*Official TNA Today/Spin Cycle Thread*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

I am willing to bet anyone one million dollars that if the WWE was promoting Kurt Angle/Sting/Kevin Nash/anyone else in any capacity, these shitheads would crap all over it. I try to listen to them but I usually find flaws within their so called "logic" in minutes and in this case fucking SECONDS.

That makes no logical sense at all. First off, why in the blue hell would the WWE promote that in the first place? If they did promote it, they would be promoting TNA, which is NEVER going to happen. And even if they did, Im sure B&D would be happy that they are mentioning and promoting it, b/c it would be getting TNAs name out on WWE TV. I guess Im confused at your statement here.

The Ripper

Reaction score
That makes no logical sense at all. First off, why in the blue hell would the WWE promote that in the first place? If they did promote it, they would be promoting TNA, which is NEVER going to happen. And even if they did, Im sure B&D would be happy that they are mentioning and promoting it, b/c it would be getting TNAs name out on WWE TV. I guess Im confused at your statement here.

I think he means if WWE was putting on that type of match with the same people they would be against it

Kaedon

Reaction score
precisely xhf. If this was the WWE doing the exact same match "Dude fuck the WWE, dragging out these hasbeens" blah blah blah. Because in their eyes the WWE can do no right and TNA can do no wrong. They never get pissed off about TNA like they do about the WWE because they are the ones who are "posers". They are the ones who put out fucking VIDEOS proclaiming to the hills that they know more about wrestling and WWE fans are sheep and whatever. That's a fucking pose right there.

gashface

Reaction score
I agree with the people critique-ing Bill and Doug. I'm a TNA FAN. I do not watch WWE. But they talk crap, they talk absoloute crap. They hate on WWE for the sake of it, they have no sturdy arguements and even when they turn on TNA, they're up their ass the next week again. The way I see it neither company is BETTER THAN THE OTHER. They each have faults and problems, completely different problems - so drawing a comparison is stupid. WWE has younger MAIN EVENT stars who can progress. TNA has great younger stars - but they are still not at the stage were you could go ahead and stuff any number of them into the main event. In the same way WWE doesn't develop a lot of their lower divisions enough. Faults, they both have them! It's stupid to suggest that one company, especially TNA is perfect - and that WWE is doing everything wrong and will not be around for much longer, because we all know that's wrong. Unless somebody drops a bomb on the McMahons, the WWE is going to be around. TNA will always be the company that has the risk of failing within the next five years.

Anyway rant over. I'm a TNA fan, I support TNA and I want it to work, but being blind to their faults is not the way to help them suceed.

PeepShow

Heres the newest vid. Now there have been some vids where they are pretty biased and I will admit it, but after watching this, you can not even tell me one thing they said was false or biased. If you even try, I will bury you. :)

[yt]AVm02mb_NWI[/yt]

Kaedon

Reaction score
The reason people dont watch TNA is because their really is nothing worth watching. These guys are drinking their own kool aid, "Once people realize what we realize." And "Wrestling" bwahahaha. TNA guys know shit about "wrestling" because TNA isn't WRESTLING, TNA is PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING not WRESTLING. So these guys need to quit promoting TNA as a "sport".

And guys going "extra" in TNA? Yeah their guys do high spots, big deal, that doesnt mean anything. Lame.

PeepShow

Do you are saying that high spots arent better than 20 wristholds and other non-wrestling shit. I mean sure, each promotion does rest holds, but cmon.....

Travis40

^Those wrist holds are how wrestling was a long time ago :rolleyes: now if you want to see stupid people jumping off things to get a Holy Shit chant, the place you need to be is CZW...

20 wristholds and other non-wrestling shit

That is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. A wristhold = non wrestling :roflmao:...that's a Showstopper quality post right there....just calling it as I see it...but yeah, B&D are blueberries, I only got 2 minutes through before I turned it off. If you want someone who just doesn't babble over the same shit everytime....check out Truthslayer

PeepShow

^Name a channel and time and Ill watch it. O wait, they arent on TV

The Rated R CMStar

Well, they tried hard to not be biased, but it was not long before they fall to the temptation of not being absolutly biased.

I mean, so going to WWE is selling out? Not going to discuss that again, because gee, isn't every wrestler's dream to go to WWE (if you don't believe me, you could read previous interviews with TNA's own Chis Sabin, Samoa Joe and Alex Shelley).

Moving on, you have to be fucking kidding me, they actually said that people go to a WWE show because they are in town and there is nothing else to do? That's TNA you're talking about, because I am under the impression that people plan going to WWE shows, live, PPV or house shows way over schedule.

You can generalize the Orton Style of match to all WWE performers, sorry, but there is not other performer that slow his matches with a headlock, so all that talk was nonesense.

They defended the company with Elix Skipper, how up the card is he again?

Gee, it's hard for WWE guys to succed on TNA! Maybe Kurt Angle, Christian Cage, Team 3-D and Matt Morgan would beg to differ. Hey, by the way, where is Marcus Cor Von?

And to end this rant, they couldn't have said it better, cool, dangerous spot, and what do they do next, ANOTHER FREAKING SPOT! So where is the damn realism? You can't do a slingshot and then get up and hit a cross body, hey, but they don't bash that, they bash WWE generalizing they type of match Orton does on any performer.

Effort? Want effort? Look Batista vs Taker I, II, III, IV and see how a guy that can't normally wrestle actually stand on his own feet and tell a story without being completely carried. And why, just so that he can prove he could step side by side with Taker on a match

Travis40

Another thing is "Taking WWE Cities" are they fucking Blue??? THEY WILL NOT TAKE WWE TOWNS....god damn, WWE just went to pretty much the heart of TNA (Orlando) and sold 44,000 tickets in...about an hour and TNA can't even sell 6,000 tickets in a month...:roflmao: I just find that funny that they act like total idiots.

PeepShow

Another thing is "Taking WWE Cities" are they fucking Blue??? THEY WILL NOT TAKE WWE TOWNS....god damn, WWE just went to pretty much the heart of TNA (Orlando) and sold 44,000 tickets in...about an hour and TNA can't even sell 6,000 tickets in a month...:roflmao: I just find that funny that they act like total idiots.

You are an idiot. CMS actually made some pretty reasonable points, but you on the other hand just make yourself look stupid.

They didnt say they would take their towns. They said if they want to be successfull, thats what they need to do. And as they said, prolly half of the kids who watch WWE dont even know TNA exists. If you just walk to to a casual fan and ask them what TNA is, about half wouldnt even know. Its like they said, when you hear the term "Pro Wrestling", the WWE is the first and prolly the only thing you think about when hearing that. Its just a fact. So of course they will sell more tickets. Add to the fact that TNA is growning. I think you forgot to put in there that they have gone from doing shows with about 500-1000 people to start with, and now doing PPVs and getting about 10000. Not to mention the move to TV from the weekly PPVs, The FSN deal. The Spike Deal on National TV, the Saturday deal, the Thursday deal, then the jump to 2 hrs, the new video game. O yeah, they arent making any progress, are they......

Travis40

^HOW IN THE FUCK DID I SAY THEY WEREN'T MAKING PROGRESS? I never said that. TNA is making great progress, but they'll never be a real challenge to WWE...I just don't see it happening. The PPV's for TNA doesn't get 10,000 people, the biggest PPV attendence they've had was about 6,000, sure it's big for TNA becuase they went from 400 people going to impact to about 6,000 people going to the PPV....but still, they'll never reach WWE standards.

Kaedon

Reaction score
The problem with these idiots is that they think they can tell a company how to make money. As if they have ever done it or anything like it in their lives, and yea Peep I'd rather watch locks than highspots, and apparently the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of people who watch the WWE agree. They can say "the wwe is trading on their past" all they want, but people aren't watching the WWE for Vince/Austin from 10 years ago, they are watching it for DX, Cena, Orton, Kennedy, Taker, Mysterio, and Batista.

PeepShow

And what are about 50-60% of those "people" who watch the WWE again?