NXT from Full Sail University DISCUSSION

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Exciting rumors with JR saying that a deal to bring NXT back to tv in the US is "in the works" hopefully this will mean more people can see the good things they are doing on NXT. I am a big fan of tournaments as well, so far it has been a good way to establish the roster in NXT. Unfortunate turn of events with Oliver Grey getting injured on the 17th so he wasn't available for the last set of tapings, hopefully he's healed up in a month when the next tapings take place.
If a NXT US tv deal is in the works then I could see the title staying on Big E until something gets figured out with that.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I believe that the only reason NXT and Superstars was held off from being shown in the US for the past year or two was all due to the WWE Network. They were going to become Network exclusive shows but with no word on what is going on with the network they may as well try to monetise those shows and get them on a channel in the US.

Reaction score
I believe that the only reason NXT and Superstars was held off from being shown in the US for the past year or two was all due to the WWE Network. They were going to become Network exclusive shows but with no word on what is going on with the network they may as well try to monetise those shows and get them on a channel in the US.

I have also read it is because they have contracts with companies outside the US to still produce content for channels abroad so that is another reason they kept NXT and Superstars around. I just miss when WWE at least had NXT on their YouTube channel.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I have also read it is because they have contracts with companies outside the US to still produce content for channels abroad so that is another reason they kept NXT and Superstars around. I just miss when WWE at least had NXT on their YouTube channel.

Yeah that is why they had to keep producing those two shows as the international deals hadn't expired yet. They still shouldn't have held off trying to bring it back to tv in the US for so long. It is weird that they don't at least show it on Youtube, would get them quite a few views each week and at least fans would be able to keep up to date with it.

Reaction score
Yeah that is why they had to keep producing those two shows as the international deals hadn't expired yet. They still shouldn't have held off trying to bring it back to tv in the US for so long. It is weird that they don't at least show it on Youtube, would get them quite a few views each week and at least fans would be able to keep up to date with it.

I was watching NXT before it went to Full Sail every week, I think especially now NXT would be something great the only fear I have is that if they bring NXT to tv they will try to make it more like their current tv product which happens to be awful. Whoever is producing and writing NXT should be left to do what they do because it's working, the only thing that seems to be effecting them now is having their Champions missing tapings on tour with the main roster and now unfortunately the injury to Oliver Grey means he missed the entire recent set of tapings so that's 4 weeks of shows with no NXT Champion and no Tag champions, hopefully that will all smooth out eventually and NXT can keep champions around when they get on tv in the US.

Franco

Reaction score
It was an ok show this week, nothing out of the usual.
Leo Kruger, Corey Graves and Connor O'Brian had a great showing. The girls match was ok, minus Aksana. The only thing I don't get is the spotlight on Bo Rotundo. I'm not sure what they see in him but he isn't even in the top 15 of all guys on NXT. Every time they let him speak he comes of as a flamer, his look is meh and in ring he's the same FCW clone #75. Cringeworthy.

Reaction score
definitely agree on all points [MENTION=10835]Franco[/MENTION]
Leo Kruger continues to definitely be one of my favorites to watch on NXT.
Bo Dallas is in desperate need of acting lessons, that would probably really help him and while he's doing that, definitely a manager. I'm wondering if he's going to end up joining the Wyatt Family after all. His in ring stuff is definitely serviceable and it would be cool to see that run its course having them feud down the line.
I can't wait to see what goes down at the next tapings on 3/23

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Just fast forwarded through like the past month of NXT so that i'm upto date and i've gotta say i'm loving the shit out of Xavier Woods. His old school skits in the back with his CD Player and 'It's Cheaper to Beeper' are awesome and his titantron thingy is hilarious. He's charismatic as fuck and could totally see him working on SmackDown.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Steph in 5 minutes today put the NXT women's title on a level of significance the divas ooe on the main roster has lacked, with her speech lol

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
BLmgGFjCcAAUd4Z.jpg:large

I like the design, looks more prestigious than the Divas title. Looks like an actual belt that people would fight over rather than an accessory. Good to see them bring this title in though, I am sure that they will actually be able to create some decent storylines for the divas in developmental.

Looking at the NXT roster before and there are so many more new faces on the roster. Have they added a whole heap of new talent recently or is it just that the website took some time to update? Baron Corbin, Dante Dash, Enzo Amore, Malik Omari, Sawyer Fulton, Sylvester Lefort and a few others look new, some interesting looking characters there. To those that watch NXT weekly, have many of the guy that I listed been on the program lately?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Baron Corbin, Dante Dash & Sylvester Lefort have been on the NXT Roster for a while; all three were injured or still are. The rest are new guys.

Enzo Amore bores the crap out of me though.

Reactions: 1 person

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Interesting that they've called it the WOMENS NXT Champion and not Divas.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Stephanie emphasized the word womens a couple of times, then again its not a shocker since she and the golden era of divas all wore a womens, not a divas title

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It is a subtle but nice change. Hopefully the NXT womens division is successful and WWE decide to revamp the main roster womens division as well. Surely it can't be any worse than the Divas division is right now.