Pop/Country Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
There have been whispers that Rihanna is already working on her next album. Now Ryan Seacrest confirms reports that the red-haired diva is back in the lab with a new project due later this year.
RiRi, who is currently making her way around the country on her “LOUD” tour, has plans to release her sixth album this fall. It would come as no surprise as she has put out five albums in the past five years, with her most recent project LOUD still spawning hit singles.
Seacrest spoke with the singer’s camp and made the announcement on his KIIS FM radio show. “We can confirm that Rihanna is currently working on material and will release a brand new album this fall,” he said.
Singer-songwriter Kevin Rudolf previously told Rap-Up.com that he has been submitting material for the as-yet-untitled project. “[I'm] writing some stuff for Rihanna right now,” he said. “I hear she’s back at it.”
Via Rap-Up.com

UPDATE:
Fan: “Yeah!!! New @rihanna album!! I wonder what color hair she will have for it?”
Rihanna: “Not EXACTLY!!! The #LOUDera continues with more new music to add to ur collection!!!”

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;Z2AxFPN63Cs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Z2AxFPN63Cs[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
Pop star Janet Jackson was in Oslo for a concert this weekend, but there wasn’t expected to be any coverage from it. Jackson demanded such control over any press photographs taken at the concert that all three of Norway’s major news organizations decided to drop it.

The website for Norway’s national journalists’ union, Norsk Journalistlag, NJ, reported that neither VG, Aftenposten nor Dagbladet would cover the concert, while newspaper Dagsavisen decided to write a review but without photos, and explain in writing to readers why none would be taken.

Jackson’s managers and lawyers demanded that no photographers would be allowed into the concert at Oslo’s Folketeateret on Friday unless they signed contracts that put severe legal constraints on their work. The contracts not only gave Jackson’s company all legal rights to any photos taken but also demanded that all use of the photos must be approved by Janet Jackson before publication. The photos could also be used only in connection with an article about the Oslo concert. Any violation of the contract terms would result in legal consequences.
“The contract was so tough that we’ve never seen anything like it,” Stein Østbø, music journalist for VG, Norway’s largest website and daily newspaper, told NJ. “It was unthinkable for us to sign it, and in solidarity with our other colleages, we’re also dropping any coverage of the concert.”

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;NKzpJmmaLjY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKzpJmmaLjY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;5meQ3R7rIjg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5meQ3R7rIjg[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
Following Friday’s Twitter feud between Odd Future and Chris Brown, the hip-hop collective played the House of Blues in their hometown of Los Angeles on Saturday night. Before performing “She” with Frank Ocean, frontman Tyler, the Creator lamented about MTV banning the song’s video while sharing his dream to one day win a VMA.

But it wasn’t long before the crowd reignited the fire, chanting, “F**k Chris Brown!” OFWGKTA members hurled insults (“He’s a loser”) at the blond singer and Tyler chimed in, saying, “He beats up women, he’s a bitch.”

The saga continues.

Kairi

Reaction score
It’s been almost a month since Cheryl Cole was sensationally sacked from the X Factor USA – after just four days on the job. And after a lengthy silence, the 27 year old released a statement today addressing the matter and media circus that has surrounded her since she was given her marching orders.

Hi my Gorgeous ones.

It’s me! I wanted to talk to you all direct, and first and foremost thank you all for your continued love, unbelievable LOYALTY and support and remind you that I love you all to bits.

Where do i start? I have had the weirdest past few weeks (nothing unusual there though.) I wouldn’t even know how to begin to tell you all about it. What I do know for certain is that I have the BEST, most unbelievable people out there, who I feel so lucky to call my support system. You never fail to amaze me. I have been reading your letters and opening my prezzies ( I feel
very spoilt ) and hearing all of your kind, special and inspiring things you want to say to me.

I feel your presence and strength always, and no matter what decision I make or what it is I’m facing, I appreciate you all more than you’ll ever know. It also breaks my heart a little when i hear that some of you worry about me and need to know that I am ok, so I want to PROMISE you that I am absolutely fine and more than ok!

I have had the time that I have not had in so long to just chill with my loved ones and do the normal things that I like to do. See my friends and family and be with my doggys
icon_biggrin.gif
. It feels long overdue and sooooo good, even my feet are happy to not have to wear a pair of high heels hehe..

You are my little soldiers and you mean the world to me. Remember what I tell you, stay strong, keep calm and carry on
icon_wink.gif
I’ll speak to you all soon when I have some new news, until then I salute you
icon_smile.gif

Lots of love and cuddles. Love me CC x

Kairi

Reaction score
Amy Winehouse Flops Comeback With Drunk Performance (A Must-See)

They tried to make her go to rehab, she went, yet the state of Amy Winehouse’s career still remains a big ‘no no’.

The troubled singer performed in Belgrade over the weekend, in what was being billed as a comeback of sorts for the singer. Indeed, fans and critics alike have been anticipating her next musical move – after a hiatus which saw her enter rehab and divorce husband Blake Fielder-Civil.

However, if her drunk stage showing is anything to go by, her career prospects are as empty as the bottle of Vodka she backed before this performance. So sad.

Videos after the jump…

[video=youtube;-BAu2J6FJyU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-BAu2J6FJyU[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
“Weird Al” Yankovic has parodied Michael Jackson’s “Beat It,” T.I.’s “Whatever You Like,” and Chamillionaire’s “Ridin’.” Now for his latest act, the notorious satirist takes on Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way,” renaming it “Perform This Way.”
The song, which received Gaga’s approval, mocks the video for her hit single “Born This Way.” Weird Al emerges from a vessel with his head on a woman’s body, changing into many of the pop superstar’s outrageous outfits including the bubbles from her Rolling Stone cover, caution tape from the “Telephone” video, and her VMA meat dress.
All in good fun.

[video=youtube;ss_BmTGv43M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ss_BmTGv43M[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
<center>Another day- another magazine cover with Rihanna’s face on it. This time the 23 year old beauty is covering the South African edition of Cosmopolitan magazine. This cover is very similar to the one she did for the American version of Cosmo- except for the angle.

Rihanna is presently on the road in support of her latest album “Loud” and plans to re-release the platinum selling disc later on this fall.

“Loud” has so far sold over 3 million copies worldwide and produced three number one single here in the U.S.
</center>

Kairi

Reaction score
It’s Britney…and Nicki Minaj! The femme fatales teamed up for their first live performance together on Britney’s “Femme Fatale” tour at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Monday night (June 20). Britney closed the show with “Till the World Ends,” bringing out her tourmate for the grand finale.
The crowd roared with applause as the ladies stood side by side and performed the song’s remix before Britney took flight above the stage and confetti shot in the air. Now that’s how you close a show!

[video=youtube;VzbQBwADVHY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzbQBwADVHY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
new britney

[video=youtube;T-sxSd1uwoU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-sxSd1uwoU&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;-Mwg63LnSn4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mwg63LnSn4&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;vHJAUuicC0Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vHJAUuicC0Q[/video]