> </td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 524x800 and weights 59KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

<a href="http://img694.imageshack.us/i/110624np1princebgr04.jpg/" target="_blank"><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_6" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"> </td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 522x800 and weights 57KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

<a href="http://img17.imageshack.us/i/110624np1princebgr01.jpg/" target="_blank"><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_4" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"> </td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 540x800 and weights 52KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

<a href="http://img225.imageshack.us/i/110624np1princebgr07.jpg/" target="_blank"><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_2" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"> </td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 600x406 and weights 37KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

<a href="http://img864.imageshack.us/i/110624np1princebgr08w.jpg/" target="_blank"><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_3" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"> </td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 600x395 and weights 53KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Kairi

Reaction score
Pink Goes In On The Paparazzi For Stalking Her Newborn

Fri, Jun 24 2011 by Bitchie Staff | Filed Under: Celebrities

<center> </center>
Pop Sugar

Do the Paparazzi go too far? Pink thinks so and she’s fed up about it…
Ever since Pink’s first child Willow Sage was born earlier this month, the Paparazzi has been stalking the singer and her husband in hopes of hitting the jackpot by capturing the first photo of her new baby. An angry Pink took to her blog this week, and expressed her disgust with the Paparazzi and the media’s obsession with ‘powerless’ kids. She also announced that she plans to release personal photos of her child on her own (in an attempt to stop the stalking) and will donate all of the proceeds to childrens charities.
Due to the unsettling, surprisingly aggressive and unsafe measures that the paparazzi seem to be willing to go to in order to secure that “first shot” of our daughter–stalking us, chasing us in cars and sitting outside of our home all day and all night, as new parents Carey and I decided that we would release personal photos of our Willow, and donate all of the money to charity.
Like any parents, we believe our little girl deserves the right to have privacy and be protected, but unfortunately, this media climate doesn’t seem to provide for that. [...] In EVERY other country that I recall, children’s faces are blurred out in magazine photos. Why is USA the only country that continues to financially incentivize intrusive paparazzi behavior to capitalize on photos of babies, infants and children? Why is this acceptable to any of us? Why is this even legal? These are questions I ask myself as a new parent. Why are celebrities/public figures having to seek restraining orders to keep strange grown men with still and video cameras from sitting perched outside of their children’s pre-schools and elementary schools, preying on little innocent kids? After all, if a stranger was sitting outside of a school taking photographs of random little girls and boys, wouldn’t he be arrested? Or, at least in Philadelphia, he would have to face a more primal sort of recourse. But because it’s the child of a celebrity, somehow it’s okay? I’m just not sure what is wrong with us as a society, that we do more than tolerate this, but our appetite for it seems insatiable. We buy these pictures. We buy these magazines that publish these paparazzi pictures. WHERE DOES IT STOP?
So when you see our middle fingers up in all of our pictures, now you know the motivation. It’s all we can do to stop images of a newborn baby from being printed without our consent. Can you imagine a world where they would blur out our middle finger to protect a “consumer” over blurring out an innocent child to protect their integrity and privacy?
Here’s the bottom line: we don’t want you to take our little girl’s picture. We don’t want you to one day follow our little girl home from school. We don’t want our little girl’s picture in a magazine or on a blog. If you take or publish her picture, it is against our wishes, and without our consent as parents, as people.

Kairi

Reaction score
Prince May Not Record Another Album <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

Quote:
<table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="6" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="border: 1px inset currentColor;" class="alt2">Pop superstar Prince is reluctant to record another album because he is so disappointed with the online music industry.

Prince released his most recent album, "20TEN," last year as part of marketing plan that involved giving away free copies with a British newspaper. He said the deal was done to circumvent Internet piracy and would cause him "no stress."

But due to ongoing problems with illegal downloads, he has decided he won't be releasing any new material anytime soon.

He tells Britain's The Guardian, "The industry changed. We made money before piracy was real crazy. Nobody's making money now except phone companies, Apple and Google. I'm supposed to go to the White House to talk about copyright protection. It's like the gold rush out there. Or a carjacking. There's no boundaries. I've been in meetings and they'll tell you, 'Prince, you don't understand, it's dog-eat-dog out there.' So I'll just hold off on recording."

The singer was the first major artist to release a whole album, 1997's "Crystal Ball," exclusively online, but he said he doesn't actually like music in digital form.

"I personally can't stand digital music," he said. "You're getting sound in bits. It affects a different place in your brain. When you play it back, you can't feel anything. We're analogue people, not digital." </td></tr></tbody></table>

Kairi

Reaction score
<table class="post" border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="638"><tbody><tr><td colSpan="2"><table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="638"><tbody><tr><td class="news-title" background="http://www.rihannadaily.com/wp-content/themes/loud/images/news/news.png" width="444">Rihanna covers Cosmopolitan Turkey</td><td width="108">
end.png
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td vAlign="top" width="22">
side.png
</td><td class="post-main" vAlign="top" width="616"><table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="616"><tbody><tr><td class="news-info"></td></tr><tr><td class="post-news" vAlign="top">
RiRi is on the cover of the latest Cosmopolitan Turkey issue. Beautiful picture! Unfortunately, the inside photos are the same from the U.S. issue.
Thanks, Emir!
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Kairi

Reaction score
<table class="post" border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="100"><tbody><tr><td colSpan="2"><table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="638"><tbody><tr><td class="news-title" background="http://www.rihannadaily.com/wp-content/themes/loud/images/news/news.png" width="444">Fan review: Rihanna’s “Skin” lap dance</td><td width="108">
end.png
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td vAlign="top" width="22">
side.png
</td><td class="post-main" vAlign="top" width="616"><table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="616"><tbody><tr><td class="post-news" vAlign="top"><iframe height="20" src="http://api.tweetmeme.com/button.js?url=http%3A//rihannadaily.com/2011/06/23/fan-review-rihannas-skin-lap-dance/&amp;&source=rihannadaily&style=compact&service=tinyurl.com&b=2&amp;o=http%3A//rihannadaily.com/" frameBorder="0" width="90" scrolling="no"></iframe>
calgarylapdance.jpg
Rihanna gives fans a lap dance while she performs “Skin” at her “LOUD Tour”. Trevor LeBlanc, the lucky fan from Calgary, is a member of our forums and shared his experience. Lucky!
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
“OMG so the calgary show was two days ago and im STILL in shock / dying of excitement because of what happened. First off let me just say the whole show was amazing and I had the onstage seats I was in section “S” on the left of the stage, and on the right was section “M” I thought that was funny S&M lmfao anyways so when I got there I bought the rihanna rose shirt its SO HOT and the rihanna navy hoodie i love it, the writing on mine is red tho i love it haha but when i saw pics i saw that its normally white? anyways lol so I was standing around during intermission and rihannas videographer comes up to me and hes like can i film you and he asked me, my fave riri song, if im part of the rihanna navy, and if i was meeting her that night. plus a message that i wanted to tell her lol so I answered all his questions and hes liek “Rihanna WILL See this” so I was pretty excited about that, so when i went back to my section rihanna finally started and she came over and hit my hand and stuff a few times, im 6’6 so i didnt really have to reach far LOL and my hair was/is red so I was definitely noticed! (…)”
“(…) The guy who let us into that section ID’d us and told us that we need to be 21 to get a green bracelet, which allows us to be pulled onstage. So since im 18 I did not get a green bracelet so I was kinda sad knowing that I wouldnt be pulled on.. but when Skin came on and she started moving towards me.. she said You in the red hair.. and i didnt kno what was going on cause as soon as she pointed at me, a security gaurd literally PUSHED me thru people onto the ladder and I was onstage it was so quick and i was scared LOL i felt like i was being attacked but when i was on there i was like OMFG LOL and i had my riri navy hoodie around my waist and I like tried to take it off but it ended up liek falling and me almost falling over it when i was being lured over to rihanna LOL and she was singing skin still and i was dying and omg they sat me down and i like was just freaking out in my mind i stared at her and tahts all i could do.. i was on stage infront of 11 thousand people OMG with riri LOL. so then she like comes inbetween my legs and pushes me onto the cushion laying down and gets on me and at this point im like O M F G LOOL so she like gets really close and when her face was like almost touching mine I said “i love you” but like in a voice like i was dying LOL i remember it was funny and she smiled and winked and just did her thing, and i felt my shirt lifting up so i went to push it back with my hand and i think it looked like i was trying to touch her u kno WHAT! LMFAO so right then she grabs my hand and puts it in her neck and it was sweaty and i was just dying LOL and dragged it down all the way to her stomach it was probably the hottest thing of life LOL and then the stage sunk and riri ran to the right and i was lured away to the left thru the tunnels and the security gaurd gave me my hoodie and my camera which he randomly had LOL and there was dancers going every other direction it was crazy like a factory down there! LOL so cool though and since i was so tall i had to bend down lots and i was just in shock that i didnt kno what to do LOL and when i got back to my spot i was just in a daze the rest of the concert LOL. and when I was walking out in the big crowd EVERYONE was staring and i heard ppl whisper “theres the guy!!” and like ppl were asking me questions LOL o m g best thing EVER !!!!!! Like honestly she picked the best person to go up cus all the other people didnt seem like as much of a rihanna fan as me like I even had my rated R shirt i ordered online on!! and she def knew LOL. but best experience ever.”

Kairi

Reaction score
Grammy Award winner RedOne is writing for Rihanna. They’re popular for producing Lady GaGa’s “Poker Face”, “Bad Romance” and others. Read more.
  • Rihanna is the 3rd most popular woman on the web according to Google this year. She’s behind Lady GaGa and Justin Bieber only. Full list here.

Kairi

Reaction score
Nicole Scherzinger Makes a Splash at Vegas Birthday Bash

<center>
nicole-marquee-2.jpg
</center>
Nicole Scherzinger celebrated her 33rd birthday with a pool party at Marquee Nightclub & Dayclub in Las Vegas on Saturday (June 25). Keeping cool in a bikini covered by a flowy tiger-print dress, the “X Factor” judge soaked up the sun as she partied with pals. The Hawaiian hottie took a bite out of her five-tier white and lavender cake and got down to the sounds of DJ Roger Sanchez.
U.S. fans will finally be able to get Nicole’s solo debut Killer Love when it arrives stateside on August 16 featuring the 50 Cent-assisted single “Right There.”

<center><style type="text/css">#gallery-1 { margin: auto; } #gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 33%; } #gallery-1 img { border: 2px solid #cfcfcf; } #gallery-1 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0; } </style><!-- see gallery_shortcode() in wp-includes/media.php --><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl>
<dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl>
</center>

Kairi

Reaction score
Is Katy Perry the new Queen of Pop?
The singer's latest smash, "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)," jumped 27 spots this week on Billboard's Hot 100, where it's now No. 4 with a bullet.
If it hits the top, like four previous songs from Perry's latest album - "California Gurls," the title track, "Firework" and "E.T." - she'll tie a record held my Michael Jackson, most No. 1 hits from a single album.
And surprisingly enough, that album's name is "Bad," not "Thriller."
"Bad" sent five songs "I Just Can't Stop Loving You," the title track, "The Way You Make Me Feel," "Man in the Mirror" and "Dirty Diana."
One significant difference between the Perry album and Jackson's is the way those hits drove album sales.
By the summer of 1988, when "Dirty Diana" became the fifth chart-topping song from "Bad," the album had gone six-times-platinum.
Perry's album has yet to be certified platinum.
But she's more a singles artist, and it's less an albums world.
Reach the reporter at ed.masley@arizonarep ublic.com or 602-444-4495.

Katy Perry closing in on Michael Jackson's Hot 100 record

Kairi

Reaction score
Rihanna will visit Birmingham, Alabama, on July 11 to perform at a tornado benefit concert at the BJCC. She announced the addition to her LOUD tour on Twitter:
“I just added an ALABAMA TOUR DATE TO LOUD TOUR…Monday, July 11th!!! This Concert Will Benefit Tornado Relief Efforts.”
The concert, titled “Tragedy to Triumph”, will benefit the rebuilding efforts in Birmingham and Tuscaloosa.

Kairi

Reaction score
The Estimated Cost Of Creating Rihanna's Songs <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Courtesy Universal

Getting a song on the pop charts takes big money.
Def Jam started paying for Rihanna's recent single, "Man Down," more than a year ago. In March of 2010, the label held a writing camp in L.A. to create the songs for Rihanna's album, Loud.
At a writing camp, a record label hires the best music writers in the country and drops them into the nicest recording studios in town for about two weeks. It's a temporary version of the old music-industry hit factories, where writers and producers cranked out pop songs.
"It's like an all-star game," says Ray Daniels, who was at the writing camp for Rihanna.
Daniels manages a songwriting team of two brothers, Timothy and Theron Thomas, who work under the name Rock City. "You got all the best people, you're gonna make the best records," he says
you can read the rest here
How Much Does It Cost To Make A Hit Song? : Planet Money : NPR

Kairi

Reaction score
Rihanna_Final_Horiz_resized.jpg

Rihanna_Final_Vert_resized.jpg

Rihanna's Ad for *Coco Vita Coconut Water*

Kairi

Reaction score
Christina Aguilera Signs On For Season 2 Of ‘The Voice’

Recent years have seen Christina Aguilera’s career take some unfortunate twists and turns.
However, all of her more recent trials and tribulations have paled in comparison to the success of hit show ‘The Voice’ in which the starlet is a judge on and it seems she feels the same way too.
For following the program’s critical and ratings success, the ‘Candy Man‘ singer has now signed onto star in its second season.
Find out more below…

Reported to earn an astounding $225,000 an episode, Aguilera recently admitted that she was initially tentative about joining a televised singing contest but was drawn to ‘The Voice’ after learning of its unique format.
With an upcoming album expected from the ‘Genie In A Bottle‘ entertainer in coming months, its release will no doubt coincide with the premiere of the ‘The Voice’s second season in order to help the LP’s promotional push.
With the commercial trainwreck that was Bionic’ now behind her, here’s to hoping that season 2 of the smash hit show and the release of a new album will reposition her as being one of Pop music’s greatest voices.
For very much like the show she stars in, raw talent will always remain at the core of what makes Ms. Aguilera so very appealing.

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;sdbyG2MrBHk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sdbyG2MrBHk[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
Hot Shot: Lady GaGa Touches Down In Taiwan

Pop mega star Lady GaGa generated mass excitement recently when she touched down in Taiwan as part of the promotional push for LP ‘Born This Way’ in the Eastern world.
Paying homage to profiteroles everywhere with an undeniably delicious new hair do, the former Britney Spears‘ fan recently celebrated the release of new video The Edge Of Glory.

Kairi

Reaction score
Global Charts: Adele Extends Her Lead <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
That Adele reign just won’t let up! The Pop/Soul singer’s ’21′ LP extends her lead at the peak of the United World Chart, maintaining her grip of the top spot for a 17th week.

With 7.27 million units sold to date, ’21′ is on track to become the 1st album to sell over 10 million copies in a single calendar year since Usher’s ‘Confessions’ in 2004. However, Lady Gaga’s ‘Born This Way’ isn’t far behind as it moved another 221k copies in the last 7 days, bringing its total to 3.18 million in only 5 weeks.
Check out the the lineup of the leading Urban/Pop albums and tracks in the world below:
United World Album Chart

1. Adele – ’21′ – 242k (total: 7.27 million)
2. Lady GaGa – ‘Born This Way’ – 221k (total: 3.18 million)
5. Jill Scott – ‘The Light of the Sun’ – 136k (debut)
6. Pitbull – ‘Planet Pit’ – 105k (debut)
7. Bad Meets Evil – ‘Hell: The Sequel’ – 104k
10. Adele – ’19′ – 66k
Bonus
13. Bruno Mars – ‘Doo-Wops & Hooligans’ – 61k (total: 2.42 million)
17. Jennifer Lopez – ‘Love?’ – 50k
18. Rihanna - ‘Loud’ – 48k (2.37 million)
26. Lady GaGa – ‘The Fame (Monster)’ – 36k

United World Track Chart

1. Pitbull – ‘Give Me Everything (Ft. Ne-You, Afrojack & Nayer)’ – 366k
3. Adele – ‘Rolling In The Deep’ – 277k (total: 6.29 million)
4. Jennifer Lopez – ‘On The Floor (Ft. Pitbull)’ – 250k (total: 5.57 million)
5. Katy Perry – ‘Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F)’ – 242k
6. Bruno Mars – ‘The Lazy Song’ – 235k
7. Lady GaGa – ‘The Edge of Glory’ – 230k
9. Katy Perry – ‘E.T (Ft. Kanye West)’ – 172k
10. Nicki Minaj – ‘Super Bass’ – 162
Bonus
11. Jessie J – ‘Price Tag (Ft. B.o.B)’ – 157k
12. Black Eyed Peas – ‘Just Can’t Get Enough’ – 146k