Official NBA 12-13 season thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah Cuban was trying to get him to opt out and then resign for less money and more years but obviously wouldn't make sense for Marion to do that. Would be a good short term move by the Mavs and nice long term move for Boston if that pick turned into at least a decent player.

Notorious

Reaction score
Plus would shed some cap space or we could possibly flip Marion at the trade deadline to a team looking to shed cap space.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah I could see them using Marion as a trade piece even though he still is a solid player.

Seems like since Paul reportedly really wants Doc to coach the Clippers that the Clippers/Boston deal isn't dead after all. Still seems like the biggest reason for the trade even having a snag is because Sterling doesn't want to pay Doc the money he is gong to have to pay him.

Notorious

Reaction score
Based on the reports I've read it'll likely be KG/Doc for Jordan/2 1sts. Possibly Terry and Butler involved.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The latest is Jordon and 2 first round picks for KG and Doc straight up. Idk how much KG still has left in him since he was thinking about retiring and I think DJ will eventually be a good player with the right coaching.

Notorious

Reaction score
KG is still a game-changer on defense and he's still one of the best mid-range shooters in the NBA. He's a massive upgrade over Jordan.

Maybe Jordan can become a better player with a different environment but I don't see him making a huge jump. He's still a liability in 4th quarters due to his atrocious FT shooting and I'd still say he's raw offensively outside of dunking. He's also inconsistent on defense. I'm willing to take a chance on him, but if it doesn't work out then we can trade him after next season considering he'll be a big expiring.

Hearing there could possibly be a third team involved in the trade. If I had to guess I'd say Minnesota joining in to take on Courtney Lee.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
But Rondo Bradely DJ Green Sullinger ....... LMFAO

return of the paper bag and MVP chants for opponent era

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Read Boston has interest in Josh Smith. Oh god, Deandre, Smith,and Rondo starting equals instant hack all game. That would be a comical starting 5 to watch with Bradley and Green.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Why are you trashing Green and Bradley? Bradley is one of the best defenders in the league and Green is a solid player who showed flashes he could be a good player.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Because Bradley can't score and you can't have a SG who can't score with a PG who can't shoot, a C who can't rebound/defend/shoot/score, and a tweener in Green that doesn't rebound or score well from a night to night basis because he's too small for some 4s and too slow for a lot of 3s. That's an epic fail group. Hell its lotto ridic and another decade of mediocrity until they draft someone because no one worth a damn is ever signing up to play in Boston (note Josh Smith ain't worth the damn max). Plus you top it off with the fact Rondo and DJ suck donkey balls at the line which means Bradley and Green really aren't good enough to be starters on that team

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Looking forward to the final game tomorrow. Game 6 was good to watch even if Spurs completely faded in the last quarter. Hope that the recent trend of alternating wins continues and Spurs win it.

Notorious

Reaction score
The Celtics will be fine.

Danny Ainge has a plan like always. When he took over the Celtics before the 2003-04 season they were a treadmill team stuck in no man's land similar to the Hawks now, and in four years he rebuilt them into a championship team.

This isn't the only offseason deal he'll make and I highly doubt the starting lineup will be Rondo/Bradley/Green/Sullinger/Jordan by the end of next season, or hell, maybe even the start. Danny is going to deal his ass off just like he did in the last rebuilding period.

And anyone counting on another decade like the 90's is deluded. We don't have a shit front office like we did back then and I highly doubt we'll have two star players die again.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
So in short, they are flipping Rondo finally is what you're getting at. He's the guy with the highest return and honestly while he's damn good, he doesn't make that team (which would be constructed) better

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
You don't give up your best player you build around for no reason.

Notorious

Reaction score
So in short, they are flipping Rondo finally is what you're getting at. He's the guy with the highest return and honestly while he's damn good, he doesn't make that team (which would be constructed) better

Possibly. But he doesn't have to. Rondo won't affect the rebuild just like Paul Pierce didn't when he first took over.

But Rondo isn't good enough to be deemed untouchable and I'm very certain that if someone offers Danny a deal that he feels will benefit the team he won't hesitate to go through with it.