NXT Takeover XXV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Cole can stretch a bitch, too... BAY BAY!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
BRO I'M FUCKIN LIT RN

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Nah Drake ain't having this shit

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
COLE WITH THE FAKE OUT CALLING THE UE BRO :mark:

Reactions: Cwalker

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Bruh Gargano just died so Cole couldn't hit the Last Shot :lmao

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
That match was lit.

ADAM COLE BAY BAY!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
THAT ENDING BRO HOLY SHIT WHAT A FUCKING MATCH :mark: ADAM COLE MY BOY FINALLY GOT THE GOLD :mark:

• Love
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I was so worried there that once again the villain's own hubris was gonna lead to their downfall. He had Gargano and toyed with him.

I was so ready to walk away from the computer after he nailed that Panama Sunrise and Last shot. That would've been the last straw.

Adam Cole is your new NXT Champion BAY BAY! :banderas:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think I finished 3 cups of wine during that match alone holy shit what a fuckin' PPV

• Love

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
ADAM COLE BAYBAY! YES!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Bruh I fuckin' love NXT

• Love

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I have to say that was better than the Iron Man and probably one of Gargano's best matches.

This TakeOver in general was probably a notch or two better than last month's. I'd say top 10 probably.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I have to say that was better than the Iron Man and probably one of Gargano's best matches.

This TakeOver in general was probably a notch or two better than last month's. I'd say top 10 probably.

It didn't really look that good on paper but holy shit did it deliver

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Great main event but I'm tight that Adam Cole won. Johnny Gargano deserves a longer run considering how much he's given NXT. They better call him up now.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Well it sucks I wasn't able to live discuss NXT Takeover with you guys last night, but hey the Weather is nice today, and Sunday was the perfect day to enjoy this Show. Let me give my thoughts if I can.

Matt Riddle vs. Roderick Strong. One of the best openers NXT Takeover has given to us to be honest. Riddle has always had great Matches with Technical Wizards in the Ring like Gulak recently as well, so it was no shock to see another wonderful battle with Strong. Strong’s work of the back and ribs was a good play following his parking lot attack on Riddle leading into this match, and the homestretch was spectacular. Strong is greatly under appreciated, and it was great to see him get that shine in a Takeover singles match.

Ladder Match for the NXT Tag Titles. No better Tag Team to give the Titles to then the Street Profits. You can't teach charisma, no hard how you try to, you have it or you don't and this team has it. They are also improving as a team itself so safe to say it's in good hands with the Street Profits who I wished won it over War Raiders if I'm being honest here. As for the Ladder Match itself brutal when it needed to be and I feel all the teams looked good throughout. O'Reily man did he take alot of punishment in that one, between the fall he took on the Ladder, or being dropped on by his partner, while also getting nearly killed off by near misses from the Ladder, yeah I was afraid for him of all the guy no doubt.

Dream vs Breeze. Dream called Breeze "The Great Value" of himself and for anyone who knows how it feels to be broke or homeless, Great Value is life. No not Cocoa Puffs...Chocolate Puffs. As the Match kept going I didn't see any great value version of Breeze, he felt at home in there. Breeze kept bringing the fight to the Champion, and it took some tricks for Dream to retain the Title. I didn't like the selfie after the Match at all, Breeze should of smashed his Cell Phone over the head of Dream.

Damian Priest is a lovely name by the way. The guy has been has been working NXT events since last November so I look forward to this guy and seeing what he's all about.

Shayna Baszler vs. Io Shirai. Going into my Predictions I thought for sure Io has this in the bag and colored me shocked that Shayna two Events in a row had me fooled. Listen let's get to the Match which was good, not better than their Stardom encounter, but still good. Shayna whether or not I like her Character and trust me her Character is nerfed badly to the point where she's a Lobster like Kamen Rider Villain from the 70's to me, but she hasn't failed in the Ring at least for me. I would say WWE has put this NXT Women's Title in a bad situation right now because who is gonna stop her? Maybe the mugging of Io after the Match makes Shayna lose it and give her another Title shot, but I doubt it right now. You can't give to Candice, it would be slapping the faces of talent like Mia Yim, Belair who have done more and have been having a good feud themselves during NXT weekly shows to give to Candice with no momentum at all. I don't think Candice would want to win it like that, rather in the right way I imagine.

Maybe at the next NXT Takeover I guess the night before Summerslam we can have Yim vs Belair vs Shirai vs Baszler for the Title and reset everything because God knows it needs it.

August 31st, NXT UK Takeover: Cardiff so I guess Dunne vs Walter 2, Toni Storm vs two or three ladies for the NXT UK Title, and Gibson and Drake defending their Tag Titles vs a few teams. For a guy who makes it every week to watch all of WWE's Show happy to see this news, as I think about what does the new number contender do for this Show hmm. AEW same spot that day right should be interesting what they gives us to pull us away from WWE that night.

Gargano vs Cole. Okay let's get to my thoughts on what I think about this feud. Cole should of won the Title before this Match and had Gargano a little bit more, because Gargano little engine that could Character was already on it's last legs in my opinion. It was rushed to the Stars of course via the injury of Ciampa, and I never like to see Title changes happen just to have that omg moment. I'm big on momentum when it comes to such things, and when a Company makes a talent wait too long to win the big one I hate that for sure. I thought the same thing for Roman when he defeated Brock, and Jesus WWE keeps teasing a Strowman Title win, as if I care about it anymore at this point because of the lack of momentum to it. Congrats to Cole winning the Title, but it feels like here's your moment kid now you can keep quiet. Is it crazy to think we get Cole vs Gargano 3 at the next Takeover and we see another Title change?

Asking that question because clearly if WWE doesn't care about Gargano having a long reign, should I expect a long one for Cole? I know it's Triple H's Golden Child, but it seems WWE treats their talent at times like Brand new Pair of Sneakers when they feel like they are old, they put them in the Closet. I hope we get a long reign from Cole, kinda indifferent to him as I like the three other guys around him with a passion, but were do a great heel run like Ciampa gave us I feel till November or even Wrestlemania time again and then a Title drop to Riddle is my guess he can come up with his buddies? Still a great Show to watch, with Riddle vs Strong being maybe my favorite Match of the Show if not the Main Event, but I was happy watching this for sure.

Reactions: Chris