Official NBA 12-13 season thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
He should drop 30 plus a game, its on him, he's never stepped up a whole series and carried a scoring and minutes load. He had a good game but he's too damn good to get his ass kicked by Parker like he has or let Conley play him to a negligible stalemate these playoffs. He's not a franchise player, he just can't handle the minute or scoring burden for a season, which is why I see him leaving

Marc is the best C in basketball, Zach the best PF ... Best big tandem I've seen since Hakeem and Thorpe. They remind me so much of them rockets. Prince in Horrys role. And the two Gs in Conley and tony who don't give shit up.
Just wishful thinking on your part on him leaving since you still haven't let go of the trade veto. Paul isn't the problem he has carried them all year and is a franchise player. It's a reason that team went from irrelevant to one of the most relevant teams in the league. The issue is what the TNT guys pointed out that no one else is stepping up. 1 guy having 30 points while the next best scorer wasn't even at double digits in the 4th is bad. Plus a pass first point guards job isn't to average 30 points per game.

Last edited:

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Psych- Marc is the best C in basketball, Zach the best PF ... Best big tandem I've seen since Hakeem and Thorpe

Me- Have you ever heard of David Robinson and Tim Duncan playing together in San Antonio?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yes I have but they both weren't great at one time. Hakeem and Thorpe were both damn good at once. Robinson and Tim had that lockout year they won, and were both good, then didnt win again the next three years, and when they did Robinson was a role player. Hakeem was a beast and Thorpe was damn good, I put them because Zach and Marc are far closer in their level of play and stages of their careers than David and Tim who were going opposite ends of the spectrum.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Just wishful thinking on your part on him leaving since you still haven't let go of the trade veto. Paul isn't the problem he has carried them all year and is a franchise player. It's a reason that team went from irrelevant to one of the most relevant teams in the league. The issue is what the TNT guys pointed out that no one else is stepping up. 1 guy having 30 points while the next best scorer wasn't even at double digits in the 4th is bad. Plus a pass first point guards job isn't to average 30 points per game.

I don't like the veto because it broke bs precedents. Anyhow I'm more so focused on the fact I just can't see Paul staying long term looking at DJ and Blake. I think Houston could be a heck of a fit for him with the way they are playing small ball, especially since Paul historically has always played well with a Pargo, Jackson, Claxton, and Jack. He could very well take the place of Beverly.

And yes in turn its his job to step it up. He has to step it up his scoring and minutes load to be called a superstar/franchise player. Its why he can neve be your A or best player. He can't play a full season. He has to have his minutes monitored all year. He wears the brace because like Roy, he had them remove his meniscus. And he doesn't step up to the plate and score when his team needs him to like Thomas, like Parker, etc. He isn't good enough on the glass or defensively to change a game like Kidd or Magic. So yes I blame him for letting Conley play him to a negligible standstill, that should never happen, he's Chris Paul and should shit on him like Kobe, Shaq, Melo, Bron, do their counterparts. It isn't a. New thing with him, he's always underperformed vs elites as well as Deron has routinely destroyed him and he's Tony Prkers playoff bitch.

I just don't see him as a max franchise guy, and by that I mean max years and length. You can pay him max dollars but giving him 5 years if you are the clips is a risk because of his body and inability to step it up in the postseason. I mean we can all think of guys who failed like Reggie, Karl, Barkely, AI, McGrady, etc moments where they took over series ... Can you name a CP series like any of theirs in your memory? I also just can't see him sticking around when DJ and Blake are going to eat that cap, especially DJ who is the black Biedrins.

Even when he was a laker for 15 minutes, I had no problem with it because at the end of the day he was coming in to be what he naturally is ... A Pippen, a Pau .... A robin which is what he fits mentally and more importantly physically because if your guy can t go for 30-40 while playing 40mpg in the playoffs with all in the line, he ain't a franchise guy

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
When did I not say it was his job to turn it up and step up? He has done that problem is he is the only one who has done it. Fact of the matter is players hardly play full seasons anymore so that isn't going to stop him from being one of if not the best point guard in the game like he has been for years and getting paid like it. Clippers is pretty much the perfect place for him since he will always be looked at as a savior for that franchise and they will obviously do whatever he wants to appease him. Guy can handle being that star player as he is far from a mentally weak player and don't see any other place that better fits his situation as a whole with the Clippers.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Parsons is my second favorite non Laker wing. Boy he's great to watch. The rockets got him on a fucking steal of a deal. 4 years and less than 4mil.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
4th quarter bagel without ref bailouts ~ not that great lol

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
[video=youtube;1rk-yyKyvlc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rk-yyKyvlc [/video]

Sixers sure could have used those knees.

4th quarter bagel without ref bailouts ~ not that great lol
Melo has missed 15 straight 3s and has went 18 for 59 from the field in his last two games - not that great :white:

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Best thing about Dwight trade .... Not making Philis decision. That's gut wrenching as a fan and gm

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That boy (Bynum) about to rob somebody of millions this summer whether it be from the sixers or some other team who is desperate for a big.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Will lmao if Phoenix pays him. Will also listen real hard if its Portland to hear p1s head explode after pulling the trigger on Paul Allen.

Just glad LA didn't have to make the damn decision.

Phili could gamble, Denver could gamble, Dumars is crazy enough to add another piece that doesn't fit, Cleveland could gamble for his name, but I don't see Houston, Dallas, or NO making a play. Think Dwight makes a decision then him, then Josh Smith, and Milsap/Al both get overpaid after the market dries up. Hickson to me gets a mid tier deal with a team where he can get as starting role

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If the Suns didn't have Gortat I would feel more nervous about that possibility. I already want to kill the Suns front office as it is this wouldn't help. Don't think even Phoenix's miracle medical staff can fix his knees. I think Dallas will be the team to pay him if I had to guess right now unless they convince Howard to go there.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I keep thinking Cuban will be the guy to max out Smith. No FA has ever signed in Dallas, well of substance anyway

SAL

Reaction score
A Boston team coming back from a 3-0 hole to beat a New York team in a best of seven series?

Nah.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Holy shit David Lee has been cleared to play. To go from out for the season to playing just a couple games later is insane.