Official WWE 2K14 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I'm just looking forward to how the game will be on next gen assuming they're putting it out for next gen since they haven't really mentioned it I don't think? Don't really have much reason to buy it for current gen.

Yeah as SAIYANS said, not on next gen and probably won't be ported over. They'll wait until 2k15. Probably don't see the point in doing it on next gen/too late in development/didn't get dev kits in time to make it worth it. 2k15 will be when 2k is in full control of everything and we're a decent while into next gen where there will be more games.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Wonder if 2K15 will be on PC now that the WWE/THQ bond is done with. The NBA series is on PC is it not? Why not port the WWE series to PC as well. Regardless of how bad the product is, it is always a cash cow.

Kassidy

Reaction score
modding would be the main reason I don't see it happening; On the console, they can sell you dlc moves,, superstar heads, superstars, attires, etc but on PC someone could mod all that into the game. On top of being able to mod in game superstars more and we all know WWE doesn't like that.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Finally got it yesterday, almost finished Mania mode, Rock/Cena 2 is a bitch. Still not enough names they could use for create-a-wrestler, really nothing new added to that section, but otehr than that. Very solid game.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
I'm really enjoying it. Game play has improved, matches are more fun and I've marked out a couple of times thru sheer nostalgia in the WM mode. Looking forward to getting the nWo dlc and getting a couple of them in my Universe

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
The E sucks Cena HARD even on 2k14

So I am doing a career with my created guy giving him a slow buildup with a minor championship. I give my guy after a month a shot at the US championship against Dean Ambrose in a ladder match & I win. After defending It against Ambrose & many others I go to MITB & win the briefcase. From this point on I quick sim all the way to Mania somehow still retaining the US Championship for a good six months. I sim my US title match at Mania against Santono & lose which is no biggie cause I'm going after a bigger title & cashing in. WWE championship match is Ziggler vs HHH who is the champ. I cash on successfully & win my first major title. I sim the rest of the matches thinking I'm done not realizing for some reason Universe Mode gave John Cena a WWE championship out of the blue & I lost. Cena didn't win the Rumble so it's bullshit thàt the E's golden child gets handed a title shot.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Sounds realistic :lol:

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Sounds realistic :lol:

Sadly this is true. Needless to say Universe mode got reset there shortly after since I only got one more section of "30 years of Mania" left. I'm going to Add Batista & some others into either the current brands or give them their own show or something.

Kassidy

Reaction score
lols

well didn't take long but bugs galore are starting to surface;

New feeds are either broken or the game is; one news feed read, The championship match between Rtruth and Rtruth is heating up with 2 renders of r truth

the rivalry is big show vs orton and the new feed keeps saying they are helping each other and finally week 3 it says orton & show tension vs seth and swagger is rising..... yea that's not going on. Also no cut scenes for this rivalry at all

getting a shadow/lighting flickering and it is highly annoying: SoullessKassidy - WWE 2K14 / SoullessKassidy - Twitch

The in game VO for moves are broken and sound completely stops when DB goes to scream No.

You don't need to unlock attires for them to be used in uni, if you set it to random then game will choose attires you haven't unlocked; like how the game could put injured superstars in matches but you couldn't.

overall very happy I didn't buy this game, same broken hyped shit.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I'm just kinda curious what the latest update was for. 224 MB update randomly shows up while I'm looking to do the Mania X ladder match... which I did win.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Anyone know how this game compares between the 360 and PS3? Just ordered a PS3 copy for the first time and it might be good to know if there's any differences in creation or anything.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I don't think there's any difference at all. They only made it for these two platforms and excluded Wii U which has the most likely chance of a change

Kassidy

Reaction score
there is a difference, there are ps3 exclusive bugs because it is ported over; from being on the WWE 2K14 forums and having rented both, PS3 has more bugs.

The new VO moves often don't work on ps3, the audio just cuts out when you are DB but that is not the case on xbox.

I'm just kinda curious what the latest update was for. 224 MB update randomly shows up while I'm looking to do the Mania X ladder match... which I did win.

Nothing was fixed, it wasn't a patch but a game update in preparation of the DLC dropping Tuesday.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
there is a difference, there are ps3 exclusive bugs because it is ported over; from being on the WWE 2K14 forums and having rented both, PS3 has more bugs.

The new VO moves often don't work on ps3, the audio just cuts out when you are DB but that is not the case on xbox.

Nothing was fixed, it wasn't a patch but a game update in preparation of the DLC dropping Tuesday.

Well that makes sense. And yeah I've seen plenty of Voice bugs when they their mouths are moving but nothing is being said. Kinda just like WWE 13 when that crap used to happen.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
WWE Games creative director parted ways?
Source: WWE Games creative director parted ways? | WWEGaming.com

Cory Ledesma @RealCoryLedesma
I will no longer be sharing any information about 2K or WWE Games on this account. For information about 2K or WWE Games, follow @WWEgames.

This is a personal account. Thoughts are my own.

His profile doesn’t say anything about him being a part of 2K, his bio says “Creative Director extraordinaire. WWE fanatic. Personal account.” now. Keep in mind that Cory Ledesma was hired by 2K Game from now defunct THQ, and was responsible of WWE 2K14 which was released last Tuesday.

That seems odd he would do that all of a sudden. Maybe 2k got rid of him? Kinda glad if they did and looks like they're wanting to make big changes for the next game where they're in full control. Out with the old.

Last edited: