Elimination Chamber Official Elimination Chamber Discussion Thread 02/19/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
kanenite95 said:
im sick of Cena himself tbh, the guy should have never made it past midcard status. Most midcarders are better than Cena. Ziggler, this guy is amazing. Good mic work, great wrestler, and best seller in the WWE. Ive also been very impressed with Hunico. He is a perfect example of why WWE needs their cruiserweight division back. So much under-used talent in the WWE today its actually sickening throat

Cena is no mid carder come on ;). He has probably the best mic skills in WWE and a good look. He just needs to be used better, that's all. 6 years with the same gimmick is bound to get stale with the modern fanbase.

I'm a fan of Ziggler too, and he will have a good 2012 I feel. I agree, a cruiser-weight division could do so much good for WWE, TNA's x-division is a success after all.

No midcarder though is better than Cena. I enjoy Ziggler more than Cena at the moment, but that doesn't make him better. I still feel if he was changed into a completely different character, remove this "face or heel" garbage and actually reinvent him I feel you'll be a fan, as most of the IWC would.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
kanenite95 said:
im sick of Cena himself tbh, the guy should have never made it past midcard status. Most midcarders are better than Cena. Ziggler, this guy is amazing. Good mic work, great wrestler, and best seller in the WWE. Ive also been very impressed with Hunico. He is a perfect example of why WWE needs their cruiserweight division back. So much under-used talent in the WWE today its actually sickening

I dont love Punk, he's very overrated to me, WWE is putting him on John Cena's level. Never losing, always beating the odds, and being shoved down your throat

I'd give you 5 likes if I could for the first part alone... But I can only give you one. Sorry!

Cena's a talented performer, but WWE wants him to be Hogan, "Hulking Up to Overcome the Odds", as you well know. But he definitely doesn't have "12-time WWE champion" talent. And I'd give him a long feud with Daniel Bryan... That way the internet/hardcore/smart-mark fans have a guy to cheer for and against, and so does the casual/young/female fan. Problem solved.
We're all sick of Cena, he doesn't need a heel turn, but they need to do something to make him feel more like a regular human being.

The buildup before a match usually has more impact on match quality than a match itself, IMO. That Punk/Cena match wouldn't have nearly been as good if the storyline before it wasn't as awesome as it was.

Snowman1

Reaction score
kanenite95 said:
Cenas has bad mic skills, idk why everyone says he's good. All he does is come out, crack corny jokes, act tough, and get loud for no reason. Best mic workers are Ziggler, Barret, Jericho, and Kane

It's probably WWE controlling his lines, but we really don't know how much control a superstar has over his character.

Edit: How much does mic skills mean, really? (Cut to Crayo talking about a certain guy getting a non-stop WHC matches)

Reaction score
kanenite95 said:
Cenas has bad mic skills, idk why everyone says he's good. All he does is come out, crack corny jokes, act tough, and get loud for no reason. Best mic workers are Ziggler, Barret, Jericho, and Kane
\
This is so true.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
kanenite95 said:

That's content, not mic skills. I don't see how Ziggler and Kane are in the same sentence as best mic workers. All Rock comes out and says is his catch phrases, but he has better mic skills than most in WWE. If Cena didn't have forced content he'd be great.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
kanenite95 said:

He can talk on the mic and people will listen, he can improvise to buy time and he can entertain the fans.
Dolph is decent and getting better, Barretts good, Jericho is amazing and Kane is alright.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Both of them are given that content by WWE, it's not them having better mic skills. Dolph Ziggler can sometimes sound monotone and boring, and Kane can't play on audience reactions, but is talented in other ways on the mic.

Cena is probably the best mic worker in WWE (Randy Orton and a few others have already agreed with that statement), along with Punk, Jericho and Barrett

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
kanenite95 said:
Kane and Ziggler own their character and thats shows in their mic skills. Ziggler comes off very cocky and confident and just very natural. Kane comes off as a demented soul, he incorporates his wide vocabulary into that role very well.

Ziggler is my top contender for MITB this year.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does WWE realize that they really need a new babyface star?

Instead of making a heel look amazing and therefore make the face look more sympathetic, like wrestling should work, they'll see the pop Santino got and rush to give him MITB.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
They need a heel that is a threat more than a babyface star.
Someone who can have a run like Orton did from 2007-2008.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
CM Punk said:
They need a heel that is a threat more than a babyface star.
Someone who can have a run like Orton did from 2007-2008.

They were on the right track with Barrett and the Nexus at one point, so hopefully he gets another big push.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
kanenite95 said:
new babyface is Sheamus, look for him to be shoved down our throats for awhile

This. I'm not looking forward too it.

The answers to the ultimate heel scenario is no SmackDown. Rhodes, Bryan and Barrett. They're the three best heels in the business atm.

If you're talking about another HHH like heel, then Barrett edges ahead. He was incredible during the nexus days.