NXT - Weekly TV Show Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Someone made an interesting point about how Elias Samson dropped hints about "gravity" for Neville, "redemption" for Zayn", "the man" for Rollins, "the ending" for Big E, "ko" for Owens, and "the demon" for Balor in his first song, but... Come on, aren't you forgetting somebody, dude? The longest reigning NXT champion in history??? :why:

:bodallas:

You don't BO-lieve enough to beat Balor, dude.
Anyway, I don't know why, but I just get this really weird TNA vibe from those guitar promos. Not a bad thing at all! Love it, actually! It's just... weird, man.

Anywho, whenever you're - or maybe it's just me, idk - extremely pissed off and having a rough day, watching Baron Corbin kill dudes is 20x more fun. Then you start feeling better by the end when you watch Samoa Joe kill dudes. :eek:tunga: Love you NXT! And... lets just forget about that Blue Pants thing... :urm:

Post-edit: SCREW YOU FOR CHANGING HER THEME! :why: HOW DARE YOU!!!!

Quick notes: I LOVED hearing Rich Brennan accidentally say "Divas' championship" and IMMEDIATELY panic and correct himself like he was ashamed of his mistake... Nice to know the Cowboy still exists, but this just isn't working so far. Give it time, Samoa Joe wasn't working at first either. Give him a direction and let him shout stuff again and we'll be back in. :) Thanks for giving us a Last Call Superkick, too! Silent Nia is the best Nia. Ciampa's promo was fantastic, I love NXT's promo style where you actually want to listen to what people are saying... Speaking of doing things better than Raw, hello Dash and Dawson being fearless badass heel champs we want to watch beat... Like Enzo and Cass if you want, but it's painful to see them getting a shot especially when the rematch was announced right after Jordan and Gable tore the damn house down AGAIN. Hate being "that guy" who bitches about feuds that make sense because "my favorites need to be pushed NOW, dammit!" but this is like bringing in the Young Bucks for 5 weeks to kill it on Raw before announcing the Usos are getting a title shot. Also, chivalry is dead! Dammit! :why:

Hey, hey Asuka... you may have destroyed 50 punching bags in that dark room but Emma just destroyed another chick's face in the middle of that ring! BE AFRAID OF THAT ASUKA! #Emma'sGonnaKillYou

Last edited:

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
12294637_959262797461611_2116858751747552155_n.jpg

:)
YASSSSSSSS

@Prince Bálor SO Crews squashed- WHAAAA??? SORENSON!!!???? He recovered fully from his neck injury?!

Snowman1

Reaction score
Mmmhmm, it's THAT Sorenson. Sure he has, and props to commentary for doing a (lame) job of treating like he's a big deal. Just being a guy recovering from a neck surgery can do wonders getting him over in a company that knows what it's doing.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Mmmhmm, it's THAT Sorenson. Sure he has, and props to commentary for doing a (lame) job of treating like he's a big deal. Just being a guy recovering from a neck surgery can do wonders getting him over in a company that knows what it's doing.
It was a tryout I think, give it a bit and Trips can take care of him

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
YASSSSSSSS

@Prince Bálor SO Crews squashed- WHAAAA??? SORENSON!!!???? He recovered fully from his neck injury?!

Yup.

Although, I have to mention I'm not familiar with the dude. All I know is he worked for
proxy.php
and came off as a good jobber here.

I mean this in a good way, as CJ Parker used to be a really good job guy.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Someone made an interesting point about how Elias Samson dropped hints about "gravity" for Neville, "redemption" for Zayn", "the man" for Rollins, "the ending" for Big E, "ko" for Owens, and "the demon" for Balor in his first song, but... Come on, aren't you forgetting somebody, dude? The longest reigning NXT champion in history??? :why:

:bodallas:

You don't BO-lieve enough to beat Balor, dude.

Look what I've found! Pretty cool.

tumblr_nysy1h3IGR1snmvb8o1_250.gif

tumblr_nysy1h3IGR1snmvb8o2_400.gif

tumblr_nysy1h3IGR1snmvb8o3_400.gif

tumblr_nysy1h3IGR1snmvb8o4_400.gif

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The go-home show for next week's TakeOver was good.

One of the things I liked the most were Enzo and Cass' serious mode, Asuka knocking the F out of Deonna and The Drifter's video package.

Other matches and especially the ME were done very well, too.

Looking forward to TO: London next week! :yay:

Snowman1

Reaction score
Effective go-home show this week!

It's one of those times where I just look at NXT and wonder why this works so well. This feels like more than a wrestling match. Next Wednesday for only nine ninety nine, we could witness a live execution on TV. I'm fearing for Finn Balor's life right now. Samoa Joe may go full Mortal Kombat on him, ripping his limbs off and beating Balor with them.

Meanwhile on the go-home SD, the heel Roman continued to look like a strong dominant force, but zero people care about TLC match. Outside of "Joe >>>>>>>>>> Roman", what really changed? Granted, I didn't see that match, but...

Especially with less overexposure, Dana Brooke is still the best character in all of wrestling. :lol1: I freaking love her. The backstage segment was goofy as hell but an inside Reddit joke I'm on the outside of, but... Troll Dana is the embodiment of everything that sucks about female wrestling. She's the Total Diva in the Women's division. The bodybuilder who's there because of her looks who thinks she can just show up and beat Charlotte. So what would a Diva do in this situation? Why, a distraction rollup, of course!

yeah that failed in SUCH spectacular fashion. :lol: THAT WAS GLORIOUS! Watching that distraction rollup into a KO kick may have scared Dana's crew into sanity, haha.

Yeah my favorite thing right now is how the Women's Division is even kayfabe better than the Divas. "This ain't NXT", says Charlotte on Raw as she's winning with a distraction rollup during the most pointless heel turn ever during what is reaching an Aces and Eights level of horrible storyline with the women. Damn right it's not. Shoot I'll even argue Emma's a bigger star right now than the entire Raw crew, and that sucks!

The Most Serious Guys in the Room are amazing. I love angry Enzo promos when he can't help himself but throw a catchphrase in there, lol. Also I want to see Corey Hollis and John Skylar become Team Chameleon, after getting their asses beat by the Mechanics, they come out dressed in leather and powerwalking down the ramp. Now that the Certified G's showed them what's up, they should totally come out in matching Enzo outfits... Alexa Bliss dressed as Freddy Kruger was... :gusta:... "They're two guys who totally do number 2 in the club!" "Whaaaa?" "Bro, you know, they're totally those guys" Hahahahaha! The Hype Bros are NXT's Ryback, the more these bro-douches become brainless neanderthals, the more wonderful they are... For someone who hates WWE tag matches as much as I do, I can't remember the last one I actively hated, this one included... Peyton Royce was the worst opponent for Bayley and the first time I found myself rooting against the glorious champ, but still, Peyton looks like one hell of an investment if they can fix her entrance/music because she can GO, looking strong enough for Bayley to get a strong W... Nia Jax interrupted a Eva Marie promo. I love you... #Emma'sStillGonnaKillYouThough .... #AtLeastIHope... #:urm:

Snowman1

Reaction score
I will be very content to see Matanza revealed as Asuka in a different mask. :)

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Good show this week!

The Fatal Four-Way was a good show opener. The World's Greatest Tag Team got the win, as expected (and I love 'em!) and I also have to mention I giggled when the crowd started shitting all over The Hype Bros. Although I felt a little bad for Ryder.

Elias Samson vs Bull Dempsey was meh. There ain't much to talk about here. Samson hit like two moves and looked generic.
All in all (so far), Samson's vignettes >>> Samson's (re)debut.

Sami Zayn vs Tye Dillinger was a pretty solid ME. Man, I'm so happy he's back! Sami looked good and played the role of a sympathetic babyface well, as always. The post-match promo was your typcal (in a good way, of course) Zayn and I liked it.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Wow. Sami Zayn is still the best babyface in wrestling, and it's not even close. When he was selling the arm during the middle of the match, I thought.. Just for a moment... That Dillenger had a chance. Good stuff if you can work an upset like THAT. Love the way the match was structured, with Sami going for his signature spots peppered throughout the match instead of all in a row... It was fun seeing the bouncy arm-drag before the dive takeout to remind us of the fun we had watching this guy, then the outside spots later and... Clap clap clapclapclap.

Outside of that and the other obvious thing though, what I got out of this show is that if they get called down to the main roster, Ty and Bull Dempsey are AWESOME cannon fodder... As for the other thing though, man... Jordan and Gable vs 6 NPC's was so much fun and love how they didn't even pretend like it was more than that. People love Gable so much and rightfully so, but now that Roman is a singles guy, hot damn does Jason Jordan have the BEST hot tag in wrestling. This dude running around at 100 mph throwing those belly to bellies is so much fun to watch. Also the innovative spin on the dogpile spot was a blast.

Also important: That video package where the weirdo from Rocky Horror Picture Show was singing that lame indie-rock song contained a clip of Bull Dempsey doing a perfectly half-assed cartwheel. I love this show.

Reactions: Rogue