NHL Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Favorite Sports Team
TTa0tmV
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
... No. You can't say it's one of the worst in history or compare it to either of those guys when he hasn't even played half a season with the Leafs yet.
The guy only has 8 points and he's being paid 5.25 million a year. Maybe he will prove me wrong, but Tim Connolly sure didn't.

Swinny

Reaction score
So... the Leafs lose again after winning 6 in a row, but they made a hell of a comeback nonetheless and will get a point... which puts them ahead of the Habs in the standings.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Favorite Sports Team
TTa0tmV
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
TAMPA, Fla. -- Steven Stamkos will not play for Team Canada at the Sochi Olympics after tests revealed Wednesday that his broken right leg is not completely healed.

Tampa Bay Lightning doctors said they couldn't clear him to play after examining his most recent CT scan and will re-evaluate his condition again in two to three weeks.

Lightning general manager and Team Canada's executive director Steve Yzerman told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN.com that a replacement announcement will take place "within 48 hours.''

It's a big blow for the 23-year-old, who had been optimistic earlier this week that he might be able to play by as soon as Saturday.

"Today is obviously very disappointing for me," Stamkos said in a release. "I honestly believe that we did everything possible in order to have my injured leg ready in time for the Olympics, but I realize you can't force healing. I know, in the best interest of my long-term health, I cannot represent Canada in Sochi, as much as I would like to."

Stamkos will further address the media in person Thursday following the Lightning's morning skate at Tampa Bay Times Forum.

Yzerman said Stamkos "should not be participating in game action at any time in the near future."

"Although the doctor was very pleased to this point with the healing process, he explained that the callus surrounding the fracture site is not 100 per cent consolidated, and Steven will not be cleared to play in a game until that happens," said Yzerman. "It was a pretty clear-cut decision, no grey areas at all."

NHL players are set to leave Sunday and arrive in Sochi on Monday. Canada's first game is Feb. 13.

Stamkos suffered the injury Nov. 11 and hasn't played since. He underwent surgery to have a titanium rod inserted into the tibia.

Stamkos has missed 39 regular-season games.
Source: TSN

This is such a huge blow for Team Canada and Stamkos himself as he was not in the 2010 roster as well.

Swinny

Reaction score
It sucks but it's not like anyone expected him not to be out after that injury. It is definitely unfortunate for him that he still doesn't get to play in the Olympics but he's plenty young enough that he still has more opportunities.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Favorite Sports Team
TTa0tmV
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Definitely, but now St. Louis has a chance to get in

James Bond

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
I'm still curious to see if Mikko Koivu will go for Finland. Still recovering from a broken ankle on a blocked shot.

I would think he'd play... he did go back on the ice after he was told it was broken and would need surgery. Mikko Koivu is secretly Superman.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Kristen Letang had a stroke last week. Hoping he recovers and can do well once back.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Swinny

Reaction score
Think Kris Letang is the name you're looking for. :p

But yeah, that guy really has had some bad luck and now a stroke? Damn. At least it was only a minor one and he's only supposed to be out 6 weeks.

James Bond

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Poor Letang. One of the league's most fun to watch d-men in recent years and then this year went right down the shitter for him.

And I see that I missed the announcement of Koivu not going to Sochi. Highly unfortunate. There went Finland's chances.

A speedy recovery to both!

Last edited by a moderator:

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Definitely, but now St. Louis has a chance to get in

And it's bloody freakin time he has. He already got shafted in 2010.

I hope Letang recovers.

Swinny

Reaction score
And Canada wins the gold medal! Made it look easy. Wouldn't have minded a more competitive game, but I certainly won't complain about a 3-0 win.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
The Carey Price is Right. :nodsmile:

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
So Vokun is back for the Pens. And a nice freak injury in the Olympics. So when will they begin to pull the NHLers from the Olympics?

Destroying Sith with my Kindle Fire on Tapatalk

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
So the Pens fire Ray Shero and keep Dan Bylsma after another failed post season. How is it the GMs fault. Sheri has done a crap ton of shit to get players to the pens. It's the coach who screws these things up.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
So the Pens fire Ray Shero and keep Dan Bylsma after another failed post season. How is it the GMs fault. Sheri has done a crap ton of shit to get players to the pens. It's the coach who screws these things up.

Bylsma is "under evaluation".

..Which probably means he'll keep his job lol.