Obama calls out to "Gay brothers"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
There is no CLIMATE CHANGE. The whole 28 years I lived in Texas, nothing changed. The climate is exactly the same most of the year as it was when I was a child. If anything changed, it's the winters which are getting more and more cooler and it's actually not even rare for it to snow a bit in Dallas anymore like it used to be. There is no pending emergency. Fossil fuels will be long gone and fully depleted long before they eradicate our entire fucking ozone layer. The earth is a humongous planet. People just want to freak out the second a tectonic shift sends a huge iceberg into the Indian ocean and environmentalists call it a "climate change" so that their endorsers can push forth their alternative propositions for energy consumption, an industry that is completely dominated by fossil fuels and other dirty businesses. When the coast lines start receding (which they haven't), then we can start worrying. It's a fairy tale that makes for fairly decent disaster movies like "The Arrival" and "The Day After Tomorrow" but that's it. It's science fiction and it would take infinitely more resources than we have on this planet to make something like that a reality unless we were doing it completely intentionally. The earth isn't in danger and it isn't going anywhere.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Oh my god, and with all due respect; it doesn't matter what's happening in Texas!

It has been fucking cold and grey and windy in Scotland since I was born. The changes aren't happening to us, in the habitable areas, they're happening in the Arctic, or those small islands in the South Pacific and elsewhere. Your need to equate this to disaster movies and Armageddon situations is part of the problem. That's not what's going to happen, but if we continue on this way, slowly but surely some parts of the world will become uninhabitable, water and resources will run short those people will have to move somewhere. We already have huge problems with migration and lack of resources in most countries, this will only be exacerbated by climate change, which will mean OUR resources becoming further stretched.

It's not a big giant wave that's the danger of climate change, it's the possibility of what it will do to us as a species, when the food and water and land starts to run out.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Food and water running out? :lmao Oh my.

I'm sorry, but no... that's just not going to happen. Ever. And yes, I'm very well aware of what they've said is happening in Antarctica, the whole story of the giant hole in the ozone layer was reported over a decade ago, and guess what... Antarctica is still there and still completely frozen. And the most-closely inhabited places like Chile, Argentina, and Australia have not experienced any changes either. I'm not trying to over-simplify this, but if it looks like bullshit and smells like bullshit...

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Please, just for a second stop thinking of this like your Roland Emmerich, Antarctica will not disappear over a 20 year period, GRADUAL. That's the word of the day, GRA-DU-AL. It's also not complete frozen, bit giant chunks of it keep falling off- and yes I realise they do that all the time, but the point is the chunks are getting bigger. MUCH bigger. And I'll say it one more time just so I'm clear; the problem with climate change is that WE as a species are accelerating the change. It's not a claim that those changes don't happen without us, but that we are making the planet behave unnaturally.

Honest question, if climate change is a nonsense like you believe, what do you think someone like me hopes to achieve by believing in it?

Ryan

Reaction score
Going back to the topic of presidents real quick, I feel there's a Walt Whitman quote that sort of applies to presidents and really any big historical figures in general. Walt Whitman once said: "The real war will never get in the books." It seems sort of irrelevant but if you replace the word war with any person's name it kind of comes full circle. The real Ghandi will never going to make the books, the real Winston Churchill will never make the books, the real FDR will never make the books. I'm not putting down the legacy of Ghandi, but we have a member from India saying all Indians hate Ghandi and this is a man that is basically worshiped the world over. I'm definitely not putting down Winston Churchill who is easily one of the most influential people of the last 150 years, because if it wasn't for him Europe would have fallen to Hitler and who knows what the world would be like today. I'm most definitely not putting down FDR because he held this country together through one of it's toughest times. These men had their faults though like everyone else, but those faults don't make the books. History just looks favorably on certain people though and I think the same goes for people who are on the outside looking in cause the real Obama will never make the news in Europe or Asia or Africa or Australia

As for climate change, I'm kind of indifferent to it. I don't waste, but I also won't be driving a Prius anytime soon. If nothing else, I want nature to be conserved and preserved because it's beautiful. The Amazon rainforest and the African Serengeti are really beautiful places so I want places like that to be preserved because the world wouldn't be as awesome without them or the animals and organisms that inhabit them.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Please, just for a second stop thinking of this like your Roland Emmerich, Antarctica will not disappear over a 20 year period, GRADUAL. That's the word of the day, GRA-DU-AL. It's also not complete frozen, bit giant chunks of it keep falling off- and yes I realise they do that all the time, but the point is the chunks are getting bigger. MUCH bigger. And I'll say it one more time just so I'm clear; the problem with climate change is that WE as a species are accelerating the change. It's not a claim that those changes don't happen without us, but that we are making the planet behave unnaturally.

Honest question, if climate change is a nonsense like you believe, what do you think someone like me hopes to achieve by believing in it?
I don't believe you're trying to achieve anything, I believe that you actually do believe in climate change. If I didn't, I wouldn't be having this discussion with you. I just think you have the wrong idea about it. Antarctica is a highly tectonic area, the entire country of India was part of it not too long ago in terms of tectonic shift time (which is like 100,000-200,000 years our time, but you get the idea). That's why the Himalayas exist today because that chunk of Antarctica slammed into Asia at breakneck speed, subducted under the Eurasian plate and pushed up the biggest mountains in the world. You know something else? Nobody was burning fossil fuels back then either. So frankly I find the idea that we're melting the polar icecaps just because pieces of that continent are still breaking off to be a bit of a stretch. Once ice is froze, it's frozen. It doesn't get any more frozen. And Antarctica stays frozen practically all the time. So even if you submit that the average temperature there is a bit warmer lately (let's just say -20C as opposed to -30C for the sake of argument), ice is still ice. The integrity of the ice doesn't weaken if it's still below 0C. Therefor I don't believe for one second these giant icebergs are a result of warmer temperatures because Antarctica rarely ever gets above freezing point and when it does, it's daytime during summer solstice near the outermost coastal areas which is only about one week of the year. Even in Canada after our winters are over, usually around late March, it takes weeks and weeks for the accumulated snow and ice to melt and that's being subjected to positive temperatures every single day. You're not going to thaw out a humongous city-sized iceberg with the tiny window Antartica's coastline has. However, forces like earthquakes are very plausible explanations for breaking apart ice that is frozen to a shaking surface and they happen year-round. Even if it's just a series of very small, barely noticeable earthquakes that happen over an extremely long period of time.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Pretty sure that Obama has spoken out in support of gay couples before. It is baffling that gay marriage hasn't been legalised yet. In a couple of decades people will look back on this like they now do on equal rights and things like suffrage. Now we look back and wonder how people could ever have thought it was right to prevent women or minorities from voting and we rightfully look down on those that held them back. Gay marriage isn't going to hurt anyone, it isn't as if straight people have done any good with marriage anyway.

As for Obama as a President, one thing that makes him stand out for me from other recent US presidents is that he speaks eloquently and comes across as, and obviously is, a very intelligent human being.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
I don't believe you're trying to achieve anything, I believe that you actually do believe in climate change. If I didn't, I wouldn't be having this discussion with you. I just think you have the wrong idea about it. Antarctica is a highly tectonic area, the entire country of India was part of it not too long ago in terms of tectonic shift time (which is like 100,000-200,000 years our time, but you get the idea). That's why the Himalayas exist today because that chunk of Antarctica slammed into Asia at breakneck speed, subducted under the Eurasian plate and pushed up the biggest mountains in the world. You know something else? Nobody was burning fossil fuels back then either. So frankly I find the idea that we're melting the polar icecaps just because pieces of that continent are still breaking off to be a bit of a stretch. Once ice is froze, it's frozen. It doesn't get any more frozen. And Antarctica stays frozen practically all the time. So even if you submit that the average temperature there is a bit warmer lately (let's just say -20C as opposed to -30C for the sake of argument), ice is still ice. The integrity of the ice doesn't weaken if it's still below 0C. Therefor I don't believe for one second these giant icebergs are a result of warmer temperatures because Antarctica rarely ever gets above freezing point and when it does, it's daytime during summer solstice near the outermost coastal areas which is only about one week of the year. Even in Canada after our winters are over, usually around late March, it takes weeks and weeks for the accumulated snow and ice to melt and that's being subjected to positive temperatures every single day. You're not going to thaw out a humongous city-sized iceberg with the tiny window Antartica's coastline has. However, forces like earthquakes are very plausible explanations for breaking apart ice that is frozen to a shaking surface and they happen year-round. Even if it's just a series of very small, barely noticeable earthquakes that happen over an extremely long period of time.

We should probably stop derailing the thread and save this for the next climate change thread :Sandow2:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Re: Obama calls out to "Gay brothers"

26028454.jpg

15028137.jpg

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
We should probably stop derailing the thread and save this for the next climate change thread :Sandow2:

Or just start posting irrelevant pictures in a flat attempt to be funny like other people.