Official "EliteXC: Kimbo vs. Shamrock" Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

Now I don't know how many of you are familiar with EliteXC, but it's another fight promotion that is mainly on Shotime. They have some great fighters, they also have women fighters. They have 2 hour shows on CBS every 2 months or so, the first being the most watched MMA program on broadcast TV. They got Kimbo Slice, he is their most recognizable fighter. Anyone ever see EliteXC on TV? I saw their last CBS show and it was great, I couldn't turn the channel.

EDIT: I don't want to have 2 separate EXC Discussions, so this is renamed and devoted to EXC Oct 4th on CBS. Thank you...

EXC-3.jpg

Wordlife

I saw both of em man... we talked bout this before, but I love EliteXC alot, and those girls are freakin VICIOUS!!! Kimbo is the best though imo

xtremebadass

Yea dude Gina Carano is a beast. She is the American Gladiator too right?

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
Yea dude Gina Carano is a beast. She is the American Gladiator too right?
Yeah man Gina is a beast but I'd still hit that, she needs to be worried about that Cyborg chick from Brazil she's a monster. Gus Johnson and Frank Shamrock have good chemistry which makes their commentary great. I can't wait til Kimbo fights again I hope he'll improve on his ground and pound game so he'll beat the shit out of somebody.

thedeadite

Reaction score
I give credit to Kimbo for going out there and trying to be a legitimate fighter. He works hard and has a legend as a trainer in Bas Rutten. I don't, however, have respect for Elite for the way they bill him. He's a nobody in nobody when it comes to mma and shouldn't be the focus of their organization. Using his name recognition to sell your company is one thing, having him main event a show is another. Throwing him at the top of a card against a can can only last so long before fans start realizing that he's not what they say he is. If they want to use him as the headliner for there next CBC show they need to put him against legitimate talent (Kimob/Rogers!!!).

Reaction score
How about KJ Noons? I like him and think he's one of the best in the world. I love Elite XC because it exists. I always love another option. I have 2 dvd's and enjoyed both very much. The only disappointment was Shamrock/Gracie. I mean a dream fight pissed away because of an accidental knee!

xtremebadass

Yeah man Gina is a beast but I'd still hit that
Have to agree with you on that one.

Gus Johnson and Frank Shamrock have good chemistry which makes their commentary great.
Another good point. That one black guy was a good announcer, like in UFC Mike Goldberg sometimes pisses me off and Joe Rogan is a little iffy. Fear Factor doesn't give you much credibility. Shamrock and Johnson were definitely a great announce team which also kept me tuned in unlike Affliction. They had some greaseball and Frank Trigg announcing. I can't stand Frank Trigg. Plus the Affliction show was sort of low budget.

Reaction score
Yeah, Gina Carano is a major piece of ass that can kick mine and that's pretty damn sexy!!

I like where EXC is going and I like that they're picking up steam. There was a place needed for other great fighters to go and this is it. The production values are actually a littler better than UFC. Not that it should matter a lot in MMA but just an observation.

xtremebadass

I like EliteXC because it feels like you are watching something larger than life. Sure it isn't as big as UFC in reality, but it's free on CBS, hell, you can get it without cable which makes it huge by itself. The production values are tremendous, the fights don't disappoint. The fights don't drag and they keep the show moving. They always put on their best most entertaining fighters. They have an entrance ramp like WWE which is pretty odd, but cool. It's a great promotion for any experienced or new MMA fan.

Reaction score
^^^All of the makings of a major league promotion in a few years. I hope it doesn't become a competition. MMA is growing and there's a market for guys up and coming, coming back, or just don't have good terms with UFC. Like Nick Diaz.

Also, as long as the women keep putting on clinics then EXC will continue to be cutting edge there.

xtremebadass

Yea the women kick total ass in EliteXC. They have MOTN candidates from what I have seen, it's nuts.

Reaction score
I looked up some female fighters and turned up a decent list courtesy of ronin5.com.

Megumi Fuji-Submission fighting, Judo and Jiu-Jitsu black belt uses Inazuma toe hold submission.

Erin Toughill-cool name, not bad looking. 31 years old and her speciality is kickboxing with some BJJ.

Kyra Gracie- yes the same. First Gracie female to actively compete. Trained by Renzo Gracie.

That's just a quick hit from the website. I'm going to find more info on them.

xtremebadass

Holy shit, they even have female Gracies now? Damn. Kimbo Slice is fighting at the next EliteXC on CBS. That should be something to see, he is a big draw even though he can't really fight. I hear Gina Carano is fighting too, gotta see that. Anyone know any other fights?

Wordlife

I thought I heard 2 more but now I cant remember them... Raw live in 4 days

Reaction score
^^Yeah, even female Gracies are on the scene. I think it's great. The Gracies didn't quite write the book on BJJ but they included most of the chapters.