Official MLB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

I'm a really big Rangers mark...but I have to admit, Young really sucks this year. I think this year he won't get 200 hits again. Young got hurt...hit about .220 when he was hurt...then came back and got a 24 game hitting streak...ended it....sucked more...now he has a 14 or 15 game hitting streak. Young is a very overrated shortstop. Young has no range, Young can't go into the hole and make plays when they need them. When balls are hit up the middle, Kinsler comes up with about 90% of those balls...9% gets through and Young actually makes it to 1%.

Yeah, he sucks. Batting over .300 and having over 50 RBI's and a very solid .985 fielding percentage really sucks. Especially from a SS not named Jeter. :rolleyes:

And why the hell is Adam Dunn not in the HR derby. He's the perfect dude for that.

c4_FatTony

Reaction score
I am putting all my money on Ryan Braun. He's got power as we saw last year when he won the NL Rookie of the Year. Of course he is my hometown hero I figure it would be Berkman/Braun in the finals and we shall see. Anyway, I love watching them hit dingers.

Travis40

Yeah, he sucks. Batting over .300 and having over 50 RBI's and a very solid .985 fielding percentage really sucks. Especially from a SS not named Jeter. :rolleyes:

And why the hell is Adam Dunn not in the HR derby. He's the perfect dude for that.

....that's really bad for Michael Young...he usually is alot better than that. He usually hits around .325....I'm surprised that he has that many RBI's because of the person batting before him (Kinsler)

I agree with Adam Dunn...I'd take out Berkman or Braun and put in Dunn...he's a beast. Sucks that they didn't put him in :(

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
i hate dunn with a passion

i much rather would have had my Red's trade Dunn for Edinson

but whats the name of the Red Sox catcher who got voted into the all-star game by the players? i keep forgetting....

Too bad that Brandon Phillips didn't get voted in this year. AMAZING defensive player, and I'd be surprised if he isn't in the top runners for the 2B Golden Glove at the end of the year.

Sad that Grifster (Griffey JR) didn't get in. He doesn't really deserve it based on numbers, but this might very well be his last season and to not get in when he hits his 600th...sad sad sad. Imagine what he could have done if he didn't always get injured, this could have been the year he hits his 800th, and a ceratin starter in the ASG

That was my ramble

PeepShow

Too bad that Brandon Phillips didn't get voted in this year. AMAZING defensive player, and I'd be surprised if he isn't in the top runners for the 2B Golden Glove at the end of the year.

The funny thing is, he didn't even make the top 8 in voting. Seriously, the fans are so stupid. I don't care if the Reds aren't good, Phillips is, and he's having another solid year. I mean there were guys who don't even start but 1/3 days and got higher in the voting than he did. Really sad.

Sad that Grifster (Griffey JR) didn't get in. He doesn't really deserve it based on numbers, but this might very well be his last season and to not get in when he hits his 600th...sad sad sad. Imagine what he could have done if he didn't always get injured, this could have been the year he hits his 800th, and a ceratin starter in the ASG

Yeah. The reason I hate Ryan Braun with a passion.

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
like the catcher for the red sox... the players voted him in even though his stats are terrible, but they like unanimously hate the catcher from the marlins (why the fuck cant i remember peoples names!?), so he was the next best choice

that reminds me, when is the HRD and the ASG

c4_FatTony

Reaction score
^^ (Peepshow) You just hate Braun because he plays for the Brewers. You were probably one of those fans that were chanting "Braun Sucks" just before he hit a home run in left field that won the game.

Grif didn't deserve to play in the all-star game, and just because its his last season doesn't mean you grant the guy a spot on the team. The guy is a legend and certainly deserves a spot in the Hall of Fame, just not an all-star game with the amount of talent that is available.

PeepShow

HRD is tonight at like 7 and the ASG is tomorrow at like 8

c4_FatTony said:
^^ (Peepshow) You just hate Braun because he plays for the Brewers. You were probably one of those fans that were chanting "Braun Sucks" just before he hit a home run in left field that won the game.

No, I don't hate him just b/c he plays for the Brewers. It doesn't matter who or what team he plays for. If someone else had done the same thing, and edged out Griffey, I would hate that person just as much. I'm just a biased Griffey sheep in case you haven't figured out. :eek:

c4_FatTony said:
and just because its his last season doesn't mean you grant the guy a spot on the team.

lol, he will play for at least a couple more years, barring a major injury.

Travis40

I just wanted to throw something out here...the AL has a wide variety of pitchers...so since the ASG is at Yankee Stadium...has anyone thought of having Mariano Rivera start this game?...it would be awesome. Then they could have Cliff Lee come in the 2nd inning. Edison Volquez for NL Starting Pitcher plz (gotta love the former Ranger)

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
it really doesn't matter where they put Mo in, they've never done that with another team. He'll be put in regardless.

The ticket prices were ridiculous. I remember during School Days that some tix were 10,000+, and even employees that were off couldn't get tickets.

PeepShow

Grady Sizemore - WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!? THIS GUY ISN'T A POWER HITTER....what the fuck?...why didn't they put Giambi in this fucking thing? Hell, you could even put Carlos Pena or Milton Bradley in this spot...but why Grady Sizemore?

I must have missed this the first time. Are you serious? He leads the AL in HR's in case you didn't know.

And LOL @ the derby being on one of those 5 second delays. When Chase Utley was being introduced before the thing started, you could clearly hear him tell someone to 'fuck you' or something to that effect. Know when a player is up at bat, and they say 'ahhh, shit', it gets censored out. Lame.

EDIT- Josh Hamilton just set a record with 28 HR's in the first round. The next closest of the other 7 only had like 8. Oh, and not to mention he hit 3 balls over 500ft. This dude is the fucking man.

Travis40

how the fuck does he lose?

seriously....how does he lose?

and I still wanna know why they put Sizemore in...he fucking sucked the hell out of the HRD....he didn't even make it to the 2nd round

GOD DAMN IT THAT OLD FUCKING MAN PISSES ME FUCKING OFF, FUCK OLD PEOPLE

Enigma22

Reaction score
like the catcher for the red sox... the players voted him in even though his stats are terrible, but they like unanimously hate the catcher from the marlins (why the fuck cant i remember peoples names!?), so he was the next best choice

jason varitek is the catcher for the redsox and his stats are down cause he has to catch for matsasoka (sp?) who throws like 7 different pitches and wakefield (a knuckleballer) so he has to concentrate on catching and hes one of the best catchers in the league. hes back up in the all star game anyways. the red sox have him just to do the catching. not to do much offense.

and ya hamilton did amazing in the first round although he still lost overall to monreau unfortunately.

and again travis, grady sizemore is in the home run derby cause hes leading the AL in homeruns with 23. and no one really expected him to win it... he did fine.

Travis40

Well, I watch alot of Indians games and even though he's got the most HR's in the Majors...I still don't think he deserved to be in it. The guy isn't a power hitter, he's more of a contact hitter who can barely get the ball out of the park in games...but in the HRD he shocked me...he was pulling the ball down the line ALOT.

Hamilton to win 2009 Home Run Derby in St Louis!

Enigma22

Reaction score
hes barely a contact hitter anymore. hes batting less then 270 now but ya hes not the best power hitter and i doubt he will be in the derby again but it didnt surprise me at all he was in it... and he did decent but not great. i wasnt expecting anything better really...