Official NBA 12-13 season thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Kobe probably tore his Achilles and should be fired. He twisted a knee, Vitti said pull him, Dantoni said he was going to ride him to a win. He came up with a cramp and was limping, Vitti said rest him, Dantoni said no. Kobe went down grabbing his foot all because that dumbass literally in his his words about Lin "rode him like secretariat". Idiot needs to be fired because he could've just ended his career there

Showtime

Reaction score
hey PSYCH, do you think Kobe would have allowed Priggles to sit him? Calm down son, I hate Priggles too but he isn't to blame for this. Kobe refused to rest, it's his own fault because if he was really in that much pain he could have just told the coach. Not saying I don't completely admire his passion and relentless, but this was expected to happen eventually with him playing as many minutes as he had been.

also where is your PAU hate at now-a-days? I remember you blaming and criticizing him for a lot of shit earlier in the season.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Gary Vitti got pissed off on the sideline and extremely concerned after that knee bump Dantoni completely blew him off and then kobe kepts on playing and tored his achilees and possibly ended his career. If this doesn't get him fired I don't know what will.i mean I've never seen a trainer shouting at a coach to take a guy out, and he had to be held when Kobe had the cramp. Dantoni killed a legend to save his job, and it should cost his damn job.

To think that's how his career could have ended. It literally could be as he was set to retire and the fact is he needs a year to recover from the Achilles

bitter sweet though as he gave his all to get the lakers a win, epitome of his career in a nutshell, gave it all to none was left.

Last edited:

Showtime

Reaction score
please die Jim Buss. please just for the love of god go away. I hate every single fiber in your body.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Blaming it on Dantoni is just misguided and wrong. If Kobe wants to stay out there he is going to make himself stay out there which has obviously been the case period so blame him. Don't think even you are silly enough to think Kobe ever wants to willing come out of games and Dantoni said no to force Kobe to go along with it. Knew all this ironman minutes were going to catch up with Kobe but didn't think it would be like this but doesn't surprise me.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Dantoni took years off Amares career. He forced Lin into a knee injury. Melo first hurt his knee because of the minutes Dantoni played him. And now he could have just forced Kobe to effectively retire. It's his job as coach to pull him, especially when the trainer is screaming two times livid to pull him, he is paid to think long term, and the only long term thing he did was think about his job which is what Kobe effectively kept him by pulling la back out that whole and to over 500 and in 8th with their own playoff destiny in their hands.

I will say this, the team has to make the playoffs. Kobe's carried their ass and literally left everything out there tonight to get them in that dance. They have to make it they owe him that to a man. Pau owes him that for always taking up for him. Dwight owes him that if he truly wants to show he learned what it means to be a laker like he said he wanted Kobe to show and teach him.

And Nash and Dantoni especially owe him that much. Nash owes him that much because he literally ran all the treat off his tires doing his job at PG, defending his assignments, and because he was too much of a pussy to suit up and play with a damn bruise and offer Kobe any rest at all. Likewise Dantoni owes him that because Kobe was literally averaging 45mpg his last 20 games with the Indy game where he played 12 mins

They owe him that much as a team because when they look at him, none of them can say on that team besides Metta they carried their own damn weight this year ... He did until he couldn't hold it anymore, ffs, this shit sucks and hurts even more watching both Pau and Metta cry tears openly about Kobe doesn't deserve that and how much he left out there, just sucks and hurts to think that could be the last game of his career because of that recovery time as it effectively takes away next season which is when he planned to retire since this is normally a year injury

Showtime

Reaction score
I don't really care about the playoffs. Whatsoever. I don't mean to come off as a Lakers fan that was only in it for Kobe, but I really just can't watch basketball if he actually has torn his achilles. Injuries happen, but literally everything he did for the team this year, it just seems like a waste.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Lakers are a disgrace 2-13 (not including Metta in this) and coaching staff if they don't win out and make the playoffs, a guy literally watching that game, gave everything to he had no more to make sure they stayed in the race and controlled their own fate. They have to win out to honor him and that sacrifice or just blow their asses up

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
You can type anything you wanna type to blame Dantoni fact of the matter is you can't give Kobe all the credit for saying fuck this I'm not coming off the court when shit is all good and then say fuck Dantoni when Kobe's stubborn attitude backfires. It is very commendable that Kobe went all in to try and I don't really blame you for being mad about the situation but it is just very easy for you to blame someone else other than the guy who caused it. Phil fucking Jackson had a hard time trying to get Kobe off the court. So for you to think Dantoni could let alone given what was on the line and knowing full well Kobe never wants to come out just doesn't make a lick of sense and you're just grasping at straws cause you're upset.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
If the trainer of the team says pull a guy, you pull him. Idc what sport you're in, you pull him. Even if its just to be checked out. Dantoni even admitted after the game when Kobe got hurt twice in the third he didnt think of pulling him and was hoping he didnt ask out because they needed the win. You can't say that stupid shit as coach either.

And its about his history too. This is the guy who rode Amare like a horse his first year with him. He did it to Melo to Melo had a knee injury the first time of his career last year. He did it with Lin when he famously told the ny press I'm going to ride him to I can't anymore like Secretariat during linsanity.

Phil had the balls to sit him. Hell Brown had the balls to sit him last year even when it pissed him off for his own good and he threw a hissy when he hurt his shin. Lets not excuse Dantoni wanting to keep his job, which is what Kobe playing all those minutes and willing all those wins since the break, was about him not getting his ass booted because as staples out it on Shaq night the "we want Phil" shadow looks over him

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
if you wanna blame someone blame Buss.
This is true. He chose Dantoni over Phil and Brown over Shaw/Adleman. He wanted Nash, as he admitted to mason and Ireland as Mitch wasnt planning to even contact him this summer let alone leverage the tpe for him. Just ugh

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Should have known it was pointless to try and debate this with you lol. I've said all I need to say on the blame game.

Anyways will be interesting to see how this will not only affect how the team responds the rest of the season but affect the Dwight situation heading into the offseason.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
It shouldn't be a question about the team ... His last act was leaving it all out there and keeping his promise of giving you a playoff spot to control your own destiny. You have to win these last two games, idc what level of sports you've played you know you owe that to a teammate to win these last two games and get there or it makes what all he put himself thru worthless

Now Dwight is the question mark. He wanted to be the guy. He just got handed a red hot torch to make his name. He looks like a coward if he runs away after the summer, even worse if they miss the layoffs by losing the last two. It's his team effectively if Kobe's forced to miss all next season too as he's said all year that would be his last year in his mind. Dwight can be the face of the lakers, he's going to have to be right now, and the world will be watching because the guy who many consider easily the GLOAT just went down fighting like a champion and gave his last for then Lakers as staples gave him a standing O as he left. So if you're Dwight, you just strap up and show everyone how damn good you are and that you belong in the same breath as Kobe, Shaq, Kareem, Magic, Wilt, West, Worthy, Goodrich, and Baylor. I mean he could leave but I doubt he does that or suicide after Orlando and the way things just went down.

I more so wonder about Pau in the interim after this year. Is he traded, amnestied, or kept?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It's a thin old team that just got paper thin without the guy who was carrying them so I say it is a question. It is obvious as to how they should respond but how they should respond and how they will respond is two different things so we'll see. Shit just got real for Dwight though which is going to be interesting given how despite how great he is, he is a pretty mentally weak star and this just might be too much weight for the guy to handle.