NXT from Full Sail University DISCUSSION

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
- Jim Ross was asked if he's OK with the new WWE NXT not being aired online. His reply: "Absolutely. Big days lie a head."

Interesting.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
They may plan to put it on the network and air the first 7-8 episodes they tape all at once as a introduction to the talent

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
But wasn't the network planned to be somewhere around Novemeberish? No way they keep hold of those 8 weeks of tapings until then.

I can't be bothered looking but I could of swore I read elsewhere that it was supposedly being shown in Canada tonight, so i'll guess we'll find out before too long.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I just read about them making the network like HBO and Showtime yesterday. I assumed it would be brought up when the fall season starts

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Watching WWE NXT on Australian TV right now. It's a new episode from full sail and the opening video package is new with FCW guys on it and some previous NXT stars I believe. Show starts with Regal on commentary than JR comes out and speaks about the show and then he introduces fellow 07 HOF inductee and interim general manager Dusty Rhodes. He announces Kidd v McGillicutty for tonight and tells the crowd to enjoy, etc. JR says let's tak a look at one of the new and upcoming stars with a video package of Bo Rotundo with him speaking and discussing himself. Upcoming next is the debut of Bo Dallas.

Jerry Lawler 1000th RAW memorable moment that was shown on RAW. The SCSA and Vince hospital skit.

Back to NXT with JR and Regal on commentary. And Rick Victor is in the ring then out comes Bo Dallas (Rotundo). Dallas wins in 3-4 minutes with a spear. Riley Pearson (interviewer) comes out and speaks to Bo Dallas on the stage. He said he came out here with a gameplan and executed it. And some other stuff.

We have another video package showing Seth Rollins. JR said he'll be here next week. Coming up next is Sandow in action.

Antonio Cesaro video package. Different style to it compared to the past two. Shows hs abilities such as seductive, the future, etc.On the video it says Cesaro will be on NXT next week.

Sandow comes out and speaks. His usual schtick (cbf typing it all). Calls his opponent unworthy and will not engage himself with this ignoramus this evening and as always he does it for the benefit for all of the fans. I didn't catch his opponents name but there was no match.

Video package showing a tag team. They say they are the gateway of/to the future. They are the ascension and they will rise. Conor O'Brian and someone else.

RAW recap showing the John Laurinaitis segment and then the whole lowdown with the match with Cena.

Tag team match. Kenneth Cameron and Conor o'Brian. Aka The Ascension. Their entrance is a mixture of them walking out and a video of the them acting all weird and acting all in character. Their opponents are Mike Dalton and CJ Parker. The Ascension just dominate and win in about 2 minutes with the downcast. Conor picks up the victory/pinfall.

Video package/promo from Bray Wyatt (Husky Harris) acting in character of course. Saying monsters are real and this other stuff. Coming soon.

A WWE Did You Know thing talking about the WM28 DVD sales and the fact it's been the highest grossing sports DVD as of late and surpassing the Super Bowl sales.

Johnny Curtis and Derrick Bateman backstage segment that goes for a couple minutes.

Kidd v McGillicutty is now. The main event of the night.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
:( Still no way of seeing it in the US it seems. Oh well, should be on YouTube tomorrow if it's on Australian TV.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Updated my post. I've gotta go out now so gonna miss the main event but you know what it is and it's a pretty good match so far.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I only caught a few minutes of it today, saw some of the tag team match, and I was impressed with the whole set up. It had a good earthy look, not too polished, which is good for this show which is a link between developmental and the main roster. Was nice hearing JR work the show as well.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
So presumably then this has aired just nobody has a fucking clue where or when?

If it's in the same spot on Sky Sports as the old NXT was, gonna have to wait like another 9 days I think.

Incorrect, it will air tonight.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So i've just seen now on the Virgin planner. I'll tune in see whether it's the new one or not.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
WWE NXT - 6/20/12
[video=youtube;OA7MW77ii44]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA7MW77ii44[/video]

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Last edited:

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
NXT 6/20/12

Well, the first episode of NXT from Full Sail University is on YouTube and it was great. Not gonna give any spoilers (as such) but I think it's safe to say that this season is gonna be the best one yet!

- First off, NXT now has the best commentary duo in recent memory; Jim Ross and William Regal!

- There's a GM, he's a HoF'er and a great talker but I won't ruin it for u.

- They seem to have chosen a select few superstars who will be elevated from FCW and are putting them in matches with the FCW guys who aren't up to the task yet.

Featured wrestlers:
Bo Dallas (son of IRS, grandson of Blackjack Murdoch and nephew of Barry Windham)
Damien Sandow
The Ascension (the future of tag team wrestling. The over-gimmicked tag team of Kenneth Cameron and Conor O'Brien were...... let's leave it at interesting)

- The main event of McGillicutty and Tyson Kidd delivered as always

- Vignettes and video packages for the likes of Richie Steamboat, Seth Rollins, Antonio Cesaro, Kassius Ohno and Bray Wyatt promise to give us unlimited entertainment over the next few months.

- Bray Wyatt (formerly Husky Harris) has a new DeNiro in Cape Fear thing goin and it Rocks.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Re: NXT 6/20/12

Already a thread on this, merging this with it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Loved the video opening.I'm not sure if anyone else feels the same way but the Rollins promo reminded me of Punks intro promos on ECW