Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Lewb, Liverpool have never won a Premiership title and you're putting them ahead of Chelsea & Arsenal who have won multiple times. Liverpool are so overrated. Big 7? I'd say that a couple of years ago but after their 8th place finish last year and the fact they look even worse I'd call them a mid-table side.

Lewb

Reaction score
Football didn't start in 1992 Doink. I'm by no means a fan of the Pool, but they have won the league 18 times. Something only one club can trump them, hence why they're above. They've also won the top european competition five times, something no english club can match. But I'm sure being the blue side of Merseyside you get reminded of this a lot. Just saying, I was talking about all time great teams, not just for when me or you have been alive for.

Everton have a better squad than Liverpool right now.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
There's a difference between stature of club and quality of current team/squad. That fact seems to have been lost in this thread.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Football didn't start in 1992 Doink. I'm by no means a fan of the Pool, but they have won the league 18 times. Something only one club can trump them, hence why they're above. They've also won the top european competition five times, something no english club can match. But I'm sure being the blue side of Merseyside you get reminded of this a lot. Just saying, I was talking about all time great teams, not just for when me or you have been alive for.

Everton have a better squad than Liverpool right now.

Agree with this post. Liverpool will always be a big club even if they went down to the Championship, but I don't see them getting back in the top four for awhile yet.

The two biggest clubs of the PL era are Man Utd and Arsenal with Chelsea third. I still think it will be the same top three as last season with Chelsea taking over in 4th.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
How are Newcastle one of the all time great clubs when they've won one trophy in the last like, 40 years, and even that was because they got relegated and had £10m players in the Championship.

Spurs are contenders for relegation because Villas Boas is a rotten manager and they have sold their best players. I don't know if you've noticed but bigger clubs than Spurs have been relegated before.....Villareal, Deportivo la Coruna, Monaco and Sampdoria have all gone down in recent years, some of them in the same season they played in Europe.

Liverpool will bang on about their history all day but they've never came close to winning the Prem and never will, too mich money has been spent turning them from a sort-of-decent side into a mediocre squad even promoted clubs expect to beat.

And I know nothing about football, you guys need to check your history......Arsenal are far and away the third most successful side in English history, comparing League 1 sides to us is a joke.

Lewb

Reaction score
Lol. AVB is not a rotten manager. The Chelsea players miraculously became world beaters the day he went out the door.... That's no coincidence. The old guard dug their heels in and made sure he had a bad tenure as Chelsea boss.

As for Liverpool.. It all went downhill before Benitez left, letting Alonso go in the view of bringing in Gareth Barry was a fucking joke. And Dalglish does not know the modern game. It was like he was stuck in the early nineties. Never composed himself well in interviews and dealt with Suarez horrifically. Rodgers got some work to do and the board were unfair letting Carroll to go only to say no to investing in a striker. I do smell trouble for them this season, I really do.

I just found it incredibly ironic when you said Liverpool will bang on about history and in your next sentence you told us to check the history of Arsenals success.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
How are Newcastle one of the all time great clubs when they've won one trophy in the last like, 40 years, and even that was because they got relegated and had £10m players in the Championship.

Spurs are contenders for relegation because Villas Boas is a rotten manager and they have sold their best players. I don't know if you've noticed but bigger clubs than Spurs have been relegated before.....Villareal, Deportivo la Coruna, Monaco and Sampdoria have all gone down in recent years, some of them in the same season they played in Europe.Liverpool will bang on about their history all day but they've never came close to winning the Prem and never will, too mich money has been spent turning them from a sort-of-decent side into a mediocre squad even promoted clubs expect to beat.

And I know nothing about football, you guys need to check your history......Arsenal are far and away the third most successful side in English history, comparing League 1 sides to us is a joke.

Only time will tell on AVB. I think he is a good young manager who was the wrong man for the job at Chelsea and the same maybe true at Spurs, but there is no way Spurs will be fighting relegation it is just they are unlikely to make top four again.

Also Liverpool did come very close to winning the title a few years back when Utd only over took them with a few games remaining it was the 2008/09. They also won the Champions League not too long ago can't discredit yet.

Pete

Reaction score
AVB was decent in Portugal managing a mid-table side, then a bit worse as manager for Porto, but still good enough to go to Chelsea. Problem is, both at Porto and at Chelsea, people were making him out to be the next Mourinho, which he isn't. Just 'cause he's Portuguese and has a similar career path, doesn't mean anything.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
AVB was decent in Portugal managing a mid-table side, then a bit worse as manager for Porto, but still good enough to go to Chelsea. Problem is, both at Porto and at Chelsea, people were making him out to be the next Mourinho, which he isn't. Just 'cause he's Portuguese and has a similar career path, doesn't mean anything.

Part of the problem was at Chelsea is that it was too soon for such an inexpereinced manager to go into that sort of high pressure job and also the fact he was asked to carry out a long term game plan to make them an super attractive attacking team and to slowly move on the older players but because of the owner and the way results went he was never given the time to do that. Now at Spurs he is replacing Rednapp which is nearly an impossible task but also his tacktics are too attacking and wide open, Rednapp had them playing attractive attacking football but he also made them hard to be, unless AVB does the same they will struggle even to make the top six.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Cork just makes a fool of himself by saying Manchester United are no longer title contenders despite strengthening squad more than the competition did.

Btw, I'm working at Manchester United now, in the away area some games so if any of you lads come to a game, say hi lol.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Man Utd won't be contenders for a few years.....crippled by debt, shit, aging players, and losing to mid table sides, why are you even thinking otherwise.

Pete

Reaction score
Cork just makes a fool of himself by saying Manchester United are no longer title contenders despite strengthening squad more than the competition did.

Btw, I'm working at Manchester United now, in the away area some games so if any of you lads come to a game, say hi lol.

You LUCKY BUGGER. I applied to work at the Comms Dept there at one point, but never heard back from them (predictably).

Can you hook a brotha' up though, is the question... :lmao

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Lol, I'm just a kiosk worker so I sell food and drink up until 5 mins into the second half lol. One downside is my contract states I cannot bet on any comps manchester united are in now.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Man Utd won't be contenders for a few years.....crippled by debt, shit, aging players, and losing to mid table sides, why are you even thinking otherwise.
Because I'm not a dipshit like you. The fact that one of your reasons is because we are 'shit' proves you're just a jealous butthurt who can face Arsenal are nothing compared to us. The longest it takes us to rebuild is usually two years, Arsenal have been rebuilding for 7 years and done fuck all. Please shut up and stop making a fool out of yourself. We lost to a relagted side and a side that just escaped relegation last year, and we finished 2nd only on goal difference, we beat the big teams when it comes down to it and you know it.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Shitty international break this weekend, ruins the weekend of football.

Watch an international team I don't care about play some no-name country. No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.