Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Palace have a very similar team to what we had last year, a 11-man team full of stars and then a very mediocre bench, and a small squad past that. Once the January rush of games come in and the squad is stretched and injuries come in I think they'll start to fall off the pace.

Blackburn to win the league for me. Second half of the league when Leon Best is fit, him and Rhodes will run the show. I'll be happy with second.

I also think Holloway will have a postive impact on Palace. Blackburn should be strong in that league regardness on who the manager is, doesn't always work out like that of course.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I don't care whether you got battered or not, you lost and that's good enough for me.

Maybe QPR can get their first win on Saturday too now.
Yet when you lose with a squad for that for the most part is full of youth, it's totally acceptable? Ridiculous.

I don't care whether you got battered or not, you lost and that's good enough for me.

Maybe QPR can get their first win on Saturday too now.

LOL what a joker.

Lewb

Reaction score
Chelsea are a fucking joke. Wins the Champs League and FA Cup: Lasts a week longer than AVB. Ridiculous

Aniking

Reaction score
Absolutely stupid decision. I can't believe how trigger happy Roman Abramovich is, and it's fairly obvious Di Matteo was only given a one-year contract because he lead the team to the Champions League and FA Cup. Di Matteo was always gonna get the boot for Guardiola, so the first sign of things going wrong he ends it there.

What I don't understand is why fire your manager a few months into the season just to install a manager you'll cull at the end of the season anyway?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Guardiola won't take the job, they are too small a club.

He could just wait for the Man City job and get half a billion to spend to win the Europa League.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I can't believe they sacked Di Matteo :lmao

Rafa Benitez is oddly the favorite for the job. I don't see Guardiola ready to return to management just yet. He'll want to enjoy his sabbatical a bit longer.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Absolutely stupid decision. I can't believe how trigger happy Roman Abramovich is, and it's fairly obvious Di Matteo was only given a one-year contract because he lead the team to the Champions League and FA Cup. Di Matteo was always gonna get the boot for Guardiola, so the first sign of things going wrong he ends it there.

What I don't understand is why fire your manager a few months into the season just to install a manager you'll cull at the end of the season anyway?

Thats my question about it too.

Thing is I was never convinced that Di Matteo was the right manager anyway, them winning the double last season was more down to a very talented set of players finally started to perform because they liked him more than AVB. On the other hand he hasn't done anything wrong and they did start this season well.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Absolutely ridiculous. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though.

Go on Roman, make JT your new manager. He's the only man you can trust.

Manager. Leader. Legend.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Absolutely ridiculous. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though.

Go on Roman, make JT your new manager. He's the only man you can trust.

Manager. Leader. Legend.

You missed out racist and peodifile

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Meanwhile Arsenal look like being the only English team to win in the CL this week, with cork making a correct prediction (for once). I bet he's delighted that a full strength Arsenal squad can beat a poor side who got rid of their good players in the summer. Real achievement.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
He's going to need all the luck in the world, especially because the Chelsea fans don't want him as their manager. Obviously Roman Abramovich will be looking at this as only a interim deal, and then go after Pep in the Summer. If he doesn't get Pep in the summer and Chelsea don't win anything under Benitez, god knows who he'll appoint as manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.