Original Sin Cara finally released by WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
"WWE has come to terms on the release of Luis Ignacio Urive Alvirde effective on March 26, 2014. We wish Luis the best of luck in his future endeavors."

It was just a matter of time before this happens, since he's gone back to Mexico and plans on re-using the Mistico name. And WWE can still use Hunico as Sin Cara.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Don't let the door hit you in the a** on the way out Luis, You might break your tailbone.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Really disappointing on how things played out with the guy, I remember watching some highlight packages of him when he was signed as I'd never seen anything of him before and he just looked so fluid it was incredible. Obviously none of that translated to TV and he turned out to be a massive flop and I'm kinda just hoping they do away with the character once and for all once this Scooby Doo shit is over.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
WWE needs a new Rey, and Cara masks do well.....Hunico will do slot more with that character than being some random cholo.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
This guy was so disappointing because I expecting so much when he was signed. Hunico does fine in the roll though, he was better a couple years ago at it anyway.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
WWE needs a new Rey, and Cara masks do well.....Hunico will do slot more with that character than being some random cholo.
No doubt the masks do well and Hunico will do better in that role but I just feel as though that whole character is tainted now with everything that went on before he got the mask and that shitty horrible mood lighting they persist with.

Hopefully Kalisto will be able to fill that spot if / when he gets called up.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I hate the mood lighting as well. But do the people who buy his merch actually know there's a difference? Or if they do, actually care? Do kids care that a new guy voices Scooby Doo, or the Winslow mom or Fresh Prince mom were replaced by a different person?

La Parka or L.A Park IMO.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
No doubt the masks do well and Hunico will do better in that role but I just feel as though that whole character is tainted now with everything that went on before he got the mask and that shitty horrible mood lighting they persist with.

Hopefully Kalisto will be able to fill that spot if / when he gets called up.

Agreed.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
His stint in WWE will always be so strange to me. Whatever about not being able to adapt to the WWE style, the fact that he couldn't even successfully execute the moves he could do with ease in Mexico will always be a bit of a weird one. Even under the mask you could tell that he wasn't entirely comfortable or confident .

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Remember him stopping the match for a sprained pinky :TI:

Reactions: Keith

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Oh he'll keep embarrassing himself, and we'll most likely hear about it. Never liked him ever since I heard he didn't shake Rey's hand when he came aboard, they guy who built the style he was biting and the guy who pitched getting this guy in the first place.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Inevitable and probably the right decision, but still a little disappointing that he never truly delivered what he's capable of. I had no idea who Sin Cara (Mistico elsewhere I think) was when he first signed. I looked up a couple of tribute videos and was amazed at the things he could do, I couldn't wait to see him Spider Man around the ring and bring that stuff to mainstream TV. WWE of course made a big deal about signing and seemed to be putting eggs in his basket from day one so it was guaranteed Sin Cara would get plenty of exposure.

Then the rest of the story happened before our eyes. I remember really wanting to give Sin Cara a chance, even after his first few obvious botches I was still somewhere between impressed by what he did pull off and hopeful he would adjust and adapt in future. But after a few years of seeing the same thing - especially looking at how Hunico handles the same role with ease - WWE fans and management alike have had enough.

WWE still sees the Sin Cara character as viable for whatever reason and they've got the right person for the job. So maybe we'll see what the company wanted to do with Sin Cara all along now that all the gears are finally working. The original performer will hardly be missed.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Hunico makes a much better Sin Cara anyways. Maybe I can start to like the character again.

I don't know what happened. He did seem great in Mexico but it just seems like he gave up in the states. I don't think he ever wanted to be here anyways.