NXT - Weekly TV Show Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Solid show this week. We haven't had an awesome show in a while, but this one was solid overall. It just comes off like they're stretching things out till TakeOver: Dallas. But, oh well.

Gargano vs Corbin was rock solid given the time constraint, I liked it a lot. The Hype Bros vs Hollis & Skyler was okay and Bayley vs Carmella was a good ME.

Oh, and we got this! Hype! :yay:
tumblr_o2e6i1WzwL1sbzhteo1_400.gif

The other two matches (Alexa vs Cameron and Samson vs Sorensen) sucked.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm asking this... feel like a moron doing so... but is Bayley WWE's best wrestler? Seriously.

There are a metric assload of people who you can trust on this roster to put on quality matches. Yeah, Rollins and Cesaro and the crew are spectacular, awe-inspiring talents, much more so than little miss Bayley down here... but I seriously wonder if Bayley is capable of having a bad match.

Apples to oranges, more layoffs, less burnout, Death Ray, fighting for something you believe in instead of taking the check, but still. Carmella's matches have all ranged from -3 to 1 star including her bumblefucking around with Emma last week, and she goes and wrestles Bayley and she looks like a million bucks. Nia Jax looked big. Eva Marie couldn't ruin a match full of smoke and mirrors. Alexa had a good match... My goodness, this bordering-on-untalented women's roster is looking so much better than it has any right to... AND NOW SHE FACES ASUKA AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This is going to kick so many asses! I can't wait for this match and it's going to be like the 4th best match on Takeover: Dallas. WRESTLEMANIA FOLLOW THIS! Bwahahahahahahaha I cannot WAIT to see Strowman and Taker fall over like a pile of Legos to a roaring crowd of NXT chants. Mania is going to be a disaster unlike any other and it's must-see television because of it!

Speaking of must-see television... the... Hype Bros? Every time I type about these dudes it's the same song and dance of "I like these guys much more than I should"... but it's growing into a full-blown acceptance. These guys are cool! Add Zack Ryder to the list of careers that (should be) revitalized by NXT. They're the relationship counselors of pro wrestling.

"Ready, Willing and smacktalker skywalker..."

Baron Corbin is still green, but is REALLY showing more and more ability to be HUGE someday. Don't know how long it'll take but it's definitely likely that he'll be the next big guy the WWE needs.

Alexa vs Cameron was one of those old-school women's matches that have to be seen to be believed. This was AMAZINGLY bad. Think Cameron went for a sliding split and not only did it miss, but I can't imagine any possible way that move would hit. So, you're running at your opponent and just do a split, and try to carry that momentum forward into a kick to the gut? What in the hell??? Either that, or she's trying to incorporate the "Pinning her opponent upside down!" move into her arsenal, so she's wanting to do a lethal vagina attack while ALSO wanting to remind us all that she has the IQ of three bean salad or... WHAT ARE YOU DOING CAMERON!

Thinking about this move caused me to miss Elias Samson's match... just kidding. The desire to do literally anything except watching Elias Samson's match caused me to miss Elias Samson's match.

Show was good, the only issues were how they really have to do something to spice up the middle of the show (maybe less Drifter!?) and Samoa Joe's ending promo. Don't get me wrong, that was a good promo, I was just sad that he actually started talking instead of jumping at the cameraman again. That >>>>

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm asking this... feel like a moron doing so... but is Bayley WWE's best wrestler? Seriously.

There are a metric assload of people who you can trust on this roster to put on quality matches. Yeah, Rollins and Cesaro and the crew are spectacular, awe-inspiring talents, much more so than little miss Bayley down here... but I seriously wonder if Bayley is capable of having a bad match.

Apples to oranges, more layoffs, less burnout, Death Ray, fighting for something you believe in instead of taking the check, but still. Carmella's matches have all ranged from -3 to 1 star including her bumblefucking around with Emma last week, and she goes and wrestles Bayley and she looks like a million bucks. Nia Jax looked big. Eva Marie couldn't ruin a match full of smoke and mirrors. Alexa had a good match... My goodness, this bordering-on-untalented women's roster is looking so much better than it has any right to... AND NOW SHE FACES ASUKA AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This is going to kick so many asses! I can't wait for this match and it's going to be like the 4th best match on Takeover: Dallas. WRESTLEMANIA FOLLOW THIS! Bwahahahahahahaha I cannot WAIT to see Strowman and Taker fall over like a pile of Legos to a roaring crowd of NXT chants. Mania is going to be a disaster unlike any other and it's must-see television because of it!

Speaking of must-see television... the... Hype Bros? Every time I type about these dudes it's the same song and dance of "I like these guys much more than I should"... but it's growing into a full-blown acceptance. These guys are cool! Add Zack Ryder to the list of careers that (should be) revitalized by NXT. They're the relationship counselors of pro wrestling.

"Ready, Willing and smacktalker skywalker..."

Baron Corbin is still green, but is REALLY showing more and more ability to be HUGE someday. Don't know how long it'll take but it's definitely likely that he'll be the next big guy the WWE needs.

Alexa vs Cameron was one of those old-school women's matches that have to be seen to be believed. This was AMAZINGLY bad. Think Cameron went for a sliding split and not only did it miss, but I can't imagine any possible way that move would hit. So, you're running at your opponent and just do a split, and try to carry that momentum forward into a kick to the gut? What in the hell??? Either that, or she's trying to incorporate the "Pinning her opponent upside down!" move into her arsenal, so she's wanting to do a lethal vagina attack while ALSO wanting to remind us all that she has the IQ of three bean salad or... WHAT ARE YOU DOING CAMERON!

Thinking about this move caused me to miss Elias Samson's match... just kidding. The desire to do literally anything except watching Elias Samson's match caused me to miss Elias Samson's match.

Show was good, the only issues were how they really have to do something to spice up the middle of the show (maybe less Drifter!?) and Samoa Joe's ending promo. Don't get me wrong, that was a good promo, I was just sad that he actually started talking instead of jumping at the cameraman again. That >>>>

Out of all the interesting heel/heel matches one could do, they do Cameron/Alexa lol
Yeah, I don't even know why, but every week I'm in love with this show. Not just the greatness like that last Asuka segment, but even the bad stuff in the middle doesn't bother me... I guess that's what happens when a show never disappoints you for years, you let some stuff slide

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
All that you need to know about this week:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's episode was so good and enjoyable!

American Alpha & Realest Guys In The Room vs The Mechanics & BAMF was a good show opener. I enjoyed the hell out of it.
This was amazing:
tumblr_o2q3gndb6W1sj4xr4o1_500.gif

Asuka's squahes are always enjoyable to watch. I fucking love that woman! 3 Spinning Backfists + 1 Spin Kick = YOU DEAD, BITCH.

Tye Dillinger vs Alex Riley was okay. Perfect 10 getting the win brought a smile to my face, it was such a pleasant surprise! I'd love it if it meant he'll become more than an enhancement talent from now on, but we'll see how that plays out. Also, I was expecting for A-Ry to attack him post-match and become full-fledged heel, but nah-ah, no such thing would happen. I guess this was just a harmless filler.

Sami Zayn vs Samoa Joe was a very good ME, and for a first time ever match-up, it definitely delivered! Sami is the best pure babyface in WWE.
And even though they're stretching this out till the big 2-out-of-3 falls match on March 9th, I actually liked the conclusion to this match. The double pin thing was done well and didn't really feel like it's been done to death. I am really hyped for their next encounter, it shall be fantastic!

Also... Biff debuts next week! :yay: #Stiff4Biff

Jeremy

The Showoff
Reaction score
I thought the episode was pretty average. Opener and main event were good but Dillinger vs Riley and an Asuka squash don't really do anything for me.

MyFreshShoes

The Artiste
Reaction score
The episode this week is okay for me. I expected a lot from the main event and it turns out I'm a little underwhelmed. The finish is a good twist though.

I wonder what's the deal with the Riley rage thing. Is this a Riley push or something?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The episode this week is okay for me. I expected a lot from the main event and it turns out I'm a little underwhelmed. The finish is a good twist though.

I wonder what's the deal with the Riley rage thing. Is this a Riley push or something?

I thought the main event was pretty fun for a first time ever match-up. I liked the double pin conclusion to the match, as well... It'll set up a big #1 contender's match 'tween Joe and Zayn that'll air on March 9th.

I doubt anything comes out of this RAGE RILEY RAGE thing, seeing as how he won't be appearing till TakeOver: Dallas.

All of NXT TV episodes have been taped already (I don't know if you keep up with 'em or not), but yeah, Riley won't be appearing on any of them going forward.

Snowman1

Reaction score
"Riley sucks and nobody cares about him" is the best gimmick.

With the ME, we knew Joe vs Zayn would be awesome, but I totally didn't realize the best dude at stopping momentum and crushing your hopes and dreams was facing the best guy - by far - at fighting back from underneath. These two tell such a good story together, and I can't wait for the next match. It'll be even better!

Thing is, in kayfabe I'd totally vote Samoa Joe the #1 contender. Your fault for screwing up the pin Sami

That eight man tag ruled!!!! American Alpha is great and all but so conflicting. Can WWE let these guys work 1 Evolve show to get away from the tag formula?! I totally want to see more from Gable, maybe even a singles match or two, because he was doing crazy shit like that thing with Dawson and it was AWESOME but he just had to sell the rest of the match to Four Dudes.... But that's fine because Jason Jordan is the BEST DUDE EVER AT HOT TAGS!!!! Move over Roman Reigns, and this double hot tag was such a blast! This episode was worth it for that alone.

PLEASE KEEP DEONNA AROUND!!! Bwahahaha! "Ya know, Rich, being knocked out was a learning experience." She can be the new Blue Pants... Except not in blue. Or pants.

MyFreshShoes

The Artiste
Reaction score
I thought the main event was pretty fun for a first time ever match-up. I liked the double pin conclusion to the match, as well... It'll set up a big #1 contender's match 'tween Joe and Zayn that'll air on March 9th.

I doubt anything comes out of this RAGE RILEY RAGE thing, seeing as how he won't be appearing till TakeOver: Dallas.

All of NXT TV episodes have been taped already (I don't know if you keep up with 'em or not), but yeah, Riley won't be appearing on any of them going forward.

Oh, I see. I don't follow the taping results so I don't know that. That's good to know though because I don't think a lot of people would like to see a Riley vs Dillinger feud.

BTW, I'm excited for the women's tag match next week. That should be great.

Last edited:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Sooo, Dash & Dawson are now called The Revival. That's okay, I guess.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Decent episode this week. American Alpha vs Blake & Murhy was MOTN.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Man, that crowd was deaaaaad. If they can't give any reaction to American Alpha or Eva Marie...

Regal is the best GM, and that's really all there is to say... Outside of another really good Joe promo.