Official Smackdown! Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy90

Reaction score
This Smackdown was horrible, the main event was Edge breaking off the wedding with Vickie, wtf

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

SD was awesome IMo. Devlopment of a major storyline, and some good wrestling. There was a squash, but who cares? It doesn't last long.

Fatal Four Way was decent, a good match for a weekly show, and it continued helping Matt get over, with the Twist of Fate as a quick move.

Morrison vs Jeff was awesome. It showed why both of these men could be the future in WWE, as long as they don't get suspended again. Back and forth, some nice wrestling, and it really shows what a great future SD has.

Divas match was fine, nothing wrong with it. A blind man could see the result coming, but the match itself wasn't too bad.

And of course the big storyline was great. Good devolopment, and sets up SD for a while now.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Great show this week. all of the matches were pretty solid. Loved Jeff/Morrison match was really good match with some good wrestling combined with good back and forth action. Diva match was good too i don't really watch or care much for diva matches but i watched it and it was a good match. OH yeah that new diva belt rocks !. The edge and Vicky break up i seen coming but still entertaining. HHH and MVP put on a classic promo. overall i thought it was a really good show and the start of some good future storyline/ feuds, Hope it continues to be this good every week or get better

Ballin

Reaction score
VIP Lounge: MVP got some good heat. He did great too, especially with The Game HHH. Really good and funny as hell. 9/10

Vickie/HHH talk- 8/10. was pretty funny

Diva's match- Pretty boring, typical divas match from WWE. Cheery or Victoria wrestled best. 6.5/10

J&F vs H&R- Festus had annoying suit, cant take him serious at all. H&R were good. 7/10

After match: Funny to see Edge beat up Festus and have him just take it while doing nothing. 9/10

Hardy v. Morrison- GREAT MATCH! Both had great moves tonite. Favorite Morrison match. 9.5/10

Umage v. Funaki - 2.5/10

Fatal 4 Way- This and Morrison were the best matches tonite IMO 8.5/10

Edge/Vickie's promo- 10/10. Love the angle. Turning out greaaatt

Great show besides Umage/Funaki and Divas

MikeRaw

Wow, what a show!
Everything was here. The fact that it had a theme throughout it all (the party) was good, and added to it.

Anyways, the matches were good, which is important.

Natalya/Cherry was nothing.
Mizorrison vs Biscuits and Gravy was solid, and was a good tag match
And Finswoggle vs Edgeheads wasnt a great match, but was good to help build up the show.
Show vs the other 4 was solid, except for the gay finish, but it was pretty good.
Now, the Kendrick/Wang match was very good. Good length, and it debuted Kendrick good.
Same goes for Kennedy/Umaga... good length, and good moves.
Hardy vs Hardy was another solid match, but too bad it was short...

Anyways, so all the matches served their purpose, and this show had enough very good matches...

The entertainment was there too.
The random Edge promos were good, and set the theme for ths show.
And finally, the end promo was FRIGGEN HILARIOUS! Best promo in a while, it was great.

Great show. Only thing I would do different is take out one of thosie crappy matches and add a promo or something.
Thumbs up.

MikeRaw

^Nope, they hate her too much. Its more them both being heels and hating eachother, and the fans taking joy in watching their lives be ruined. But she will probably try to screw edge out of titles and shit, while still being heel.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Gotta agree with mike raw, The matches were solid enough my personal fave matches were Hawkins and rider/finswoggle and mizorrrison/jestus, plus the Hardy's match was good but should have been longer. the promos were wicked. And a soon as trips was showing the vid you knew it was gunna cause some shit. The sledgy in the box was also classic id have prefered him to take out one or two peeps with it. But all in all was a good show. Cant wait for GAB.

Reaction score
this smackdown was one of the best smackdown i have seen in a comedy way. edge interfering in every match and the last segment was entertaining. it seems like wwe wouldnt make a deal out of hhh and edge at GAB.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Man....you could all sit there and say "Hey..great smackdown..good matches" and all that...

but its not like your favorite guy got jobbed out to the samoan bulldozer...

so yea...take it into consideration that there are other people out there that take a fav' losing to heart...

now i'm gonna have to somehow "re-patch" my pride and go around this forum with a bruised ego as I try to justify what happened...

anyway...

I kind've agree on some things...

some of the matches were good, some things were funny..

but that whole wedding promo thing at the end kind've went a bit long...someone should've edited and cut the length of that "blackChick & edge poonge behind vickie's back" video thingy...

but other then that...

smackdown was alright in my books...

would've been automatically great had Kennedy picked up the win on umaga...but still..
it was alright...

ollie

Reaction score
don't cry about it...

I thought it was a great show, had me laughing quite a bit. I didn't want the wedding to go through smoothly and thought that something was up after last week - it'll be interesting to see what happens as they ae still married of course.

Fave match was probably jesse and festus vs miz and morrison but they were all pretty solid (except the womens match but that was supposed to be gimmicky and only for the vickie win)

GAB tonight and I'm hoping for some fireworks with the edge/trips match. One thing PPVs have been missing for me is great promos but there's so much oppurtunity here - the raw storylines as well - to make it a great night all round.

I'm off out to get some beers in for it - see you there ;)

seX-Power

The GAB should be good, but a little build up to all the matches would be nicer, the only developed match was CTC v JBL/Priceless.

Speaking of Smackdown, best one in a while, great show.

No matches really stood out but for BM I go with Jestus v Mizorrison
Full of great promos, LMAO at the Edge/Vickie video.

MikeRaw

The GAB should be good, but a little build up to all the matches would be nicer, the only developed match was CTC v JBL/Priceless.
Not really. That just overshadow's the others, but the other's were built up... Y2J/HBK is hugely built up, and Punk/Batista had the confrontation, which was a good build up, so the three big Raw matches are built up.
On sd, the tag matches are build up enough, and the WWE title match has been brewing for a while, so I'd say that's good too.

Anyways, ya, Ive already posted my thoughts on SD this week.

rawdawg

Reaction score
Rey man

I guess rey will team up with Benoit and feud against finlay and Chavo. Then they will move it to a next level to play a fatal 4 way match for US Championship to let Rey win it!

And Rey will win it.... Hands down

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Looks like another push for Khali. I guess it can be mildly entertaining, but I don't know, we already had several months of Batista against Khali. I can't see HHH vs. Khali being too different.

I was mildly impressed by Kendrick's mic skills. Nothing special but we've seen worse, and the crowd seems to be getting into it.

The almighty Divas Champion, taking on... Maryse. And now Maria is returning next week. Yippy-freakin-doo.

And what did I always say? Turning Kennedy face would be great, and look at that. It couldn't possibly have been more successful. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.