Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I see the draw coming too, which is what I mean by "I struggle to see us beating them" just to clarify. I probably should've added that.

I would be stoked with a win as it'd be huge for us in our bid to finish in the Top 4 as this is our only game left that isn't definitely winnable. After this we've got QPR (A), Wigan (H) and Newcastle (A) which we'll go in as the favourites in all of them. It doesn't mean we'll definitely leave each one with the 3 points as you never know what can happen, but that's a more likely scenario than the United game.

More than 1 point against United is a bonus, any less than 3 against the others is a disappointment. 12 points would be awesome, 10 is the minimum target, but any less and our fate won't be in our hands.

A draws a good result for you I fancy you to win most of the rest and finish at least fourth.

Aniking

Reaction score
See you at the match on Sunday mate!

Oh wait.....you've never been.

Oh don't start with your pathetic "you haven't been to a game therefore you're not a real fan" bullshit. Last time you brought this up we proved that that's an absolutely stupid, irrelevant, and imbecilic thought. Fact is my opinions actually offer something, yours are just petty, biased, and idiotic, and this is that in a nutshell. I'm over the other side of the world, how's it my fault I wasn't born or live in England?

Unbelievable.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Last time you brought this up we proved that that's an absolutely stupid, irrelevant, and imbecilic thought. Fact is my opinions actually offer something, yours are just petty, biased, and idiotic, and this is that in a nutshell. I'm over the other side of the world, how's it my fault I wasn't born or live in England?

Unbelievable.

Link?

I remember that argument a lot different to what you do. "Petty" would be bringing someones name up who hasn't even mentioned you, like you did up there.

I don't care where you live, and you can "support" whoever you want, but fact is if you have NEVER been to a game, you are NOT a true fan. That applies in any sport. You can be a member of however many fansites you want but it means absolutely nothing.

Reaction score
So what about the true fan who cannot afford to travel to get to a place like Emirates, can't afford a ticket which is without a doubt outrageous priced but they can name every key component of the teams history? Knows everything in and out of the club, actually has an invested interest in the team but cannot financially afford to go to a Premiership game?

I guess it's their fault for having financial hardship? What those with disabilities which would make it hard for them to go see a game? I know a few Autistic people who would love to go to a game but would not be able to cope with the travel and the atmosphere of my local team (Brighton and Hove) yet they are die hard fans? Let me guess, they can't be a true fan because they are 'Blue'

Absolute bollocks calling someone a faux fan when there might be legitimate reasons to why they cannot go and support their team in person. I'd love to go up to Anfield and watch Liverpool play but I'm looking at a 300 quid trip at least.

Aniking

Reaction score
Link?

I remember that argument a lot different to what you do. "Petty" would be bringing someones name up who hasn't even mentioned you, like you did up there.

I don't care where you live, and you can "support" whoever you want, but fact is if you have NEVER been to a game, you are NOT a true fan. That applies in any sport. You can be a member of however many fansites you want but it means absolutely nothing.

You ask for a link yet claim the argument went alot differently? How about you find it yourself.

I don't need to say anything else, you're just gonna stick with your pathetic opinion, proving you're the most idiotic member of the entire forum again and again. But please, concoct some wild statement against this...

So what about the true fan who cannot afford to travel to get to a place like Emirates, can't afford a ticket which is without a doubt outrageous priced but they can name every key component of the teams history? Knows everything in and out of the club, actually has an invested interest in the team but cannot financially afford to go to a Premiership game?

I guess it's their fault for having financial hardship? What those with disabilities which would make it hard for them to go see a game? I know a few Autistic people who would love to go to a game but would not be able to cope with the travel and the atmosphere of my local team (Brighton and Hove) yet they are die hard fans? Let me guess, they can't be a true fan because they are 'Blue'

Absolute bollocks calling someone a faux fan when there might be legitimate reasons to why they cannot go and support their team in person. I'd love to go up to Anfield and watch Liverpool play but I'm looking at a 300 quid trip at least.

...because I want to read it when I wake up and just laugh at how deluded you really are. Please, go ahead :arn2:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Am totally with the both of you on this.

Thank god for that late Spurs goal otherwise Villa really could have been in a bit of trouble bearing in mind Wigan have a better goal difference and a game in hand. If we win monday then I think we will just stay up, but it could go down to the last day.

I guess Newcastle are still in it after tonight...

Reaction score
Great win for Liverpool, in all honesty I was shocked at the trashing we gave Newcastle, will be interesting to see where they go from here. Match of the Day will be enjoyable.

And it's a shame Cork can't come up with a response, probably because he's been had.

Killz

Reaction score
Never been to a competitive league fixture at Anfield; die hard fan here. Funny that.

Hell of a spanking we have Newcastle today, chuffed we got it done sans-Suarez. As always we look good at the end of the season, settled and playing some good football. It's keeping the drama out of the close season and the transfers smart that will see that translate to next year. Any bullshit or overpaid primadonnas or what have you and it'll the same old story. Hoping at this point Suarez can just calm down and stick with us next year, top 3 players of the season in the league.

Always nice to watch Match of the Day with the Reds banging in 6 (Y)

Reaction score
I've seen Liverpool play at Southampton, and that's about it, I wouldn't call myself the ultimate die-hard fan as I go to Brighton and Hove Albion games but I most defiantly call myself a huge fan of Liverpool.

Liverpool need to make a few big signings defensively and we should be alright, as a club we're quite lucky we carry name value/ clout to sign bigger names in the game and we typically win a trophy very few seasons which is appealing to players; so getting someone attractive names to the club isn't the issue I don't think, it's actually affording them/ Brendan wanting them.

That being said, I think Brendan has done a good job steadying the ship this year at Liverpool and hasn't done a bad job at all, he just needs to get a few more players on board and hopefully win us the FA Cup and get us in the top six in the league next season and we'll be good.

Who knows, we might just go "Fuck you, United!" and go win the league next year instead xD!

Killz

Reaction score
Yeah I think it's prior managers who have had the cash-happy gene somewhere in them (or our directors of football or whatever other random positions they come up with) because getting them to sign/having the money is never the problem, it's getting the RIGHT players in that counts. Too many flops/overrated players coming in before last season. Now with a year under his belt and hopefully a bit of cash Rogers can carry on building his vision. He vitally needs an on-form and fit Gerrard for another year or two and ideally to keep hold of the likes of Suarez and Reina to stand a chance. I'd say another year, without drama or losing players, and we could be contending again.

It's vital that players like Leiva get back to full form and guys like Henderson grow into their boots and mature properly to a point they're regular first teamers. If we can blood our young guys and make one or two top signings to fill gaps perhaps at CB and on the wings maybe we should be a force to be reckoned with.

Reaction score
It's vital that players like Leiva get back to full form and guys like Henderson grow into their boots and mature properly to a point they're regular first teamers. If we can blood our young guys and make one or two top signings to fill gaps perhaps at CB and on the wings maybe we should be a force to be reckoned with.

I think we need a new defensive line entirely, Agger & Skrtl have not done the job at all this year, remember the embarrassment of the first game of the season? Reina's been touchy and wasn't there a rumor he was going to be moving the Summer anyways and honestly, some of the names my die-hard Liverpool mate has been throwing at me as possible replacements have sounded more appealing - Vrom, Roma's Goalkeeper & Begovic I'd take over Reina at the moment, he's winding down.

So to me, I think Brendan can sign some tasty defensive players, then we should be alright, if we don't want overrated/flop players, I think Brendan might have to shop in the German League and Premiership itself to find defenders who can cope with the British game.

Killz

Reaction score
I think we need a new defensive line entirely, Agger & Skrtl have not done the job at all this year, remember the embarrassment of the first game of the season? Reina's been techy and wasn't there a rumor he was going to be moving the Summer anyways and honestly, some of the names my die-hard Liverpool mate has been throwing at me as possible replacements have sounded more appealing - Vrom, Roma's Goalkeeper & Begovic I'd take over Reina at the moment, he's winding down.

So to me, I think Brendan can sign some tasty defensive players, then we should be alright, if we don't want overrated/flop players, I think Brendan might have to shop in the German League and Premiership itself to find defenders who can cope with the British game.

Ah man got to agree to disagree about Reina! He's still one of the best shot stoppers in the world, would walk into most european teams. I like to think of it as a bad season, a blip, and then he'll return to form next year. He's gone plenty of games without making a gaff (apart from a small wobble last week against Chelsea) so I'd give him a go.

As for defensively I think as wing backs go Johnson and Enrique are pretty much the best you can get (if Rogers wants to play that way with marauding attacking lb's and rb's, I dont strictly agree with it, but if he wants to play that we're fine) but I do agree centre-back is a pretty big issue. Carra is obviously done as of this year and I've never trusted Skrtl as far as you could throw him. I like Agger as an aerial target in a big way but I wouldn't be averse to getting rid for someone better. I'd definitely scour the German league for those efficient stalwart centre backs and see if any want to make the jump. So many underrated defensive players in the bundesliga. 1 or 2 CB's and some left wing based support in the middle (or just play Sterling every game and really blood him into the team) and I reckon that's all we need.

The real fun would come if we managed to lose the likes of Reina and Suarez. Reina because those other keepers you've mentioned have been linked to several other clubs if I remember the lass gossip column I read (especially begovic) and Suarez because we'd need to drop a cool couple of mill on someone really world class. Would hate to see us go into next season with the tandem of Borini and Sturridge full-time.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige

Hows about stop making bullshit excuses as to why you're an armchair fan.

Every club is affordable, and offer installment payment on season tickets. I'm not rich, and live in Wolverhampton yet still go down every weekend I'm not working. Also how old are you? You're talking as if football has always been this expensive....when I was 16 you could see Arsenal for a tenner.

No shock the armchair fan brigade have come out in full force again sucking each others cocks by liking each others posts. If you don't go to games then no shit I'm gonna think less of you as "a fan". Ankling is NOT an Arsenal fan, just an MOTD follower.

Reaction score
Hows about stop making bullshit excuses as to why you're an armchair fan.

Every club is affordable, and offer installment payment on season tickets. I'm not rich, and live in Wolverhampton yet still go down every weekend I'm not working. Also how old are you? You're talking as if football has always been this expensive....when I was 16 you could see Arsenal for a tenner.

No shock the armchair fan brigade have come out in full force again sucking each others cocks by liking each others posts. If you don't go to games then no shit I'm gonna think less of you as "a fan". Ankling is NOT an Arsenal fan, just an MOTD follower.

Oh please, that is such a bigotted response, no surprise though.

Affordability doesn't just mean the season ticket, you have to look at travel, possibly hotels, food, it's a lot more expensive than you'll appreciate, but then again you don't appreciate anything because it's either your opinion or it's wrong. I'm old enough to know games are a decent price, I know how much games are, I've been to games, still doesn't deny the fact some fans simply cannot afford or have the ability to go to games for one factor or another as I mentioned.

Hell, try being a high autistic and go to travel on a rampacked train and then cope with the atmosphere of a game and tell me it was an enjoyable experience because I doubt it would be.

Aniking

Reaction score
Ankling is NOT an Arsenal fan, just an MOTD follower.

See you continue to prove how fucking stupid you really are. You don't know a thing about me yet your opinion is so blindly biased that you make ignorant comments like this. If having watched every single game of the season apart from the games against West Brom and Fulham means I'm a MOTD follower, then congratulations jackass, you're spot on. But obviously that isn't the case, in fact it's the opposite, yet I know exactly what you're thinking right now. You're thinking "You're just watching games on TV, it doesn't mean you know anything" yet I guarantee that I have a fucking clue when it comes to Arsenal. You, on the other hand, only THINK you do because you've been to games before. Funny that considering you actually live in the fucking country, you complete and utter moron.

For the love of god, stop digging yourself a deeper and deeper hole. You're just making yourself look worse and worse :fp:

Status
Not open for further replies.