NXT ‣

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deco90

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
What a treat, an NXT & NXT Evolve to review.

I've been looking forward to checking out these shows man and right off the bat - the presentation as always is beautiful and the GFX just make everything pop so nice man!

NXT #468 REVIEW:

- Good opening to the show starting with the 'Megastar' LA Knight - Yeeaaaaahhh! I actually really like Knight giving Cal a new name, and a nick-name to boot. I don't know, 'The Mountain' - Just makes him sound like somebody already. Gives him some importance. The rivalry bubbling along nicely with the Champ-Champ, big Bronson Reed too.

- Nice win for the Way with Gargano & Lumis back on terms again. Hit Row observing the action too.

- Simple segment but effective with 'Big Mami Cool' preparing for her Warriors Way Match. Nice way to just add some anticipation and build up while retracting the story of what Raquel is in this fight with Tian Sha

- Bold from Sterling as he looks to challenge KUSHIDA next week! Don't see him winning but I'm fine with this and maybe it opens up a match slot for KUSHIDA to defend the Title at the PPV should he retain also.

- Big win for Theory overcoming aggressive style of Oney. Honestly, so pumped for this lucky 7 ladder match! Shaping up with great with the entrants and we've got the town hall promo to come too.

- Indi telling the challengers it's going to take more than matching neon hair colors to defeat her and Candice haha!

- I'm liking Nigel as the head honcho of NXT and how he's running the show. Match set for next week and no doubt some hijinx to come from LA Knight to make sure the match doesn't go smoothly as one on one.

- It wasn't looking good for Jiro & Grey, and that came to light with losing to Adonis & Top Dolla. The fall out peaking most of the interest here though with the appearance of Curt Stallion - Interesting!

- Cool segment with Legado seemingly on this rebirth path, returning to their roots in Mexico. Interested to see what this leads too, and where they go from here.

- As expected, KUSHIDA accepting the match and we are on!

- Could we really have a town hall segment without it ending in a brawl? of course not! I did enjoy this though - Man, Joe came across as a savage with his words Haha! Telling O-Reilly to find himself another tag partner to carry him once again was a highlight for me. Good stuff here and it created more excitement for the match to come. Job done.

- I LOVE what you are doing with Bobby Fish Haha! This promo with Grimes was fun.

- Main Event time! That graphic is so nice - One of my favourites that you have done. I've enjoyed how much you have used Tian Sha and what you are doing with the group, because I do feel like it was a missed oppertunity IRL despite what started off pretty good. I like how you set the tone describing how the arena looked, and really capturing that Chinese feel.

Really fun match man! A lot of moving parts with people getting involved but this was expected and needed to be honest. Dakota Kai returning and almost exercising her demons in the form of Mei Ying was a nice touch and ending the show with her and Raquel standing tall in celebration was cool.

Overall; Good show and a super easy read. We are bubbling nicely to High Stakes which I really cannot wait to read. The Lucky 7 match and how you book the Bronson/Knight matches are particularly exciting and interesting to me. Show presentation is always on point and the GFX were beautiful.

.................................................................................

NXT EVOLVE #5 REVIEW:

- Firstly, I dig the colour change of the logo.

- McGuinness blaming the chaos of the lucky 7 town hall on Regals regime Haha!

- First match and it's a BIG test for 'The Mountain' up against Josh Briggs. As expected, it's a win for the newly named Cal Lannister and that's obviously the right call ahead of facing the Champion, Bronson next week on NXT.

- Interesting that you are using Cora alongside Baxter as they were a couple around this time when they both joined NXT. It's also a good way to slowly introduce Cora. I quite like Trey Baxter, and with the Cruiserweight Championship, I feel like he's going to have a place on the show long-term but we will see.

Rust seemingly cutting ties with Bivens is interesting too.

- Good win for Thatcher bouncing back from the Lucky 7 Qualifying loss last week. I loved the finish of him reversing the powerslam into the Fujiwara armbar and securing the win via submission.

- Nice little hype promo for KUSHIDA vs Sterling

- I like the pairing of Grey & Stallion. Very cutting words in regards to Drake & Jiro.

- Welp! A plucky start from Baxter before Dain cuts the fun and games and takes care of business by destroying 'All Heart' with three Vader bombs to really show his dominance. Out comes Thatcher to stop any further damage. LET THEM FIGHT! LET THEM FIGHT!

- Enjoyed that segment and what you are doing with Diamond Mine and using someone like Ruas. Good stuff, man.

- Main Event Time! Seeing Carmelo on this show really shows how much talent you have to play with, and is still yet to come from the performance centre without even the need to bring anyone in. Kinda crazy.

Oh wow! I was not expecting that ending! Hayes on course to win the match but Kona seemingly debuting his own faction. The Kona bloodline haha! I'm going to assume it's Solo & Quinn? If so, I'm totally down! Again, I do love how you use and showcases the less obvious characters and get them involved - it's definitely a real booking strength you have.

Overall; Good show again bro! Evolve is such a nice side-show to NXT and just gives you the chance to use some of the newer faces and lesser known talents. It works well and you've got the blend right without totally making it an obvious B-show by keeping it interesting with it's own feuds and such happening on the show.