Official Football Discussion Thread 2013/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Great stuff from Ramsey tonight. His touch for that second goal was excellent, and from someone who's clearly full of confidence at the moment.

Good to get through to the Champions League. It was a lot easier than I thought it'd be.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Mata's agent was at the Emirates last night.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
A nice story I read today is that supporters who have original ticket stubs or a programme from the 1961 meeting between Villa and Rotherham are getting in for free for tonight's League Cup meeting between the two, they met in the very first final. Good work Capital One!

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
True but how pricely do you think he'll be? I still think Arsenal should be focusing on buying an quality defender/goal keeper.
25+ with ease, however I think they should go with a cheeky loan bid to be honest as that's most likely to be accepted than an out and out transfer.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
I invite all you buddies to the Arsenal Champions League qualification party, 10pm, in this very thread.

Be sure to turn up!

Am I too late for the party?

Celtic qualify for the the Champions League again, despite our lack of income from the SPL, despite our lack of revenue as a result of the financial monopoly that is the EPL, and despite the fact we cant attract the top players.

We got through to the last 16 last season despite all of the above. We'll struggle this season as we're in pot 4 but bring on the draw tomorrow and bring on an English team.

Reactions: 1 person

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Does Arsenal really need another mid-fielder?

I know, we wait all this time for signings and Wenger seems to have the totally wrong idea as to what our problems are.

Cabaye and Mata aren't needed with Cazorla and Ramsay in great form, but it's come to the point that any new faces would make me happy.

We signed Flamini today on a free. Kind of worried we've missed the boat on signing any big names now. Should throw 40m @ Everton and take Fellaini and Baines.

Reaction score
I'd add Howard into that 40mil bid... I don't get why Arsene didn't go for Cesar when he had the opportunity, I'm really not sold on Schzeny or however you spell it.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Thanks for your kind words Cork. If we don't meet in the group stage, perhaps we'll meet in the last 16.

You do know there's a last 16 in the Champions League don't you? It doesn't always just end at the group stages?

EDIT: Fellaini and Baines to Arsenal? Really? You do know they have offers in from big teams?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He had a good game against Fenerbache but he's been erratic since he fucked up against Brum in the Carling Cup final.

Meant to have bid for the Valencia keeper Guaita, who I can't see being a massive upgrade. Been linked with Casilas too but I think thats dreamland talk.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Thanks for your kind words Cork. If we don't meet in the group stage, perhaps we'll meet in the last 16.

You do know there's a last 16 in the Champions League don't you? It doesn't always just end at the group stages?

We always get out the group stage, the only knockout stage you need to be aiming for is the Europa League one when you battle for third place in your group.