NFL Playoffs Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I know the Texans are high on Clowney, but then again idk they are desperately in need of a QB. If they do take Clowney first it's because they think Boyd will slip to their 2nd round pick.
Or they just aren't sold on the top QB prospects and love Clowney. It isn't crazy to have a need at QB but take a crazy prospect like Clowney ahead of QBs you aren't sure of. I think they'll take clowney just because they think he is the best player who will have the biggest impact in the league.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Don't go for it here... oh, they're going for it... Drawing them offsides, smart. No, penalty, dumb.

Houston has to go QB. Surely they're going to become infatuated with someone in the next few months, right? It's Sam Bradford over Ndamokong Suh, Cam Newton over Nick Fairley all over again.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Don't go for it here... oh, they're going for it... Drawing them offsides, smart. No, penalty, dumb.

Houston has to go QB. Surely they're going to become infatuated with someone in the next few months, right? It's Sam Bradford over Ndamokong Suh, Cam Newton over Nick Fairley all over again.
No, its Julius Peppers over David Carr and Joey Harrington IMO. Some pass rushers are just as valuable as a high level QB. you would feel silly watching Clowney's HOF induction ceremony for another team because you forced yourself to draft based on need instead of talent

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Or they just aren't sold on the top QB prospects and love Clowney. It isn't crazy to have a need at QB but take a crazy prospect like Clowney ahead of QBs you aren't sure of. I think they'll take clowney just because they think he is the best player who will have the biggest impact in the league.
I think Clowney is a legit #1 pick, I'd just be weary of the injuries over the last year for whoever takes him. Three foot injuries (all same foot) and a rib injury may not be too serious but the foot thing could be something to look out for..

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
you would feel silly watching Clowney's HOF induction ceremony for another team because you forced yourself to draft based on need instead of talent
Couldn't you just easily say that for anyone that looks good on paper though coming from college?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I think Clowney is a legit #1 pick, I'd just be weary of the injuries over the last year for whoever takes him. Three foot injuries (all same foot) and a rib injury may not be too serious but the foot thing could be something to look out for..
Bone spurs, right? something that seems like a pain tolerance thing to me, but what do I know. I also think it is correctable with surgery unless I am mistaken

Clowney basically took this year off (still produced some) but I don't really hold it against him. Not sure how motivated I would be to play football for 'free' when I know I am too talented for CFB. IMO the NFL & NCAA should be allowed to make exceptions on the 3 year rule for obvious top tier talents like Clowney who are clear cut top 10 picks

Couldn't you just easily say that for anyone that looks good on paper though coming from college?
Clowney is the best DL prospect since Mario Williams, Peppers, Suh ect. he isn't just another talent that looks good on paper coming out of college.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
thought that shit was picked

bad decision

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
541dc0b315e95fa368d0b5873d05c82d.jpg

Man, I'm lagging harder than I ever have in my WWEF career.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Bone spurs, right? something that seems like a pain tolerance thing to me, but what do I know. I also think it is correctable with surgery unless I am mistaken

Clowney is the best D prospect since Mario Williams, Peppers, ect. he isn't just another talent that looks good on paper coming out of college.
Yeah I think he's had his surgery now that the seasons over, or will be having it shortly.
Mario Williams has a decent ways left to go before he is guarenteed to make the HOF.
^ He needs to start getting more Double-Digit Sack seasons.