Official Doctor Who Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
73 yards was an interesting episode. I had no clue what the hell was going on. Wish I knew what old lady said to make everyone abandon Ruby.

I loved that the other reason they did the episode was because Ncuti was busy working on Sex Education and they needed a Doctor-free episode.

Dot/Bubble was interesting too. Good episode but probably the weakest of the bunch so far.

One thing I'm glad about is that they are acknowledging
That one lady has been in like every episode in different roles. Ruby and The Doctor said they've seen her like 5 times.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
73 yards was an interesting episode. I had no clue what the hell was going on. Wish I knew what old lady said to make everyone abandon Ruby.

I loved that the other reason they did the episode was because Ncuti was busy working on Sex Education and they needed a Doctor-free episode.

Dot/Bubble was interesting too. Good episode but probably the weakest of the bunch so far.

One thing I'm glad about is that they are acknowledging
That one lady has been in like every episode in different roles. Ruby and The Doctor said they've seen her like 5 times.

I just finished the Doctor Who Unleashed Episode on Dot and Bubble and it made the Episode even better for me to watch. The Slug like Creatures Practical to the point they had a 3rd person job to control them in Close up Shots to layer in with the effects later. The thought of our World being like we saw in Dot and Bubble is a scary one to think about. I know what it means to go without and not have Technology like the Internet in my life so if I was to lose it right now I wouldn't lose my mind like alot of people would go through if they even lost their Phones like my Mom did days ago. Callie Cooke really carried this Episode displaying this rich, entitled person who can't even walk on her own without her Dot and Bubble telling her where to go.

Chaos can often sometimes create Monsters I saw it in the Walking Dead and Game of Thrones franchise especially so colored me shocked and not shocked when Lindy turns on Ricky wanting to safe herself. The Racism part in this Episode was shocking when you do look around and say oh my God this girl is like that towards the Doctor because of the Color of his skin girl you are going to die a horrible death in mere Weeks into the Woods fool. The Ending with Ncuti pleading Lindy to let him help her and he can't force her was the best Scene of the Episode and it was the first Scene Ncuti did since the Bi-Regeneration as the Doctor.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Re: what the old lady said in 73 Yards...

I don't think it really matters. The important thing is that it acted as a catalyst to force Ruby to deal with her abandonment issues. By the time she turned 40, it appeared that she was finally alright with being alone, which allowed her to act the way she did to prevent the potential nuclear war.

Dot & Bubble was great. I disagree on it being the weakest episode this season, though. The dubious honour is currently sitting with The Devil's Chord. I would have said Space Babies, but the farting ship made up for it in the end.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Re: what the old lady said in 73 Yards...

I don't think it really matters. The important thing is that it acted as a catalyst to force Ruby to deal with her abandonment issues. By the time she turned 40, it appeared that she was finally alright with being alone, which allowed her to act the way she did to prevent the potential nuclear war.

Dot & Bubble was great. I disagree on it being the weakest episode this season, though. The dubious honour is currently sitting with The Devil's Chord. I would have said Space Babies, but the farting ship made up for it in the end.

I didn't know Fuji you like Doctor Who pretty cool. Personally I have Space Babies at the Bottom with the Devil's Chord 4th, Dot and Bubble 3rd, Boom 2nd of course, 73 Yards at Number 1.

On unrelated note Fuji Star Trek Discovery the Series finished up and it's finally time for me to go back to the beginning and watch that Show. I don't know if I want to start the original or pick and choose here and there since Strange New Worlds newest Season has debuted as of yet.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Haha, I've been watching Doctor Who for more than 35 years, which suddenly makes me feel very old!!!

I actually liked Boom a little more than 73 Yards but they're kind of like 1 and 1a for me. If I were ranking everything from the Disney era so far, it would probably go like this...

1. The Giggle
2. Wild Blue Yonder
3. Boom
4. 73 Yards
5. The Star Beast
6. Dot and Bubble
7. The Church on Ruby Road
8. Space Babies
9. The Devil's Chord

Keep in mind that my reasoning for voting The Devil's Chord so low is my utter disdain for the Beatles and the fact that putting glasses on an actor doesn't immediately make them look like John Lennon.

As for Star Trek, I gave up on Discovery but Strange New Worlds is awesome.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Very saddening to hear about Russell's passing.

Of all the companions in Doctor Who, Ian ranks within my top 5 as someone who was willing to contest The Doctor on decisions he made and could go toe to toe as an equal of his.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Ian and Barbara remain two of the absolute best Who companions. Sad to hear about his passing, but he definitely lived a hell of a life, and for that we can be thankful. Prior to seeing the serials themselves, I was exposed to many early Who stories through Russell's Target Novelizations, some of which I still own. I didn't even make the connection that he was Ian until years later, and it totally blew me away.

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I don't know I wasn't feeling Rogue at all this Week. Maybe one day in the future I'll dive into something like Bridgerton but to me I could care less about what was going on in the Episode. Too much pussy footing around involving The Doctor hitting on Rogue or that B Plot Story with Ruby taking to that girl telling her you don't need to follow the rules of the World for yourself involving Women of the time. By the time those Bird Creatures started doing some stuff I was already like end the Episode already. Now I will say Rogue chemistry with the Doctor early on I didn't like but they did well together as the Episode went on. If the guy didn't die surely he's going to return in Season 2 or 3 for sure.

"You got a screwdriver, good I've been meaning to put a cabinet up over there." :lol