*Official No Way Out Thread*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Payne

Reaction score
here are my predictions

WWE Championship Match: Randy Orton vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Edge vs. Rey Mysterio

ECW Championship Match: Chavo Guerrero vs. CM Punk

Elimination Chamber - winner gets a WWE Championship Match at WrestleMania: Jeff Hardy vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho vs. JBL vs. Umaga vs. HHH

Elimination Chamber - winner gets a World Heavyweight Championship Match at WrestleMania: Batista vs. The Great Khali vs. Finlay vs. MVP vs. Big Daddy V vs. The Undertaker

Career Threatening Match: Mr. Kennedy vs. Ric Flair

Arkhos

Reaction score
My No Way Out Review

After the mediocre event that turned out to be the royal rumble the wwe presented its next ppv event no way out, styled as the last stepping stone on the road to wrestlemania this event had some choice matches on offer.

This review is just my general opinion on the matches as a whole and how the relate to the rest of the wwe.

Chavo (c) Vs Cm Punk

A very underplayed match, one suspects that the wwe purposely plays down the ecw brand in favour of its own. At any rate it was a fairly solid match which resulted in a chavo pinfall victory i'm not entirely sure if the crowd was all that interested but there you go.

Winner via pinfall: Chavo

Smackdown Brand Elimination Chamber

An event which in my honest opinion was only one winner involving 2 of the biggest serial jobbers in recent memory khali and big daddy v, they really dont deseve to be in a match like this, the whole shock value of khali's size is so not working anymore and as the fans say "he just cant wrestle.
They might as well just had this match between taker and batista because anyone with half a brain would know that this is all it was going to come down to and with the possibility of putting takers winning streak on the line against the champion i suppose the money men in the wwe just coudnt ignore it.
It was nice to see finlay in this match as i am a fan of him but you just get the feeling that he is slightly out of his depth.
Batista and taker had a good fight but there was only going to be one winner tonight.

Winner: The Undertaker

Mr Kennedy Vs Ric flair

Fact is ... flair doesnt deserve to be beaten in his last match by an "also ran" like kennedy, not saying he isnt a decent competitor, it's just that he hasnt really earned the right to beat the nature boy, and tankfully this didnt happen kennedy was taken to school and "naitch" put him in his place.

I expect ric flairs career to come to an end at wrestlemania its the only venue big enough and fitting enough to retire the legend that is ric flair, i truly hope that the wwe make his fight as epic as possble. This legend deserves no less.

Winner Via Submission: Ric "The Nature Boy" Flair

Edge (c) Vs Rey Mysterio

Unfortunately due to rey's injury we were robbed of what could have been a pretty special match, rey never fails to deliver but with a torn bicep theres only so much he can do. I'm pretty interested in how the whole viki/edge storyline will pan out... i half expected vince to step in and fir viki for getting too emotinally invested in her job thus leaving teddy long to resume his position.I guess we are all expecting edge to turn on viki as soon as he has no need of her (it's what most good heels do) the question is will it be sooner rather than later?.
The match itself was fairly straighforward, i guess they didnt want to risk further injury to rey but in the end edge won via straight pinfall.

Winner via pinfall: Edge

So Big show is back and looking very thin lost about 108pounds according to various sources, turned heel almost immediatly attacking rey outside the ring after a short promo, floyd mayweather intervened on rey's behalf, personally i wish show would have chokeslammed floyd through the ring.

Randy Orton (c) Vs John Cena

This was probably the biggest question mark of the night, the onus was on cena after his big return at the royal rumble to regain his title and go on to wrestlemania. in all honesty i wish cena would have stayed out a futher 4 months like he was supposed to.
The match itself was pretty cool lots of back and forth, I fully expected cena to win here but orton got himself intentionally dq'd by hitting the ref, it probably wont matter in the long run i'm sure we will see cena in the main event at wrestlemania, sadly.

Winner Via DQ: John Cena

Raw Brand Elimination Chamber:

This was what i was waiting for all night this match(with the exception of JBL) had the biggest and the best superstars of the year competing for a spot at wrestlemania. There was good action from the start, and umaga was very impressive dealing high amounts fo damage. The very sad part about this is... that the WWE has totally forgotton how to do something new instead of going for something completely different they went with the "safe" option of HHH winning. Dont get me wrong i think HHH is great but i for one am getting sick of the tired boring old storylines involving HHH/Cena/Orton.

The wwe had a great oppurtunity to cash in on some great popularity in jeff hardy, push a wrestler that totally deserves it and finally do something different for the fans, instead as it stands we are going to be subjected to a samey dull old fued between orton and HHH, i'm sure john cena will be involves somewhere along the the line too.

Winner: HHH

All in all i though it was a fairly decent event, i expected most of the results but was also bitterly dissapointed with others on this strength and in my opinion it is shaping up to be one of the most predictable wrestlemania events in recent memory.

PS. Thanks so much to anyone who reads this, im not use to writing out such long posts especially at 5am in the morning and my belly full of cider.
Keep in mind these are just my personal opinions and i'm sure others may differ i would appreciate not being slated for expressing them :)

love and peace xx

Ed_cena

Reaction score
umaga and hardy both rocks in the chamber, damn I hate triple h, he is in the wrestlemania main event every year since 2002, only last ear because he was injury, anyway, cena vs orton vs hhh looks great but, I rather see orton vs cena vs hardy.

Alfie

Reaction score
I thought it was a decent enough event, Punk/Chavo was a good opener and putting the SD Chamber on early was a smart move. - I thought the ending to Cena/Orton was well done, it wasn't just your typical low blow or anything, it was Orton saying "Well, I can face Cena... or I can" then he proceeds to slap the ref, I think it worked well and really, made neither man look bad. - It's nice to see Orton walking into Wrestlemania champion.

I thought the Raw Chamber was a really good match (even though it was predictable) - everybody played their part well and Jeff Hardy for me was really the stand out of the evening. Umaga was also really impressive.

If I think back to this time last year and how I was feeling heading to Wrestlemania, I wasn't excited at all; this year that looks to be changing and I'm really hoping Mania delivers.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Well I didn't watch the event but I have read about it. Big show returning.Cena vs Orton vs HHH set up for Wrestlemania. Because as you know, if you lose a title match by DQ you get another shot at the title. So yeah sets up for Wrestlemania.

the dark knight

the PPV might not be that good but it was worth it. i thought that edge's match would suck. it did, but bigshow's return bit thing helped.

ecw match wasn't bad either. and i liked it when cm punk fucked up again. this time, by trying to mock eddie. he got boooed....idiot.

kennedy and flair match kinda pissed me off. way build a future star. tapping out to a 60 year old corpse is simply outstanding.

SD's chamber was boring as fuck and everybody knew how it was going to go. only thing i liked was the boooooo-s batista against taker's cheers.

cena vs orton XIX made me fall asleep. even JR and king did really, they were quiet almost all the time. the ending wasn't bad but...come the fuck on, im sick of orton already. and if that win means cena's winning at mania then ill regret watching this ppv.

raw's EC was AWESOME. umaga was really impressive, i doubt kennedy could've done the same. the finishes were booked right. blood. everything...perfect. and i was all :shock: when i saw hardy kick out of the pedigree.....i really really thought he was gonna win there..

overall very good ppv, definitely worth time and money. and i got all my predictions right.....well not really, the orton/cena thing wasn't a 100%.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
It was a great PPV the raw elimination chamber was amaing. I though Kennedy should have been in and not Umaga but Umaga was great. Floyd mayweather punching Big show was idiotic though.

Umaga was great, hardy was great, HHH was great, JBl was great, Chris jericho was great and HbK was great overalll the raw elimination chamber match was awesome. The sd one was good too. The others werent as good.

The Rated R CMStar

First, Royal Rumble a mediocre PPV? Anyways...

NWO was a good PPV. Endings were predictable, but hey, that's the price you pay for being in the IWC, you have an idea of what the WM highlight matches will be, so you practically knew Ric Flair, HHH and Taker were going over. But the matches were good.

Besides, Big Show returning was a huge shocker, but hey WI Girls Kissing, I bet you had already predicted he was coming back at NWO, because hey, it's WWE.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
I really wish the title match would have ended better. If he's gonna get himself disqualified, why not do it violently? Slapping the ref gets you no advantage in future matches.

Also, I was REALLY hoping that WWE would have let Jeff Hardy win since HHH missed TWO shows before the PPV. They didn't have any promos specifically for him, no interviews added in, etc. At a way to build momentum for the winner.

MJ807

Reaction score
I really wish the title match would have ended better. If he's gonna get himself disqualified, why not do it violently? Slapping the ref gets you no advantage in future matches.

Agreed I would have ended it by Orton doing something to knock out the ref then when he turns around Cena FU's him then he locks on the STFU and Orton taps and he hears the bell ringing he thinks he won it but then Jillian announces the winner by DQ John Cena. That would have been a perfect ending besides Orton winning outright.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I enjoyed and thought it was a good ppv. i pretty much liked all the matches punk/chavo wasnt great but was ok raws EC was mint i was impressed with umaga he did a good job. lmao at hbk he got a major battering i love hbk he makes me laugh he is awsome, even tho i love trips and knew he was gunna win i really wanted jeff to take the win he has stepped up his game up last few weeks and he deserves the push he is getting at the mo overall i enjoyed the whole ppv and looking forward 2 WM24

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Randy Orton's desperation to keep his belt was similar to one of his Rated RKO brethren Edge. Which made me admire Randy. He knew that STFU was way too close to his liking and he played his character to a tee. Randy Orton reminded me of Edge so much yesterday but he was his own. He wanted to beat Cena but there was no way he was going to lose his title and he portayed that in a fashion that would of made Edge proud.

After Cena somehow climbed in the ring beating the count out he bitch slapped the ref. Remarkable. Only thing that sucked balls is that Cena got his hands on him afterwards. Orton after getting DQ'd should of grabbed his title flaunted Cena with it then walk away leaving a shocked Cena in the ring heartbroken. Then they should of recapped the promo where Cena was talking about his wrestlemania dreams and how his injury almost prevented it. Then the Las Vegas crowd should of chanted "Na NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA HEY HEY HEY GOODBYEEEE"

well what prevented it this year was your cockiness you fucking bastard.

Airfixx

Also, I was REALLY hoping that WWE would have let Jeff Hardy win since HHH missed TWO shows before the PPV. They didn't have any promos specifically for him, no interviews added in, etc. At a way to build momentum for the winner.

People have made too much of this. Missing previous 2 RAW's was just unfortnate. Ideally a couple of promos from HHH would help hype his win, but the absense of such certainly isn't enough to make WWE reconsider their WM plans.

Airfixx

First, Royal Rumble a mediocre PPV?

LOL Crazy eh? IMO the best PPV in recent memory.

As for NWO, yeah, the results were predictable and IMO the SD EC match was carrying too much dead weight, but on the whole it was another enojyable PPV....

Few things...

Rey V Edge Rey was injured, vulnerable and under Edge's skin. Big Show aside, WHY WHY WHY the hell after pledging to put Rey in a wheelchair did Edge not so much as lay finger on Rey after the match?

Big Show could have still manhandled Rey by him making his way to the ring as Rey was receiving treatment, initially being seen to be concerned he could have made the 'turn' at this point and preceeded the same way.

Chavo V Punk LOL @ the crowd cheering for Chavo.... (Dunno how Arkhos can claim the crowd weren't interested... They seemed to become increasingly hostile towards the 'face' (of all people!) throughout the entire match.)

Boo's for Cena/Cheers for Orton, Edge cheered against Rey @ Rumble...Not easy being a face in the 'E right now! LOL

Seriously though, that's the title fueds for each respective show - Y'think if this continues it will force Vince to be a bit more 'sincere' to the fans in terms of who he gives them as 'their' champion?)

SD EC. MVP was wasted coming in so late, but when he did he brought the match to life.... Khali should have been last in so at least they'd have maximized his percievable threat against the others as their fatigue sets in. Beside's him 'going' for the necessary 30mins+ necessary to be there at the end is jusy too much of a stretch of the imagination.

RAW EC GREAT performance from Umaga... Let's get him on the trail of some world title gold asap (even if he isn't gonna win it). Largely based on his kicking out of The Pedigree, I'm guessing Jeff's push continues past WM and beyond. Maybe they should start get the pizzas cookin' for him and The Game? ;o]

Flair V KennedyAt this point it just feels like the same match every few weeks.... I'm, in theory, down with this whole idea of one last run and have been more patient than some, but damn.... Thanks god it's WM next (although I wish I wasn't left feeling that way). I'm gonna be dissapointed if Flair/Vince don't find someone to elevate thru them retiring Flair. Considering how many people he's made over the years, I think it'd be a detrimental contradiction of his true legacy and contibution to the business (rather than all this "16-time s champ" stuff).

Lastly... Show looks good slimmed down.... Interested to see if/how his style may have changed as a result.

@ TDK: What did Punk do to mimick Eddie? During a shift of my attention away from the screen I heard the crowd react hardshly to Punk, but didn't see what he did....