Official NBA 12-13 season thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
Suns' court is fucking terrible. Looks like a shitty ripoff of Oklahoma State's.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah I don't know why they fucked with it but I don't like it either. Do like what I see from B-Easy though.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Yeah I don't know why they fucked with it but I don't like it either. Do like what I see from B-Easy though.

You will like it now because it is pre-season wait till it is the regular season. You'll be cringing what he can do sometimes. Beasley is not bad at all dude is just inconsistent.

Also my playoff predictions

West
1. Thunder
2. Lakers
3. Spurs
4. Clippers
5. Grizzlies
6. Nuggets
7. Jazz
8. Timberwolves

Close but no Cigar: Warriors, Suns, Portland

Need to rethink some things: Mavericks, Rockets

This may take a couple years: Kings, Hornets

East
1. Heat
2. Celtics
3. Pacers
4. 76ers
5. Knicks
6. Bulls
7. Nets
8. Hawks

Close but no Cigar: Bucks, Raptors

Need to rethink some things: Pistons

This may take a couple years: Magic, Bobcats, Wizards

Finals Prediction: Lakers vs Celtics

I chose Lakers vs Celtics for different reason.

1. I normally get half of the finals wrong. It is almost I am using the Celtics so that way I won't jinx the Heat from facing the Lakers. Call it silly or stupid but I am very supersticious so I chose the Celtics hoping they will be the team I get wrong.

2. I know many are thinking why not choose OKC and Heat. Here is why. OKC is a great team in the West no doubt, and Lakers will be having some gel problems as many people are thinking. Though OKC I see them as being a team that is still going through a lot of growing pains. The fact Harden is still up in the air. Plus the Thunder could be due for the usual Westbrick games. Not to mention besides that Perkins always got abused by Dwight when they use to play, I mean Perkins can abuse Bynum, but he can't abuse Dwight. I also noticed Perkins struggled against Hill to some degree. Also where is that big veteran leader? I really feel that is what the Thunder is missing the most. Plus there bench is not really that reliable, and still hard to see what Maynor will do. So reason why I did not choose OKC.

3. Boston too me is one of the few teams along with the Pacers the can upset Miami. Keyword used the word upset not beat. The lack of a true center for the Heat hurts them. Plus the "depth" of the Heat I think is kind of overrated. Lewis may be better because he is playing on a championship team, but how consistent will they be? Will Mike Miller be consistent? Norris Cole is still a work in progress too me. The only two Heat bench players I trust are Allen, and Haslem. Also the fact the Heat will be running many players at various positions causes a lot of match up problems. Plus I think Rondo, KG, and Pierce will be playing with a chip on there shoulders most boost to the fire. As well Doc Rivers I think is a brilliant coach. Also I love Boston's depth. Jason Terry, Courtney Lee, Avery Bradley, Jeff Green, Brandon Bass. A lot of good physical players on that team.

So those are my reasons for a Boston and LA finals. Trust me I am a long with a lot of casual, and hardcore fans that want to see the Heat vs Lakers match up. I am not against that what so ever. I just chose the Celtics-Lakers because it felt more logical too me. Let's hope my prediction is wrong.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I know you're judging him off his tenor with Minny and understandably so but he's in a situation that fits him more now where he's actually being told to shoot more and play like the best player on the team rather than being told to shoot less and taming his game since he was playing with K.Love who is the best player. Think it depends on how much he wants to redeem himself which he seems really intent on doing from his game to his attitude. I know a lot of people have their doubts on Beasley but just feel he is primed to break this year in the situation he's been waiting for since he got in the league. It's happened with other players in the past like Z-Bo who crappy attitudes but turned it around once they got with the right team.

Last edited:

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
It is understandable why your high on him. Heck I hope Beasley has a great career loved him in college, loved him on the Heat. Hell I was doing circles around the house when I heard we traded for him. Really though it is more of a warning if anything. There will be night where Beasley looks like the star of a team, then there will be nights where he looks mediocre at best. We will see how Beasely develops hope he does well for you.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Can't wait till Tuesday.

It's Cavs year.

King Kyrie.

Notorious

Reaction score
I stick with my prediction of a Heat-Thunder Finals rematch.

Am still not convinced the Lakers are better than OKC.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Rockets trading Kevin Martin, rookie Jeremy Lamb, and draft considerations for James Harden, Cole Aldridge, Daquan Cook, Lazr Hayward .... Damn who got the better end of this trade?

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
Wow. Obviously Houston, they got their Star in Harden and they'll surely be willing to pay him what he wants. Martin wasn't coming back and Lamb and Picks isn't much, really.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Wow. Obviously Houston, they got their Star in Harden and they'll surely be willing to pay him what he wants. Martin wasn't coming back and Lamb and Picks isn't much, really.

Yeah I'm feeling Houston got a better end of this deal.

Also the Rockets gave them 2013 1st round picks from the Mavericks, and Toronto.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Holy shit last I heard they were talking contract with Harden and then this happens. Didn't see this coming at all and this is great for Houston and Harden might mess around and put up all star numbers. Guess at least Houston didn't clear up all that cap for nothing.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah I'm feeling Houston got a better end of this deal.

Also the Rockets gave them 2013 1st round picks from the Mavericks, and Toronto.
Well nvm won't crown Houston yet winning that trade if OKC got all those draft picks esp since they own at drafting these last few years. All of those picks have the chance to be lottery or at least decent picks.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
Still though, Morey has been trying to get a star in Houston for years now, and he finally did it.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Lin (if he plays anything like he did during his Linsanity run) and Harden is a fun and marketable back court. So yeah they should be able to sell tickets now and have a solid future. K.Mart on a good team is kind of interesting even if they just got him cause he was an expiring contract.

AF.

Reaction score
Rockets just got a hell of a lot more interesting in this off-season.

Going to miss Harden at OKC, I still think OKC will do well but not as good as they did with Harden. I knew they couldn't hold onto Harden, Ibaka, Durant and Westbrook through the off-season.