NXT - Weekly TV Show Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's episode was decent.

The World's Greatest Tag Team vs The Ascension was good, Bayley vs Alexa was solid and everything else in between was fine.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
^Love how our reviews are just withering away, hahaha.

Well, I've had a headache for the better part of the day and didn't feel inspired enough to write my usual weekly review of NXT TV.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Yeah, it's all good. I'd love to try to copy your review style though and

Small notes: Holy damn Jordan and Gable are so incredible! Best Ascension match ever and it isn't close... What do Cesaro and Eva Marie have in common? they're both better in the ring than on the mic... Main Event is fun if you can mute the crowd...

You know what? I'm gonna call my fanboy shot here. If the plan is to keep Asuka in NXT forever, then it would be GREAT to see Evil Emma beat the snot out of her. :tough:

Think about it. What better way to rehabilitate her than to have her pull the upset? This match has three months of build, and after Dana gets concussed Testify-style again, the story's gonna go back to "you dead".
Besides, her squashes have been much more impressive (albeit not as fun to watch, different characters) than Asuka's imo. Maybe, just maybe... :please:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Yeah, it's all good. I'd love to try to copy your review style though and

Small notes: Holy damn Jordan and Gable are so incredible! Best Ascension match ever and it isn't close... What do Cesaro and Eva Marie have in common? they're both better in the ring than on the mic... Main Event is fun if you can mute the crowd...

You know what? I'm gonna call my fanboy shot here. If the plan is to keep Asuka in NXT forever, then it would be GREAT to see Evil Emma beat the snot out of her. :tough:

Think about it. What better way to rehabilitate her than to have her pull the upset? This match has three months of build, and after Dana gets concussed Testify-style again, the story's gonna go back to "you dead".
Besides, her squashes have been much more impressive (albeit not as fun to watch, different characters) than Asuka's imo. Maybe, just maybe... :please:

Cesaro, yes. Eva Marie? Nooooooo.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
THIS WEEK ON NXT TV:

- The show opened with Michael Cole for a contract signing. I liked it a lot.
Bálor came out first and said he was gonna kick Joe's teeth down his throat. Joe came out next and immediately signed the contract and left without even looking the NXT champ in the eyes. As the champ was about to leave, Joe came back and attacked Finn. They brawled in the ring, but ultimately Joe choked out Finn to the Coquina Clutch.

- The Mechanics vs The Vaudevillains was a decent match. It was nothing to write home about, but still decent given the time constraint.
The Mechanics retained via Shatter Machine. Post-match, as they were celebrating, Enzo and Cass returned and attacked 'em.

- Promo time with Eva Marie... Press mute.

- A vignette featuring Elias Sampson is aired. It was in black and white, he played guitar and sang. Nice stuff!

- Asuka came out for her match against Dana Brooke, but it never happened, as Emma ambushed her and applied the Emma Lock. This is all building up to their match at TO: London and I'm looking forward to it.

- Bayley got interviewed about tonight's ME. She said that the one difference 'tween her and Eva is that she's a wrestler and Eva isn't! Damn straight!

- A video package promoting THE RETURN OF SAMI ZAYN is aired! Hellz yeah! There was no date, though. But still, cool to know he's coming back.

- Apollo Crews vs Jesse Sorenson was a fine squash. I loved Apollo's Spinning Sit-out Powerbomb finisher.
Post-match, Apollo cut a promo on Corbin, saying he accepts the challenge for TO: London and says he will lay The Lone Wolf down.

- Sadd Bikerwolf cut a decent promo on Apollo Crews.

- Bayley vs Eva Marie was a farce, but it was supposed to be just that, I guess. Even though I wasn't a fan of the booking here, as they played the "corporate has her back" angle to (in a way) hide how truly awful Eva is and I hated all those shenanigans, but it did an okay job, I guess.
And hey, at least Bayley retained!
Aaand... Please, Eva, take the offer from Brazzers! At least you would be enjoyable to watch there. :smug:

• Haha
Reactions: C.M. Shaddix

Snowman1

Reaction score
Bayley vs Eva was AWESOME. Absolutely loved that!

It's ironic that after I went on those paragraphs of logical vent-ranting in the Rate Raw thread, we get a match like this. Survivor Series had an open door for a ton of interesting possibilities and they picked the worst one. This had the door open for disaster and Ryan Ward just said "nah bruh, I'm good" and drove off.

Yeah, if you're going to use Eva Marie (and with that kind of heat she gets, despite it taking so much effort to get anything good out of her it's all worth it) you've gotta book around her. Make her the Corporate Reigns we wanted but never got. Think of any way you can to get this over... and still don't let her win. :lol1:

I cannot BELIEVE the job they're doing with Bayley. Somehow, even with the title at the top of the mountain, NXT Creative knows EXACTLY what to do with this woman. They keep finding ways to make sure we're behind her, whether she's being the dorky nemesis to the chick we always loved to hate in high school, or now when she's playing Daniel Bryan damn well as well as the original and legitimately overcoming the odds and the system and even... someone who isn't even a wrestler, right? And Eva's upside is pretty much that terrible version of Randy Orton who's facing Big Show in the middle of hour 2 of Raw, so it fits perfectly!

But who gained the most was clearly Triple H and his little e-fed he's running down here. NXT has so much credibility right now that they promoted EVA FUCKING MARIE GETTING A TITLE SHOT a week in advance during the worst week in WWE in quite some time, and people had this look of dread but still tuned in, and were rewarded for doing so. The timing was perfect, too, because NXT delivering an in-touch show now after Raw and Survivor Series pissed us off was key timing. Hunter 2:16 said GTFO Vince. NXT put enough effort into it to make this a lot of fun, making this was a TNA main event that, as long as it's not overused, is nice to have every now and then. I'm looking forward to the next one. Also looking forward to next week's show, and have no doubts that Bayley vs Nia Jax will be infinitely better than Charlotte vs Sasha at TLC or Mania or whenever, because that's how you've taught me to think. And if you've created a world when I'm not looking forward to a Sasha Banks match, Vince, you're literally the devil.

Anyway as for the rest of the show, there was so much breaking of the mold here. The Mechanics vs the Vaudeheroes was a blast for me, seeing all the counters to the tag moves was quite badass and something different. Yay. :) A unique contract signing kicked ass with Joe just signing the damn thing and leaving before the sneak attack. Marked. Asuka shrugging off Emma's attack from behind was awesome, too. Also LOL at that getting a video package, haha

Snowman1

Reaction score
12294637_959262797461611_2116858751747552155_n.jpg

:)

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I'm diggin' this a lot. Elias has dropped quite a few good hints in this song here.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
It was a good episode this week.

We had four fine squash matches (Corbin vs Tye, Nia vs Blue Pants, Storm vs Rose and Emma vs Liv) and we had two short, but fun matches between The World's Greatest Tag Team/The Vaudevillains and Joe/Ciampa.

And last, but not least... This!

Looking forward to NXT TakeOver: London.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker