Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Boo at the QPR hate. I hope that we don't get relegated after just two seasons, I thought that Mark Hughes would be able to do something with the club but it has been a horrendous start to the season and a change was needed. Harry Redknapp would be a great replacement and hopefully will be able to get the club out of the relegation zone.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Boo at the QPR hate. I hope that we don't get relegated after just two seasons, I thought that Mark Hughes would be able to do something with the club but it has been a horrendous start to the season and a change was needed. Harry Redknapp would be a great replacement and hopefully will be able to get the club out of the relegation zone.

I can see why the change was made, thought they might have given him to christmas, still they never should have sacked Neil Warnock he got them up and they looked decent under him last season. Expect them to stay up now with Rednapp and the talent there, but will be interesting to see how long he stays there given that he could attract a much bigger club.

Important win for Southampton yesterday, newcastle have been cursed since the manager was given that eight year deal.

Decent point for Villa in a poor game, something to build on a win over Reading mid-week is a must.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
We will lose against Everton, not confident going there at all.

Agreed w/ above in that the Villa game was awful.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
The team is looking really tired at the moment. People like Cazorla and Arteta need a rest, but unfortunately the lack of depth in our squad means that they won't have a chance to.

Not a bad point in the end. I wasn't hugely confident going into this match, and it was a match we could've easily have lost, so I'll easily take the point.

Aniking

Reaction score
I'd take the point too seeing how Everton were by far the better team. We really lacked once again and it's really disappointing. Something that has failed to be mentioned is the fact we've lost just once (to Man Utd) in our last nine games in all competitions, which is decent but just too many draws. Not scoring enough for me.

Now there's something that really urks me about Wenger that I've gotta get off my chest. In his post-match press conference, he said "I can only say I’m pleased with the effort we have put in [during] the game" as well as "But I cannot fault the spirit and the effort we put in". I'm sorry but that's something I am sick to death of hearing Wenger say when we don't perform well. Not only that, but when he's questioned about possible buys ever transfer window, he says stuff like "We will buy only top players, but I'm happy with the squad I have now as I believe they can be strong". His definition of "strong" is weakening every season, and it really is disappointing.

Not saying "Wenger Out" or anything like that, just voicing frustrations as it's beginning to really annoy me.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He hasn't got any hunger and is just going through the motions so I wouldn't really be bothered if he went at this point, he's more of an accountant than an authoritive figure nowadays.

Echo

Reaction score
Things aren't going very well for me lately as a Scunthorpe fan.

Our players don't seem to care enough and we were whipped 4-0 by Doncaster last week.

Lewb

Reaction score
Doncaster are better than League 1 to be fair. Dean Saunders is a great manager tbh.

Echo

Reaction score
We also lost to Bury 2-1 at home the game before which was a shocking result. I'm a season ticket holder and I go to quite a few away games and our fans were brilliant at Donny. We did the conga at 4-0 down lol.

Lewb

Reaction score
Haha class. Cool to see another non prem league enthusiast. I shall be on Sunday hoping that Cardiff can beat Sheffield Wednesday (Our old boss and star striker) and get ten home wins out of ten, keeping us top. Sheff Weds not playing well at all... but with Dave Jones coming back, if anyone would ruin our streak it would be him haha

Lewb

Reaction score
Will Jones and Boothroyd got boo'd or cheered?

Ummm.... both boo'd, but with reason.

Jones: Got sacked but had nine months pay off us while he mulled around not looking for a new job. In that time he was on Sky Sports saying Whittingham and a couple of other players should leave for bigger clubs.

Bothroyd: Every since Jones bigged him up and he got his illustrious England call up, he never tried after that. He may not be boo'd that much though, as while playing for QPR he done the Ayatollah against Swansea when they beat them 3-0

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Hey i'm a lower leaguer too i'll have you know.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler