Official Smackdown! Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Smack down was OK nothing flash. Kendrick cant quite make my mind up on him at the moment he has good in ring skills I'm just not to sure about his mic skills yet, I always preferred London out of the two of them TBH but we shall see Maybe he will grow on me in a few weeks or so.
Kennedy rocks as face I'm into Ken at the minute he is wicked and i hope he pops up to Main event status after summer slam along with MVP.
Diva match sucked.

Battle royal was a decent enough match thought Jeff had a wicked match and cut a decent promo with MVP in the VIP lounge I'm looking forward to these to feuding at some point i think they will work well together.

HHH standing chest to chest and nose to nose with Khali was pretty amusing Trips is by no means a midget but standing next to Khali made him look like wee man lol. I'm not really up for this match especially at summer slam but with edge taking on Taker there hasn't really been the time to build up a good feud for Trips so i can see why they have shot Khali into the mix because they don't have to use Kennedy of Hardy MVP etc and waste a good future feud.

The_Model

Reaction score
I really enjoyed SD this week. I especially like the MVP/Jeff Hardy interview that was done. It's great to see Jeff owning up to his past mistakes and realizes what he did. It would be a shame if he ends up being released in the future.

heels unite!

Reaction score
smackdown was great this week. one bad point. Khali! great f'in khali. WTF? khali vs hhh. after the khali match khali wont have anything left to do. they could have hhh vs mvp or hhh vs kennedy but instead they have khali. another great decision by wwe.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
It almost looked like we were going to get a face Edge, which would have been cool, but even if he stays heel this'll be awesome if he goes back to Extreme Edge. I'm really looking forward to Summerslam now.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Smack down was really good this week.
All the matches were pretty solid well apart from diva match and i don't really take much notice of them anyway. tag match with Hawkins and Ryder/yang,Moore was decent. Hardy/Shelton was good match

HHH/Khali was funny and a good promo for summer slam hope it turns in no DQ or last man standing match.
And Edge at the end was pure gold i love the deranged off his head nuts Edge he is wicked overall smack down was decent show this week.

Airfixx

^^^Yup, yet again Edge pulls a blinder!

I am in awe of his mic skills... A master at work.

I had a friend over so much of the wrestling passed me by, but LOL @ HHH... He looked really funny in that head-vice. I know they always say "we've never seen 'x' handled this way", but I really can't ever recall HHH looking so vulnerable... As long as this becomes some form of no-DQ match, I think their facing off at SSLam could be fun.

I am either expecting Khali to be epic-ly buried (hopefully sledgehammered to fuck and put out of the WWE) or to actually capture gold.

Best of all tho..... MVP got vicious.... Been waiting for MVP to 'get serious' for a-g-e-s, but unfortuately I don't see him fairing favourably against Jeff (who's blatantly being primed for the #2 face spot on SD)...

seX-Power

above average smackdown this week. the matches and promos are great and well balanced, but they have two problems. one is the lack of long term feuds, especially in the mid card. there have been about 10 feuds teased since the draft and about 2 were followed through. you had MVP/Kennedy, Shelton/Hardy, Shelton/other Hardy, Bigshow/Umaga, Kennedy/Umaga, Shelton/Kennedy, Bigshow/Edge and a few others. now i know that injuries have contributed to this but still, they could utilize the great mid card they have. my second problem has only happened in the past two weeks, and that is of no main events. now promos for main events are great, especially with Edge, but they could close the wrestling with a good match, not a squash. ie, the last two weeks could have ended with Hardy/Khali and Shelton/Hardy, not Bigshow squash and Kendrick squashes. that being said, good smackdown and apart from the things i said, i hope this trend continues.

MikeRaw

This SD was hard to watch for me. The onl ything that kept me in,w as knowing Edge would once again kick ass at the end. Every match past the first one SUCKED, and they were pretty much squashes, and promos were just normal, nothing with a big feel to it, except Edge of course. Big thumbs down this week.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Jeff vs. Shelton was pretty awesome, as usual, but MVP interfering again kind of ruined it. I'd have liked to see some kind of conclusion, even if it was just Shelton leaving and counting himself out.

And lmao, Edge is so awesome.

Hometown Kid

Wow another Shelton title reign another wins drought...>_> Just when you think they'll do something with him, no wins for an entire month...great match though, didn't make much sense bombing Shelton from the writing standpoint for Jeff after the match either...I hope they make it a Triple threat at SS.

LMAO at Kenny Dykstra, he's getting fired next week.

Kendrick is impressing me on the mic, Ezekiel didn't. :laugh2:

Edge was awesome but the show stunk overall, SS wasn't built up very well either other than Edge's awesome performances.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I actually watched SD for the first time in a LONG time, here's what I saw/liked.

Scotty Goldman/Colt Cabana was awesome, even though he got a loss. It looks like he's going to be a main member on the roster, and he showed some charisma in that promo he did during his entrance. The Brian Kendrick is just an awesome gimmick, they should have him in more competitive matches and with cheap tactics to get over as a heel.

Kenny Dykstra getting squashed was sad. I remember when the WWE were building him up as some huge future star, and then everything just stopped. I'm hoping he gets his release, he has lots of potential.

Hardy vs Shelton was good. MVP's promo backstage in his locker room was intense, it hyped the match nice.

Edge is always good, but the rest of the show wasn't great.

drewH

Reaction score
Smackdown has been getting better every week this weeks show should be great with the rumble rematch between Kennedy and Batista this week is gonna be great.

I agree with that!

King Of Kings

Reaction score
This weeks smackdown should be good i wonder what there going to do about edge is he gonna be out for a while.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Whats with HHH not working every week he is only working matches every other week one week match other week promo. He is only working every other week. saying that smack down was not bad this week. pretty solid show.

seX-Power

great smackdown this week, and i thoroughly enjoyed 2 of the matches
scramble looks great, but the Benjamin/Hardy/MVP feud needs to develop much better as iuts going mowhere and bein carried my MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.