Policy in ring to stop a match to clean up blood (swagger/morrison)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kizza

Reaction score
I personally hate the entire idea. Did they cut to black and white, when they saw the blood as well? I remember a Batista moment, I think it might've been before WM26 with Cena, or when he and Edge speared eachother, but they cut suddenly to black and white, on LIVE TV!

I think it's ridiculous. It really KILLS the momentum in a match. Rarely will it work for the match. Has it yet? No. The closest it's come to 'working' was at the Rumble when Taker started to bleed. Glad to see Taker didn't let them near for that, he just "BLED ALL OVER THE FUCKING PLACE!" Even Cena, the super-man, stopped at one point when they started to bleed in the Cena/Orton match.

It's dumb. I think at least on PPV, they should allow bleeding. Not lots, like HHH/HBK Royal Rumble 04 bleeding, but still some.

Anyone see RVD this iMpact? I swear they did the ol' "bloodied cloth" trick on him...

Edit: With the RVD thing, this is what part I meant...

[yt]MiOOJxZcngs[/yt]

Thank God someone else saw the Christian Cage fake blood towel trick.

soulreaper545

Reaction score
didn't they stop a ladder match with Shelton in it just to fix a cut and Shelton just stood there like a fucking idiot instead of climbing the ladder?

noumenon

Reaction score
@ The RVD thing... he was actually bleeding quite badly. He didn't start immediately but they cut to him afterwards and there was blood dripping down his head pretty bad.

-TJ-

Reaction score
didn't they stop a ladder match with Shelton in it just to fix a cut and Shelton just stood there like a fucking idiot instead of climbing the ladder?

A heel would climb the ladder, but Shelton was a face, the match was done by respect for one another, not rivalry. Logically, you would expect Shelton to wait for Christian, as a show of respect.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I personally don't mind it. When I first seen this happen (trainers interrupting the match and stopping the blood) at TLC months ago I was rather pissed. But then I think about it, I really don't want to see blood. TNA uses it for cheap heat and uses it a lot more now obviously because WWE doesn't do it so they want to look more appealing or "cool". This forces them to do more things to get a match over, instead of having them cut their selves with a razor blade (or the hard way).

LKP

Reaction score
Its pathetic and i think if wwe starts doing this shit all of the time i may just watch TNA for the blood. WWE is getting so watered down its starting to become laughable.

Beer

Reaction score
People complaining about lack of blood is so stupid. It doesn't take away from the match at all. Actually it's rather unnecessary. Doesn't taint my viewing pleasure one bit. You shouldn't watch a show based on how crazy the moves, how insane the spots or how gruesome the show is. You should watch a match/show for the quality of wrestling and how well they can work a match.

S0LD1ER

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ryback2
Eh I'm a Hardcore Wrestling fan, the gruesome fights and brutality interest me... CZW!!

Beer

Reaction score
Eh I'm a Hardcore Wrestling fan, the gruesome fights and brutality interest me... CZW!!

Then clearly you haven't got the slightest clue what is good wrestling. CZW wrestlers in general are the poorest workers in the company and make their money off terrible wrestling. Where did that get them? That's right, nowhere.

S0LD1ER

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ryback2
Wow lol, cool it, I like hardcore wrestling yeah, CZW was cool, but because it was something different. I never said anything about CZW being good wrestling, no they werent, at all. Far from that because its nothing to bust a light tube over someone. But WWF was always the best time of wrestling. This WWE is so shitty its not even worth talking about and its clearly far from good wrestling.

Beer

Reaction score
Please, let's just discontinue this conversation. Anyone who is stupid enough to say that WWE doesn't yield the best wrestlers/matches or puts on bad matches, is not worth talking to.

-TJ-

Reaction score
People complaining about lack of blood is so stupid. It doesn't take away from the match at all. Actually it's rather unnecessary. Doesn't taint my viewing pleasure one bit. You shouldn't watch a show based on how crazy the moves, how insane the spots or how gruesome the show is. You should watch a match/show for the quality of wrestling and how well they can work a match.

Its not the lack of blood, but the fact that they stop the match to check on them, thus killing momentum. I wouldn't mind no blood, but not interrupting the flow of the match.

LKP

Reaction score
^^^^ What he said

If TNA did that the crowd would shit all over it. On smackdown there was a lot of booo's when swagger got patched up, its pathetic.

Beer

Reaction score
LKP, that's clearly not your thoughts at all. You said you'd watch TNA for the purpose of getting to see blood. That's stupid.

When has it interrupted the flow btw? It's happened accidentally like what, three times?