NXT from Full Sail University DISCUSSION

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
The main event was pretty damn good. Not much I can say about the other acts they have as it was just squashes and vignettes the rest of the time. Ross and Regal on commentary may sound a little late to put a such a duo together but they were still good and got across the wrestling aspect of the show better than Lawler and Cole ever have.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Regal & JR were awesome, and so was the main event. Rest of the show was just vignettes and squashes to introduce us to some guys, but holy mother of all that's holy watch that main event. That was the best non-PPV match in months, better than anything we saw at No Way Out.

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
Re: NXT 6/20/12

Already a thread on this, merging this with it.

If i wanted my post in here I would have put it here. I put it on its own because i just wanted to talk about the first show on it's own merits, not the entire season.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Ascension had a nice debut. That entrance had me thinking about giving Taker or at least Kane, a ministry

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Ascension had a nice debut. That entrance had me thinking about giving Taker or at least Kane, a ministry

Promo was nice too, I'm just not really a fan of dark gimmicks anymore after they've been so overdone. I did really enjoy that short squash though, finish was cool.

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
I was very happy with the show, but I really don't think Johnny Curtis vs Derek Bateman as the next main event is the way to go. I would have much preferred Percy Watson vs Jinder Mahal, Alex Riley or Yoshi Tatsu.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
So Conor O'Brien went from a rat to some sort of overlord?

I didn't buy the team at all and they seemed like they were forcing the dark side to them. Neither looked like the role really fit them. It's just seems like a random gimmick and pairing.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think Conor can definitely pull off a dark gimmick with his look, but yeah, as of right now, I'm not really much of a fan. But hey, it's a tag team with a distinct gimmick, those are rare nowadays folks.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Agree with everyone else. Ascension promo was decent. Enjoyed the Main Event a whole hell of a lot. Rest of the show was nothing and that Curtis-Bateman promo was brutal.

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
Wonder why WWE are putting zero promotional effort behind this season of NXT??? It's the best thing they've come up with since the draft IMO and it's HHH's baby so I'm shocked it isn't being shoved down our throats on RAW & SD

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Last projects HHH prematurely shoved down our throats cost more than they made with Kong and Cara. He may let this one play out, work out the kinks, and then amp up what they are doing with the network launch as the feature Wednesday show

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I watched this last night and the night started off slow but it ended like a BOSS, the main event is the best TV match since Punk/Henry from the night after WM28. So overall this was a good way to start off the new NXT.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Re: NXT 6/20/12

If i wanted my post in here I would have put it here. I put it on its own because i just wanted to talk about the first show on it's own merits, not the entire season.
Look smartass. You made a brand new thread on a topic we already have a thread going for, what's the point in that? Don't blame me you can't read and follow simple instructions in the first post.

Onto the show I enjoyed it quite alot, although I think it may take a bit of time for them to find a natural groove with everything clicking as it should.

Ross & Regal individually we're good but not so much as a duo, but obviously it's early doors for them yet and they'll no doubt click. What I did love though was that the announcing was kinda throwback and actually focused on the wrestling, not like on RAW or SmackDown where it's all stories and the odd move called here and there.

Bo Dallas I have no real opinion on yet. One second I see something in him, the next I don't.

Cesaro's video package was great as was Rollins and Wyatt's. Really can't wait to see all these guys.

The Ascension was fucking great. The video package before was amazing and entrance was sick as hell too, can only imagine what that would look like on RAW. The only problem I had with them was that once they got in the ring and we're down to normal wrestling gear, they sort of lost some of the mystique about him.

Tyson / McGillicutty was quality stuff, but that's the norm when these two lock up. It's a shame this feud can't be redone on SmackDown because it deserves it.

Aside from the main event, the action wasn't anything to write home about but hopefully that will change maybe a couple months down the line when everyone has been introduced and feuds are start to be put in place.

The whole arena setup was great and this is what NXT should have been like in the first place, a small intimate setting not in the huge arenas.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Also want to mention I'm looking forward to the Bray Wyatt character. Looks like it has a lot of potential for greatness.

That promo was about as good as I've seen a WWE Vignette in a long time, so well made, and Husky was awesome in the promo.