Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

"For me, basketball is over,"

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Houston Rockets center Dikembe Mutombo said his lengthy career is finished after a knee injury knocked him out of the Rockets' playoff game Tuesday night against the Trail Blazers.

"For me, basketball is over," he said.

Mutombo, an 18-year NBA veteran, appeared to get tangled with Portland center Greg Oden and came down hard on his left leg late in the first quarter of Game 2.

He stayed prone on the court under the Blazers' basket for several moments before he was taken away by stretcher. A preliminary examination revealed a knee strain and he was ruled out the rest of the game.

Afterward in Houston's locker room, the 7-foot-2 veteran was on crutches and fighting back tears.

"Nobody ever thought they'd be carrying the big guy out like a wounded soldier," he said.

The 42-year-old will be examined by doctors in Houston on Wednesday.

Mutombo is an eight-time All-Star who won the NBA's Defensive Player of the Year award four times and stands in second on the NBA's career blocks list with 3,289. He has played for Denver, Atlanta, Philadelphia, New Jersey, New York and Houston.

Mutombo played 18 minutes in Game 1 of the series and had nine rebounds. The Rockets won the opener, 108-81, before the Blazers evened the series with a 107-103 victory on Tuesday.

"I've had a wonderful 18 years of staying injury-free, so I just want to go out with my head up, no regrets," he said.

:(

Wordlife

Cavs won yesterday, and Portland tied it up 1-1 which is GREAT! Go BULLS!

Enigma22

Reaction score
neither of those are surprises. pretty much all of the awards are easy to give out this year.

Wordlife

YES ROTY!!! I MARKED OUT BEFORE THE SEASON FOR THE HOMETOWN HERO! AND HE WON THE AWARD! GO DROSE!

Enigma22

Reaction score
no rose just won it. mayo was second in the voting tho.

Enigma22

Reaction score
lol anyone see this cavaliers playoff commercial? its great

[YT]Gwxq4HLDUx8[/YT]

also joe smith did a rap about the cavs thats pretty cool.

[YT]6BeHD1IABnY[/YT]

Soulpower

Heh, Joey Crawford will be one of the refs in the Mavs-Spurs game.

I fully expect Dallas to win by double digits, and to see Duncan getting T'ed up twice in the first 5 minutes by Crawford :shifty:

Enigma22

Reaction score
lol spurs were never gonna win this series without manu anyways.

Soulpower

Deron Williams, for the win.

2lwoi7d.jpg

BANG!

exC.On

Reaction score
^^ Saw that game, I was rooting for Jazz to win it. But I was kinda scared cause I knew 2 seconds was well enough for Kobe to bank one in. But it didn't go in this time.