NXT from Full Sail University DISCUSSION

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Paige had a great video package hyping her this week.

I wonder if Total Divas will show part of NXT with the whole 2 rookies thing. Maybe they do some filming there too and get some of the NXT girls over if they're showing matches. Follow the 2 rooks in the mine leagues he the 5 main roster girls in the majors

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Watched most of this week's episode today. Paige vs. Alicia Fox was pretty good, Paige actually gets a really good reaction from the crowd and as always looked like she belonged in the ring.

The Ascension have an awesome entrance, the lighting, outfits and music all make for one grand entrance. Quick squash match to make O'Brian look strong, which it did. Good to see Xaviers Woods pick up another win, been in developmental a long time and I hope that he eventually gets a run on the main roster. Mason Ryan squashed some guys in nothing matches. Mainevent was good, Bo Dallas just needs some personality. His brother managed to turn it around so hopefully so can he. Nice to see Sami Zayn with the run-in at the end.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Only caught the end of the episode this week. Saw Paige vs. Summer Rae, not sure why Emma didn't get the title shot after winning the dance off but after what happened post match surely it is only a matter of time before she gets a title shot. Paige solid as always and Summer still needs work but then again her wrestling ability isn't her main asset.

Fun promo with Renee Young interviewing AJ where AJ says that she is willing to defend her title against anymore even the cameraman or boom guy. Then Bayley showed up with her odd stalking, childlike mind character. Very creepy but funny at the same time. No idea what she is like in the ring.

Mainevent was good with The Shield vs. Adrian Neville/Corey Graves/Xavier Woods. Still don't know why Woods isn't on the main roster, that guy is money. I am shocked every time I see Neville because of how much he has bulked up from when he was Pac back in the UK years ago.

Next week is the Antonio Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn 2 out of 3 falls match that everyone that was at the taping raved about.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The episode with the Sami Zayn vs. Antonio Cesaro 2 out of 3 falls match was on tonight and it lived up to the hype. Awesome match especially that final fall, these two really went all out and used some really cool spots within the match. Even the start was quality with Zayn doing a suicide dive over the top before the match had begun to knock Cesaro down. I like how even though he slightly overshot it he turned it into a reverse bulldog and it looked perfect. Nice way to start with the rollup as well just to get things going. The run into the finish was fantastic, I don't even know what to call it but the constant reversal near the end after Zayn went off the ropes onto Cesaro's shoulders was flawless. Then Zayn mixed it up with the dive on the outside through the ropes to the other side of the ring, ridiculous. Initially I thought he was trying for the Mysterio spot of grabbing on to the ring post and swinging around so I didn't expect it at all. Cesaro is so damn strong as shown by the finish and Zayn is agile as anything. These two have so much chemistry.

Rest of the show wasn't too bad either. Never seen the guy that took on Ziggler with the caveman gimmick, given more offence than I thought he would. Anyone know what his name was, Rusov or something? AJ vs. Bayley was humorous, the Bayley gimmick is odd but it worked well in this two episode arc. Tyler Breeze and his Zoolander impression is good from what I have seen so far, CJ Parker with his hippy gimmick is a bit strange. Seems to be a thing in NXT at the moment with a lot of gimmicks. The Ascension have one of the best entrances around and I want to see them on the main roster eventually just to see that entrance in 10k seat arenas.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE NXT 08/22/2013 - 2 out of 3 Falls Match: Sami Zayn vs. Antonio Cesaro

This fuckin’ match right here, JESUS! Sami getting is oily tan on :lmao but yeah. I can’t even act like I’m shocked that this is that good. Seeing how I’ve seen these two tear it up all over the Indies. What I loved most about this is both men brought the psychology, story-telling, drama and didn’t try to overdo it with the short time it was given. Oh and that third fall. SEX! So the match start right off the bat when Cesaro it making his entrance and Sami wastes no time diving over the top with a splash and punches before throwing him in. YAKOZA KICK AND ROLL-UP PIN! 20 seconds in OH SHIT! Sami is up 1-0. Sami is in control in the early part throwing Cesaro into the steps and head first into the apron as Cesaro tries to fight back but it looks like Sami has him scouted until Cesaro throws him overhead and onto the ring post, which allows Cesaro to work on the head as we go to commercial :( back and Cesaro has him in a headlock and Sami taps out, SWERVE! NAW! GENUS! We are tied up 1-1. Sami slowly gets up using the ropes but Cesaro comes rushing in and hits a European Uppercut for a close 2 count. A couple minutes later Cesaro would hit the greatest suplex spot in history when he has Sami on the apron and Cesaro is standing on the middle rope and suplexes him over the top and onto the mat. They would next trade close quick falls and counters which gets a “THIS IS AWESOME!” chant. But they do the spot where Sami counters a whip into the ropes from out of the Powerbomb and into a roll-up of his own (I have no idea how to write that or know what it’s called) Cesaro would smartly roll out of the ring and Sami would follow but he would hit the running through the turnbuckle and ropes and hail a DDT OH SHIT! He did look like he caught his foot a bit. Back in and Sami gets a close 2 count, Sami would now roman lock on hand and repeatedly kick the mid-section and try the ring rope run into the DDT but Cesaro would fuckin’ catch him in mid-air lift him up throw him over head and fuckin’ kill him with a UPPERCUT! He’s not done he picks him up and nails the Naturalize for the win. These are clearly two of the most talented wrestlers the WWE has right now and one day they will be tearing it up on Raw/SD for 20 minutes. I can honestly this is one of my "MOTYC" list matter of fact it’s number 4, it’s that good. ****1/4

The fact that this was the third best match of the week is saying something.

Reactions: 1 person

Weez

Reaction score
Since NXT went to the Free Section of Hulu Plus, I've been watching it weekly. I must say I'm genuinely impressed. The show has a logical flow, and they're all based on storylines. I haven't seen more than a couple pointless matches, and most of those are just trying to get new guys over by feeding them a jobber like the new Mojo Rawley.

Bo Dallas is doing a great job in his role as Heel NXT Champion, but I gotta say, I hate the dude like Xpac. Yes, Legit Xpac heat. Goddamn.

Sami Zayn. I was a bit worried when they took off Generico's mask. I didn't expect him to really have that "It" to him in his delivery, but he does. His in-ring work hasn't really been called into question, with the possible exception of some HBK/Hogan level Overselling at times, but it kinda fits his matches.

The Divas division is stronger than the one working the main roster. I'm not a big fan of the "Team Flawless 2.0" with Summer Rae and Sasha Banks, they play good heels to use in the Face/Face feud between Paige and Emma. Damn, Paige is gorgeous, but I gotta go with the Aussie as my favorite. True Story: Emma's theme music is my ringtone right now. Chew on that.

Mason Ryan is a freaking beast. He went from looking like Batistwo to looking like Lex Luger with the long hair he's rocking now. The guy's not nearly as green as he was when he got called up a few years ago waay too early. I think he's just waiting for a big man spot to get called up, tbh.

The Tag division is great. Corey Graves (aka Jeff Hardy but can kinda talk) and Neville just split, but they were solid. New Tag champs The Ascension have the gimmick to get over at the top. Their Tag Finisher is stupid and needs to go. But they each play their part pretty well, and the gimmick would be strong enough to carry them. Syvestore Lafleur's guys (Scott Dawson and .. shit, I forget) actually work pretty well together, but are pretty oddball gimmick wise.

They've been having backstage interviewer Renee Young on commentary a few times this month, and she's been solid. Sexist as it may sound, it IS odd having a woman's voice out there, but her personality and deliver are great.

This week, Tensai was on the 3 man booth. He was fantastic. Damn, just watch the guy.

I'm really damn busy in my life right now, and the only WWE show I ACTUALLY make time for each week is NXT. That's saying something. Give it a look if you haven't in a while.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
NXT is great. I really wouldn't mind if it replaced main event and they used the main event guys on sd of it ever escalated to a 3 hour show. I also just think ion fits them better, small broadcast company, more room for mistakes and self growth while still getting a good cult audience to add to their Hulu following

As for Renee, she was a commentator before wwe and not an interviewer, so she's more natural in settings where she can do color commentary or play by play. She is in her arena so to speak in NXT compared to raw. You can tell she's more natural and not trying to think when she's doing that job as opposed to interviewing people or hosting total divas reunions

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
The show this week was good. I enjoyed the 2/3 falls match, young cats telling a story. I also liked the divas match like every week. I wonder what all Mickie James has worked with them on the past week

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
NXT is great. I really wouldn't mind if it replaced main event and they used the main event guys on sd of it ever escalated to a 3 hour show. I also just think ion fits them better, small broadcast company, more room for mistakes and self growth while still getting a good cult audience to add to their Hulu following

As for Renee, she was a commentator before wwe and not an interviewer, so she's more natural in settings where she can do color commentary or play by play. She is in her arena so to speak in NXT compared to raw. You can tell she's more natural and not trying to think when she's doing that job as opposed to interviewing people or hosting total divas reunions

Renee Paquette as Canadian fans know her, was a sportscaster for The Score. And along with Arda Ocal, and Jimmy Korderas made up the Aftermath team which was basically a roundtable discussion of the nights events in WWE.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I wonder what all Mickie James has worked with them on the past week
There's an interview with her on wwe.com about it, you should check it out.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Cool will read it. I like the fact they have given them all different teachers like Eve, McCool, and Mickie. The divas of NXT are easily the best divas wrestlers working on the roster

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
All they need to do now is sign her and have her working with the NXT rookies as they get called up like this guy said

In response to news of Mickie James appearing as a guest trainer for WWE's female developmental talent at the Performance Center in Orlando, Florida this week, Ohio Valley Wrestling trainer Rip Rogers says the fourteen-year veteran, as well as WWE trainer Sara Del Rey, should be teaching them before live audiences.

"Mickie James can wrestle better than most of the guys- divas b in for a rude awakening," Rogers remarked. "[James and Del Rey] should be on the road wrestling and make the girl wrestle every day in the ring on the road."

Rogers explains that it's not beneficial for inexperienced talent to be working with each other. "The only way to get good is have 1000 matches with vets leading u to get better - green leading green does not work," he said.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I semi agree. I don't like the green looking green thing unless they are talking shit like Eva Marie. Girls like Paige, Emma, Bailey, Summer, and Sasha aren't green at all and have improved working with one another in NXT.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I read her interview now, and I liked it. If they truly are launching a network and an all divas wrestling show, I'd like them to look at her and maybe another vet or two that is known to be like Christian was on ecw

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Whether the terminology was right or wrong, the message behind it was certainly the right one. Learning from Mickie as SDR will never wrestle on the main roster will be far more beneficial than wrestling the mostly trash that's already on the main roster.