No More Happy Endings - Once Upon a Time Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Pendex

Reaction score
You come in asking questions of Tommy, rereading they come off as more inquiring about how we handle things around here. Meh to target 1 I'll give you that one.
Specifically, it was to establish a baseline for Tommy. I've never played with him before, and so to read him I need a profile to work with. I've now established that he is a new player, who has been burnt before by not commenting on his availability, so his motivations for doing so are within reason to me. Moreover, I can infer that he probably isn't a very confident player, especially when pressured, so to engage with him I need to ask questions and draw things out, rather than play aggressively against his slot and see what happens.
You vote Mando because he dismissed what everyone has taken as a joke vote. You also suggest that Jeff and Mando are scum together. 1 & 2
Not quite - my initial read of the situation was him dismissing the vote, but potentially leaving it open for further discussion. I was overeager, sure, but the dismissal of the vote itself was fine.
You do let the Jeff shade just linger and target Mando most of the time. But again the original targeting of Mando was weak.
The problem with the Jeff angle here is that, for your characterisation to be true, I would have had to played super aggressively from the start, which I did against Mando, and then when that doesn't go anywhere I do the same thing to someone else. In terms of you building up a profile on me, I would at the very least have had to do what I did with Mando to another player for it to be me trying to find dirt on anyone I could muster. That, clearly, is not the case. You use the term "jump the gun", which I think is apt, but frankly John I am struggling to see *how* you came to your initial conclusion. Probably not much you can add to what you have already said that would change that - would appreciate some other input from elsewhere on this point.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
TOWN:
Tommy Bedlam
Mandalorian
Turanga Leela

NEUTRAL:
Sky
Ekkologix
Silent Bite
Lethal Jade
Pendex
Sister Abigail
People's Wang

NULL:
Gacy
John McHenry
Cereal Killer
Baldrick
Shade
PHEN0M

MAFIA LEANING:
T-Pein™

MAFIA:
The Grimch

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I don’t recall you saying what that read was. Can you point it out for me? It seems you’ve offered more of a commentary on the back and forth between me and Pendex but not gone a step further and said where it puts either of us. Sorry if I have just missed it.
I was referring to OMBs read of saying he felt good on you. Then the post where he Saud why am I being scum read. I will find it.

I also said that I felt you were more reactionary this game instead of passive. Which you were scum the last two games and was passive and less reactionary. You seem to be more defensive this game than them which puts a slight town lean for me this game. The last two games as scum you were playing different than this time. I fell like you are more like you were in the game when I was scum with Tommy, TP and Poyser.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Do you have a dossier on him, out of interest?
No. Nor would I - considering the three dossiers were part of Theory E. And he didn't fall into that Theory.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
FYI - all the dossiers were put together this morning - since I've been awake.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Specifically, it was to establish a baseline for Tommy. I've never played with him before, and so to read him I need a profile to work with. I've now established that he is a new player, who has been burnt before by not commenting on his availability, so his motivations for doing so are within reason to me. Moreover, I can infer that he probably isn't a very confident player, especially when pressured, so to engage with him I need to ask questions and draw things out, rather than play aggressively against his slot and see what happens.

Not quite - my initial read of the situation was him dismissing the vote, but potentially leaving it open for further discussion. I was overeager, sure, but the dismissal of the vote itself was fine.

The problem with the Jeff angle here is that, for your characterisation to be true, I would have had to played super aggressively from the start, which I did against Mando, and then when that doesn't go anywhere I do the same thing to someone else. In terms of you building up a profile on me, I would at the very least have had to do what I did with Mando to another player for it to be me trying to find dirt on anyone I could muster. That, clearly, is not the case. You use the term "jump the gun", which I think is apt, but frankly John I am struggling to see *how* you came to your initial conclusion. Probably not much you can add to what you have already said that would change that - would appreciate some other input from elsewhere on this point.

He and I are on our 5th or 6th game we both started on the same game I think, so accurate in your assessment.

My jump the gun was apparently more of me jumping to conclusions. For the initial catchup I must have skimmed too much and misread something thought you were targeting more than you you were.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I don't mind man post right now feels rather genuine and thinking sky is town atm not sure what to think of juice stuff seems like it's fluff trying to decode the post rather than straight answers.
@Mandalorian this is rhe post I was referring to.

Abi made their read through on OMB and said he was suss of him. He asked I responded to him about it and said maybe it's because you posted that you inky felt good about Man.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sister Abigail

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
No. Nor would I - considering the three dossiers were part of Theory E. And he didn't fall into that Theory.
Surely you'd have something to validate your scum lean of Pein, right? Cos whilst you did back up your theory stuff, it really could be put down to a lot of word salad that accomplishes SFA given you put 2 as town and 1 neutral

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
I don't disagree with what your saying. But I've just put three dossiers together - and you are asking me about something I haven't done. I'd have excepted question on the three people I took a deeper look at.

Calling it word salad though. Shrugs shoulders.

I would suggest you highlight what you think is word salad - because I feel like you haven't read of an of the dossiers at all at this point and are just being lazy by asking about stuff I haven't done yet. Rather than that which I have.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
I also was voting T-Pein earlier FYI

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Alright, my first thoughts this morning.

Sa and Tommy seem genuine and impartial trying to suss out every person, not really jumping to any wagons. Though Tommy did join mine I still feel like it's a genuine curiosity.
Wasn't really wagon jumping, just discussing each name as they were coming up. I did double check the Christmas dead chat where you and I discussed me scum reading you because of inactivity, and you acknowledged that you were afraid of it and were upset that your boss had tied up so much of your time (jokingly of course), causing you to be inactive. So I wasn't crazy on that. Having said that, I'm not really piling on you at this juncture. Totally plausible that you just didn't have much time yesterday with work, kid, etc..
I'd like to know why it's so aggressive. Fluff disappeared, discussion started
Aggressive is not an insult in the sense that I was using it. I'm simply saying that I don't think scum would come in and try to actively push people from fluff talk into game. Fluff talk seems to help scum more and you were eager about shutting that down. I assure you, I meant it as a compliment.
Why McHenry specifically for inactivity? I think it’s a bit weak to base it on one game where he was mafia and also inactive and not any of the other inactive players.

I know it may look like I’m making a case for McHenry here, but I’m just wondering why and how his name is being thrown about all of a sudden? Do you agree with Jeff then?
His name came up, and I don't even remember who mentioned it first. I think it was during a part of the game where we were just discussing players who hadn't played much. I was simply comparing this game to other games that I had played with him. I don't see it as you case-making for him, so it's all good. I'm not quite confident enough to put a vote on him, but I like to put all my thoughts out there as I have them, and I was having some about him.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Alright, my first thoughts this morning.

Wasn't really wagon jumping, just discussing each name as they were coming up. I did double check the Christmas dead chat where you and I discussed me scum reading you because of inactivity, and you acknowledged that you were afraid of it and were upset that your boss had tied up so much of your time (jokingly of course), causing you to be inactive. So I wasn't crazy on that. Having said that, I'm not really piling on you at this juncture. Totally plausible that you just didn't have much time yesterday with work, kid, etc..

Aggressive is not an insult in the sense that I was using it. I'm simply saying that I don't think scum would come in and try to actively push people from fluff talk into game. Fluff talk seems to help scum more and you were eager about shutting that down. I assure you, I meant it as a compliment.

His name came up, and I don't even remember who mentioned it first. I think it was during a part of the game where we were just discussing players who hadn't played much. I was simply comparing this game to other games that I had played with him. I don't see it as you case-making for him, so it's all good. I'm not quite confident enough to put a vote on him, but I like to put all my thoughts out there as I have them, and I was having some about him.
Yeah a year in and I'm finally starting to have to actually do work lmao and I just got a raise so not as active. Plus the first few games it was so new and fresh I had a bit of a rush. My kinda was only because you were in a bit of a rush to get info out there about previous games but it was the misremembering which I chalked up to error not intended.

Reactions: Tommy Bedlam

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
I don't disagree with what your saying. But I've just put three dossiers together - and you are asking me about something I haven't done. I'd have excepted question on the three people I took a deeper look at.

Calling it word salad though. Shrugs shoulders.

I would suggest you highlight what you think is word salad - because I feel like you haven't read of an of the dossiers at all at this point and are just being lazy by asking about stuff I haven't done yet. Rather than that which I have.

I commented on them, if you'd check that. I'm asking you to highlight your reasons to be reading Pein as scum cos it's not a view that I have atm - your 3 people need no further questions.

Ah yup, brush off my line of query with a dismissive shaded comment thinking someone is being lazy. Gotcha.

I also was voting T-Pein earlier FYI
Yes, but why?

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
I commented on them, if you'd check that. I'm asking you to highlight your reasons to be reading Pein as scum cos it's not a view that I have atm - your 3 people need no further questions.

Ah yup, brush off my line of query with a dismissive shaded comment thinking someone is being lazy. Gotcha.

Yes, but why?

Where? I can't see anything.