No More Happy Endings - Once Upon a Time Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
@LethalI just reread it so I can see what you're saying, so:

My initial reading was that Silent (scum) was trying to defend a player to look good (not defend a scum buddy, didn't read that way) off of it.

You then said it was white knighting

I pointed out that I saw it the other way (scum defending town), so I wanted to know why you saw it as personally motivated, rather than mafia motivated

Does that make sense? If you consult my reads, you can see my viewpoint here
Ok well that makes a little bit more sense then. Thank you for clarifying it

Pendex

Reaction score
:reigns3

If it was a wolf motivation then it's just sillyness to bring that much attention to himself. How can it perceived as TMI? He leapt to the defense of Sky cos I shat on her vote and reason for it. You've displayed potential TMI yourself with this context by suggesting Sky is townie and needed defending.
I will let you read the other post before responding further.

If someone can check me on this - please do.

Reactions: Lethal

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Hmm just catching up seems like a pretty typical d1. Has anyone not posted yet?

What thoughts do you have so far? What makes it typical?

According to one person here (Lethal), it is not typical.

Lot on nonsense troll post things of that nature I mean besides that if I am remembering right Lethal is usually pretty active and a typical d1 choice to along with the random votes and what not.

Honestly my brain is fried at the moment I have had a really shitty past 48 hours so I am mentally not 100% here atm. I did just get out of work too so I'm tired lol.

I don’t know what you’re trying to say here. I can’t tell if it’s a way to get us onto Lethal or not. Do you think we should?

Na I don't think Lethal is scum, I was just saying this day is going how usually all games go.

Okay, fair enough.

Any reads though? It’s been very much the same few people for most of the day so far so it’d be good for those that are here to give us some things to work with?

I can’t get the multi quote right on my phone but then to the last message he responded with

“Ehh not really so far think I'm ok with most the post so far nothing really stood out yet” (post #258)

This is mine and his initial exchange I was referring to @Lethal Jade

Pendex

Reaction score
@SkyI take exception with your claim that I have defended "Juice". I can see how they might have excluded Ekko, and don't think that is all that important, but I don't believe that qualifies as a defence - I've been questioning them about the purpose of the exercise too. I've gathered that Juice is the same person who made the list of 7, if I'm somehow wrong there, by all means.

I don't like defending people as I believe they can both speak for themselves and it's bad practice to get attached to slots, so, I'd like some reasoning here.

Pendex

Reaction score
On the note of Ekko - I'm very familiar with his play, so seeing him as apathetic as he is, is rather strange. Current inclination is some form of Indie - if scum I would expect him to be more conscious of how he will be perceived, and if town, more excited about being town (this is couched on him preferring it, I haven't factored in whether he just doesn't want to play here or whatever). In any case, not a good direction for this day.

Shade

Reaction score
Catching up on things now. Obviously I have some familiarity with Man, Wang, Grim, OMB, Baldrick and Tommy from previous games. So I'd like to think I can read them quite well to some extent although watch me fuck this up spectacularly. Wang I currently feel is the most town of the group I've mentioned. His posts seem quite helpful and he's sharing opinions when he can. I also think that Man has put in a good account of himself. His arguing with Pein screams a town on town clash in my eyes. As I do feel Pein is potentially tunneling on Man which in fairness we have all done to a player or two in our time. Haven't yet been able to put my finger on Grim, OMB or Baldrick yet. Once I see a little more from them I'll be able to form an opinion based on what I've seen. I get a feeling that Tommy is playing for town also in this game. He at least seems to be contributing in a positive aspect so far.

Now I know people were asking if I've played before and what am I like. All I'll say is please don't take it easy on me just because you don't know me or haven't played with me. I may be a tad dense at points and forget to post or read everything thoroughly. Especially when dare I say I've seen about 20 pages of mindless arguing. Which to be frank I ain't got time for. What I will say is I've obviously got a blank slate with everyone else and TBH I won't try and go by what others say is their play or not. I'm probably going to exclude some people here but don't take it to heart yet, this is just where my head is at currently on a few players I have not played with before.

Lethal Jade - Your play screams of an overly aggressive town player trying to get the ball rolling. I have been in your shoes with this play myself, and if I'm honest I've also done it when I was maf once so while I do currently give you a town lean. I won't obviously completely clear you as it is too early in the game for that nonsense.

Sky - Your vote on me was clearly a joke. I took it as it was. Found your play afterwards a tad weird if I am honest. Not enough to condemn you, but enough for me to look through your posts later on and see how I feel.

Sister Abigail - I'll be outright honest and this is a Day One straw grab. I've felt good about you until you put your reads out there. Due to reasons out of my control I wasn't that active yesterday but I'm currently in your town read. I don't want to assume a trust grab because you, Pein and Jade are probably two I'm more confident in. So we'll see.

T Pein - I do feel like you was tunneling when it came to Man but then seemed to ease off later. I'd like to see more from you with a clearer head on your shoulders as you did seem to be making some good points in other posts.

Pendrex - Can't put my finger on it, I'm just not a fan of your play so far. We still have time so I will not be voting for you as of yet. But currently top of my list I feel.

Leela - Why would I need to comment on a clear mistake about Ekko not being listed? I was listed twice but didn't see the need to make a show of that.

McHenry - Voting for Ekko seemed a tad low in my book. I get voting out inactive players but I usually say do that a couple of days in if you are at an impasse. Low hanging fruit on day one doesn't sit with me and seems maf like.

So yeah for the TLDR people out there. I currently feel good about Man, Wang, Jade, Pein and Abi. Gun to my head currently I'm voting Pendred/McHenry but want to see how today goes before I vote. As it's still day one and we have time.

What is OMGUS? never heard it and baffed as fuck

Reactions: Sister Abigail

Pendex

Reaction score
Pendrex - Can't put my finger on it, I'm just not a fan of your play so far. We still have time so I will not be voting for you as of yet. But currently top of my list I feel.
Well, I will need you to elaborate on this at some point. Notably, you'd be the 3rd vote of I'm not mistaken, so I obviously have some reservations about hedging to see where my wagon may go, yeah?

OMGUS means "Oh My God You Suck", it's used when someone votes against a player (or just reasons them) on the basis that, because they are voting for them, they are scum for doing so, with nothing else to support it.

Shade

Reaction score
Well, I will need you to elaborate on this at some point. Notably, you'd be the 3rd vote of I'm not mistaken, so I obviously have some reservations about hedging to see where my wagon may go, yeah?

OMGUS means "Oh My God You Suck", it's used when someone votes against a player (or just reasons them) on the basis that, because they are voting for them, they are scum for doing so, with nothing else to support it.

I haven't voted yet I only said currently you are top of my list as I've felt something was off. I'm intending to look back and highlight somethings in my second readthrough. That post was my first impression. It may change on my dive.

And ah right. Mate I'm so behind, It took me ages to learn what Wifom was also

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
@Shade what other good points was Pein making?

His game has been entirely focused on Sky and myself.

You agree with his defence of Juice and tunnelling of Sky as a result of that? Or his hounding of me?

Pendex

Reaction score
I haven't voted yet I only said currently you are top of my list as I've felt something was off. I'm intending to look back and highlight somethings in my second readthrough. That post was my first impression. It may change on my dive.

And ah right. Mate I'm so behind, It took me ages to learn what Wifom was also
Plenty of time, by all means.

Shade

Reaction score
@Shade what other good points was Pein making?

His game has been entirely focused on Sky and myself.

You agree with his defence of Juice and tunnelling of Sky as a result of that? Or his hounding of me?

Have I not said that I disagree with what he said about you already? I think I've said that openly in that post and for the record the clearing of Juice is something I do disagree with.

But I do think some of what he's said about Sky has been a little valid as I myself don't think Sky is clear.

Shade

Reaction score
By the way any chance someone can help me do something in this thread. Having a absolute mare atm on my phone so just need an idiots guide

Pendex

Reaction score
By the way any chance someone can help me do something in this thread. Having a absolute mare atm on my phone so just need an idiots guide
What are you looking to do?

Shade

Reaction score
What are you looking to do?

I'm really sorry if I come off stupid. I think I'm still getting to grips with the mechanics of this forum. How do I like search out one individual player's posts? As I'm currently having to sift through everything and that's time consuming.

Reactions: Sister Abigail

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I'm really sorry if I come off stupid. I think I'm still getting to grips with the mechanics of this forum. How do I like search out one individual player's posts? As I'm currently having to sift through everything and that's time consuming.
It’s the same as on WC. Come out of the thread and then click on the number of posts next to the thread in the sub forum and you can see the amount of posts per player and if you click on the number you’ll see the posts.