Official Smackdown! Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
After signing the official contract for the World Heavyweight Championship Match against Edge, Batista was told by General Manager Vickie Guerrero to qualify he would have to defeat The Great Khali – or he would be banished from WWE.

The Animal found a way to take down the Punjabi Giant, and the stage is now set for his clash with the Rated-R Superstar at Night of Champions, much to the disgust of the GM & her lover, Edge. Will Batista strike back at “The Family” to make a statement of his own heading into Night of Champions on June 29? Will Guerrero & Edge place another roadblock in The Animal’s way to slow his momentum and keep the gold safe?

Guerrero also has begun scouting the Divas to see who she deems fit to face Natalya for the newly-created Divas Championship. Cherry was the latest of the Sexiest Women on Television to try to impress the General Manager, defeating Maryse on SmackDown.

Who else will try to state their case to Guerrero in hopes of becoming the first-ever Divas Champion?

One person looking to become a champion and using his Guerrero influence to earn a straight track to gold is Chavo Guerrero. On SmackDown, Chavo let it be known that at Night of Champions he will challenge United States Champion Matt Hardy for the title. Will Chavo’s bloodline help his case for gold? Or will Matt Hardy continue to roll as the U.S. Champion?

To find out the answers to these questions and more, don’t miss Friday Night SmackDown at 8/7 CT only on The CW Network

Off WWE.com

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
I continue to watch Smackdown because I am waiting for Vickie to get her comeuppance (I love that word). She is a very effective heel, and I enjoy underdog stories (to a point), and her "antics" have made Undertaker and Batista unlikely "underdogs". I kept thinking that there just might be a chance for Batista to pull that out even with Edge as the ref. It is weaving a pretty good storyline that might be able to be parlayed into a HitC or cage match of some type where there will be less chance of shenanigans and a 1-on-1 match. I like this angle, because I hate it so much. It kind of makes me care.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I liked smacky this week I'm loving the whole edge and la Familiar story line it awesome. IMO smack down is getting better every time i watch it. I only watched it for Taker, Tista and Edge and fast forwarded the rest but last couple of weeks Ive watched 90% of the show. Plus with the draw next week hopefully they will gain a balanced roster with Raw and gain some top flight stars to even out both brands be wicked if the balanced all 3 brands but id settle for Raw and Smack down been on equal terms superstar wise.

But yeah i enjoyed smack down this week.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
- According to WWE.com, Matt Hardy and Edge will wrestle on Smackdown this week unless one of them is moved during the draft on RAW.

Matt gets his revenge by taking Vickie for himself.

Soulpower

Kennedy needs to feud with Edge ASAP! They can easily build this up by bringing up how Edge won the MITB from Kennedy last year.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
I'll watch Smackdown just to see/hear Triple H and JR on the show & Edge vs. Matt Hardy...Aside from that, the show looks lackluster.

gamebreaker

Reaction score
Imagination Land! Where hippos laugh, and Pee Wee
It was a great show tonight. Good opening with with JR and Triple H making their appearance. They could've put Jeff Hardy and Kennedy in action but I'm guessing that they will do that next week. Edge vs Matt Hardy was a great match but too many pins :/
We got to see Triple H help out Batista at the end of the Main Event. I think they could be a great Tag Team if Batista stayed on SmackDown.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to Kennedy's feud with Edge. Sorry to all you fans of Burchill, but THIS is where Kennedy belongs, not feuding with the lower card. Besides, Kennedy has a 'defy authority' thing going, so taking down La Familia is absolutely perfect.

Hopefully Triple H manages to pick a fight with somebody else, so he doesn't bury the feud.

gamebreaker

Reaction score
Imagination Land! Where hippos laugh, and Pee Wee
Yeah, next week, Edge will probably have the World Title and be on the mic bragging about how well he did, and then all of a sudden, Mr. Kennedy's music hits and beat his ass...
We actually might see Mr. Kennedy as the World Champion this year.

chessarmy

I had to watch Smackdown! last night (stupid baseball :nonono:) and it was the most enjoyable episode of Smackdown! in months. JR and Mick Foley did great for their first time together and JR really adds a lot to the show. He is easily the best wrestling announcer in the world, and he always will be. As for the actual wrestling, there were a few good matches. The 6 diva tag wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and Matt Hardy vs Edge was pretty good. Triple H didn't do much on the show, but it was cool to see him on Smackdown! for the first time in a while. Overall it was a great show, next week should be even better

kingovkings

Reaction score
Yeah smacky was good this week the matches were good edge and Matt was wicked match. HHH didn't really steal all the spot light and was good to see him helping out Batista at the end. Next week we get Kennedy and Jeff in action as well so I'm looking forward to that Kennedy is gonna go straight for edge guaranteed maybe Kennedy will team up with HHH and take on la familiar dunno know but next weeks smacky should be class

schuy7

Reaction score
What do you guys think Smackdown! will do with both the WWE Champion and the World Heavyweight Champion? Leaving Raw with no World Champion.

MikeRaw

Great SD.

Matches:
The womens match was very good. Kelly is improving weekly, and another good showing from Victoria, Michelle and even Maryse. Good time amount too, and ya, good opener.

The tag match of Jesse/Festus vs Head was pretty good. 10 minute match, pretty standard stuff, and Festus pwned Head at the end with that slam.

The best match in a loong time was Morrison/Hardy. So many good moves, and it was very back and forth. they went back and forth for 15-20 minutes, and showed why SD is on the rise.

Umaga vs Funaki was pointless

and the main event, was intense. Lots of action, hard to keep track, but alot of good moves. Not the best of the night, but second best...

So ya, the matches were great tonight, and thtat made it a solid show. Couple that with the Edge/Vickie stuff and a classic MVP/HHH promo, and you have a great SD!
Not as good as Raw, obviously, but awesome show.

Status
Not open for further replies.