Pop/Country Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
Lance Bass to Create Boy Band Reality Show

Former *NSYNC-er and full time entrepreneur, Lance Bass, recently sold off six original reality TV shows to fitting networks. The most noteworthy being a VH1 based boy band competition, in the vein of NBC’s The Voice and MTV’s Making The Band. The show will feature members of iconic pop groups New Kids On The Block, New Edition, The Backstreet Boys, and *NSYNC, who will mold four entirely new collectives to compete for the title of “best boy band”.
Check below for more details…

The show will include Backstreet Boy A.J. McLean, *NSYNC’s Joey Fatone, New Kid on The Block Joe McIntyre, and New Edition’s bad boy Bobby Brown.
“They’re all going to form a boy band, each, from the most talented guys in America that I’ve scouted, and then they’ll go head-to-head in a competition to see who the best band is, so it’s bragging rights for the guy in the group, for sure.” -Bass tells New York Magazine
Though, Bobby Brown has yet to officially sign on, the ‘Bye Bye Bye’ singer is sure “Bobby will do it”.
A boy band competition? We’re not too sure about this one…​

Kairi

Reaction score
X Factor USA Gets Fall Premiere Date

Amidst a highly publicized panel switch-up, X Factor USA is rolling forward with a newly announced September premiere date. USA Today reports the new FOX talent show will officially debut with two 2-hour episodes (Wednesday, September 21 and Thursday, September 22 at 8/7c). The panel, to feature Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul, L.A. Reid, and Pussycat Dolls’ Nicole Scherzinger, has reviewed open auditions nationwide (including Youtube submissions).
That Grape Juice wants to know, though: Will you be watching?

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;Fe7XYyTLiwc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe7XYyTLiwc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;CdViub44eHY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdViub44eHY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
Rihanna Faces Fresh Legal Action Over ‘S&M’ Video

Pop star Rihanna is to face legal action by a photographer who claims she knowingly copied concepts from his work and implemented them in her visual for the controversial ‘S&M‘ single.
This is now the second time the ‘We Ride’ performer has been threatened to be taken to court for this very video.

Find out more below…
RadarOnline reports that internationally renowned photographer Philip Paulus claims Ms.Fenty stole ideas from a piece of work titled ‘Papers‘ without his permission and used them in the visual.
Just months ago David LaChapelle also threatened to sue the starlet when he also claimed parts of the video were direct imitations of his work that Rihanna had not asked or been granted to use.

Speaking on the star, Paulus revealed:
Why a worldwide celebrity is not able to afford a creative director, who creates individual concepts and stagings, is incomprehensible for me.To create new things within the creative cosmos, you can only expect this to come from a real genius, there is no doubt about that.

If taken to court the supermodel and her label Universal could be sued for copyright infringement for the exploitation of concepts that Mr.Paulus did not give she or the label permission to use.

This news should not come as a surprise to anyone who is familiar with Rihanna’s ‘work’.
For time and time again she has proven that her creative value extends only to knee jerk reactions enforced upon her by a label aware of her ‘artistic shortcomings‘.
Whilst many of her supports may thrown the old ‘nothing is original’ argument into the debate that is sure to erupt, it should be noted that real and authentic artists work very hard on their concepts to share with the world in the way they want to share it.
Not so that faux-artistes can rip them off and pass them off as their own.
Swagger Jacker indeed.

Kairi

Reaction score
After the surfacing of an “unofficial” version of rumored first single ‘Feel Inside’ featuring Nicki Minaj, a new track from the Hip-Hop/Soul Queen has made it’s way to the internet. ‘Hero’ finds Mary J. Blige musing on self-empowerment over a bass heavy take on the piano ballad.
Check it out below…

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2011/06/music-mary-blige-hero/#more-38604

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;qIn7RmLV8I8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIn7RmLV8I8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
Marc Jacobs Considered Suin' Justin Beiber... <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_3" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"> </td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 544x540 and weights 44KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

I love that Justin has given all us ladies a chance to smell like his dream girl, but the bottle of his new fragrance looks strinkingly similiar to a Marc Jacobs perfume! Has Justin become a copycat?

Beliebers, say it’s not so! When I heard that
Justin was coming out with a fragrance for women I was over the moon, but as soon as I saw the first ad and commercial for Someday I asked why it looked so similiar to the Marc Jacobs Lola perfume bottle.

Clearly I wasn’t the only one making the connection. When Marc was asked by
WWD about the connection between the two similar looking perfume bottles he said, “Do we sue them? You know what? Let everyone else say what they want. I received Google Alerts about people saying it was derivative. Were not going to do anything about it.”
I’m glad to hear the Bieb’s isn’t getting sued, but I am a little disappointed in Justin! I love how you always stayed true to yourself and have done things that truly speak volumes about you, so I hope this perfume doppleganger isn’t the start of a new trend!
–Sofia Fuller

Kairi

Reaction score
Pink & Carey's Baby Girl [People Magazine Scans]

b3535c4c6e4d88f0930dbfb0e504b693023402a_r.jpg

181155668595b2e27c56c19da7bcc760a758f7e_r.jpg
f2615761899bbce3ba4eb4a7f01052009bf1f05_r.jpg

4ad35fa26ca080bc9936b6e3efadcb33ec16a5b_r.jpg
e2b25376078669b0b8fea9f5c2fdd37469f3e7d_r.jpg

Kairi

Reaction score
Hot Shots: Lady GaGa Debuts 4 Eyes In Japan (A Must-See)

There’s only one Lady GaGa and – love her or loathe her – she seems hellbent on ensuring the masses get the message. Cue her latest ‘out-there’ creation – 4 eyes.
The ‘Judas’ singer posed it up as she arrived at MTV Video Music’s Japan Aid show in Tokyo today sporting two sets of eyes.

Kairi

Reaction score
Hot Shots: Jessie J Rules Glastonbury Festival

A broken leg wasn’t going to stop Jessie J from flaunting her skills today at Glastonbury. The talented vocalist took to the stage rocking an interestingly innovative fashion accessory.

Try and spot it in the pics below.

Kairi

Reaction score
JoJo Sheds Light on ‘Jumping Trains’ Project

R&B vocalist JoJo recently phoned in to Kempire Radio, to answer questions from fans and discuss what’s going on with her anticipated ‘Jumping Trains’ project.
Check below to listen to interview…

The ‘Leave (Get Out)’ singer spoke on her frustrations over recently leaked material, dream collaborations, her ‘Marvin’s Room’ cover, and her respect for Brandy.
JoJo also cleared up misinformation about her upcoming project. Apparently, ‘The Other Chick’ is not the album’s first single, the album does not have a release date, though, she insists it’ll be released this year, and that she’s currently in label meetings. The singer also revealed production credits by Rodney Jerkins and Danja among others.

Part 1
<object id="106697" name="106697" codeBase="http://download.adobe.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="210" height="105">

<embed id="106697" height="105" name="106697" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" width="210" src="http://www.blogtalkradio.com/btrplayer.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blogtalkradio.com%2Fkempireradio%2F2011%2F06%2F25%2Fkemp-and-them-jojo-interview%2fplaylist.xml&autostart=false&shuffle=false&callback=http://www.blogtalkradio.com/FlashPlayerCallback.aspx&width=210&height=105&volume=80&corner=rounded" quality="high" wmode="transparent" menu="false" allowScriptAccess="always"></object></p>
Part 2
<object id="106697" name="106697" codeBase="http://download.adobe.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="210" height="105">

<embed id="106697" height="105" name="106697" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" width="210" src="http://www.blogtalkradio.com/btrplayer.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blogtalkradio.com%2Fkempireradio%2F2011%2F06%2F25%2Fkemp-and-them-jojo-interview-ii%2fplaylist.xml&autostart=false&shuffle=false&callback=http://www.blogtalkradio.com/FlashPlayerCallback.aspx&width=210&height=105&volume=80&corner=rounded" quality="high" wmode="transparent" menu="false" allowScriptAccess="always"></object></p>

Kairi

Reaction score
<center>
lady-gaga-web.jpg
</center>
Lady Gaga spun a tangled web at MTV Video Music Aid Japan, a two-hour event benefitting the Japanese Red Cross. The eccentric star opened the show trapped in a giant spiderweb for her theatrical performance of “The Edge of Glory.” After breaking free, Mother Monster climbed the stairs to a custom spider-shaped piano and delivered her record-breaking hit “Born This Way.”
“I can’t say enough to people all over the world that the majority of Japan right now, Japan in general, is very safe,” Gaga told reporters during her visit to the earthquake-ravaged country. “It’s fine to come here. It’s beautiful.”

[video=youtube;7-b10UWav5o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-b10UWav5o&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
<center>
mj-hat.jpg
</center>
It’s been two years since the world lost one of music’s greatest talents, Michael Jackson, who passed away on June 25, 2009. The King of Pop lives on through his timeless music and lasting legacy. There are few of today’s pop stars who can’t say they’ve been influenced by him in some way. Some of his most famous fans, including Rihanna, Usher, and Chris Brown, took to Twitter to remember the late legend. Where were you when MJ died and what’s your favorite memory? Reminisce on a superstar gone too soon.

Rihanna: MJ We miss you, We love you…often imitated, NEVER duplicated!!! You will live on forever!
Ciara: Long live the 1 and only KING of POP: Michael Jackson! His music and legacy will continue to inspire. He can never be replaced!
Justin Bieber: #RIPMJ
Chris Brown: I love you MJ
Diddy: RIP Michael Jackson
Bruno Mars: Now playing- I Wanna Be Where You Are by The Jackson 5.. Michael was and still remains The Best!
Monica: M.J we love u forever
Mack Maine: R.I.P. To the greatest!!! You still live on thru your music…..#MJ
Jermaine Dupri: on this date 2 years ago we lost the M in music as far as I’m concerned
TJ Jackson: Not a day goes by where I don’t think about you. I love and miss you more than one could believe. Your heart epitomized perfection. -Meho
Melody Thornton: 2 yrs ago today we lost a Legend. Michael we love u forever. I still cry thinking about u! We miss and love u #MJ
DJ Cassidy: Where were you when you heard Mike had died?
Usher: MJ….REST THE DEAD!! You live on through what you blessed us all with. Your compassion and dedication compels us to be our greatest…URIV
Claude Kelly: MJ all day on the radio!! 2 yrs since we lost the best in the biz. still sorely missed. nobody did it better. the greatest. #RIPMJ
LeToya Luckett: I miss my MJ….. #RIP
Timbaland: r.i.p to the greatest entertainer in the world michael jackson will forever miss you. #kingofpop #kingofmusic #michaeljackson #mj
Toni Braxton: Still hard to believe we lost such a great artist. Michael Jackson, you still continue to inspire. Billie Jean is still one of my favorites!
?uestlove of The Roots: Michael Jackson. Forever. Uh Hee Hee Hee.
Estelle: RIP MJ
Spike Lee: 2 YEARS AGO TODAY WE LOST MICHAEL JACKSON. WE LOVE YOU

Kairi

Reaction score
A heavily pregnant Mel B cuts a colourful figure as she meets Simon Cowell to discuss Australian X Factor role

Last updated at 11:25 AM on 25th June 2011

She is only about a month away from giving birth to her third child.
But it's business as usual for Mel B who was snapped attending a meeting for her role as a judge on this year's Australian X Factor.
The former Spice Girl looked very summery in a multi-coloured scarf that she had tied around her bump.

Blooming: Mel B cuts a colourful figure as she arrives for a meeting with Simon Cowell in LA yesterday

And despite carrying all that weight, which admitted had left her 'waddling', she wasn't going to let her love of footwear take a back seat.
Holding husband Stephen Belafonte's hand, she tottered along on silver strappy heels.
And she took to her Twitter page to declare: 'Even though I'm waddling when I walk, I can't give up wearing my Laboutin (sic) heels just yet!!!!! off to my meeting!!'

Well heeled: Mel, wearing silver strappy Louboutins, holds on to husband Stephen Belafonte's hand as they leave the meeting

Mel, 36, was meeting music mogul and X Factor boss Simon Cowell to talk about her role on the panel for the third series of the Australian version of the X Factor.
She has been signed up as one of the four judges on the new series which starts in September.
And she is clearly excited about her role, as she Tweeted once more after her meeting: 'Just had a great Simon Cowell meeting,I love that guy!!'

Let me make some room: A gallant Stephen gets the car ready for Mel as they leave the meeting and head home

Mel will join last the judges from last series, Boyzone's Ronan Keating and singer songwriter Guy Sebastian.
She and former Neighbours actress Natalie Bassingthwaighte are replacing Natalie Imbruglia and Australian TV and radio star Kyle Sandilands.
Bassingthwaighte and Keating were snapped jetting into Los Angeles a few hours before joining Mel and Sebastian at the meeting.

Something funny, Natalie? Bassingthwaighte laughs out loud as she and Ronan Keating arrive in Los Angeles

Afterwards, Mel had someone take a picture of the gang which she promptly posted onto her

Talking about her role as a judge on the TV talent show, Mel said: 'I'm thrilled to be a part of The X Factor Australia. I love Australia and can't wait to see all the amazing talent the country has to offer.

'As a performer, you have to put your heart and soul into it. I guess that's what I'm going to be looking for - somebody who just really wants it.

'I like to focus on the positive and not the negative. I'm sure there's going to be some crazy people out there that I'm going to meet. It's going to be fun and very interesting!'

The Down Under gang: Mel tweeted a picture of herself and her fellow judges (L-R Mel, Ronan, Natalie and Guy)