NFL Offseason Thread [2019]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the strategy for the Vikings is gonna be keep drafting OL players that they can sign to relatively cheap rookie contracts until they don't have to overpay Kirk Cousins anymore. Still a weird pick though because they don't need a center. Pat Elflein is like... the one beacon of hope on that line right now.

For whatever it's worth, Elflein was ranked as the #38 center via PFF.
I've heard they're going to kick him inside at guard to upgrade 2 positions. Figure they're not done, either. As dominant as that offense could be...

There's a lot of teams that seem to be repeating history. I know this is a defense-heavy draft, but come on, there's so many young QBs just begging for help like a drowning Sonic looking for one of those air bubbles.

Why are the 69ers taking a pass rusher for how many drafts in a row?
Why are the Jets taking a stud DL, when they don't want to use the option on the current stud DL they have, which they drafted because they didn't want to pay the one before that? Why did they finally get an offensive HC and not get Sam Darnold any help?
Why did the Cardinals trade so much to get Rosen to give up on him after 1 season?
Why did the New Browns not draft a QB?
Why did the Giants and Redskins take QBs, then when they desperately need offensive help, take defensive players later?
Why are the Bills and Dolphins taking beastly defensive tackles after just watching awesome defensive tackle play mean so little?
Why didn't a team trade up to 32 Vikings-style to get an extra year of rookie money for Drew Lock?

GIVE YOUR DAMN QUARTERBACKS A CHANCE. Sure the Baker Mayfields of the world will rise to the top without much help from the supporting cast, but Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Dwayne Haskins... How will you know if these guys are any good if they're surrounded by ham n eggers?

Snowman1

Reaction score
That being said I like a lot of linebackers taken here, even a team like Carolina you can see how much of an impact an injured do-it-all linebacker can have on a defense. Pittsburgh recovering from the loss of Shazier has been brutal, here's your new guy. If Arians can fix Jameis that offense is mostly set, now you have a real QB of the defense too.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
For whatever it's worth, Elflein was ranked as the #38 center via PFF.
I've heard they're going to kick him inside at guard to upgrade 2 positions. Figure they're not done, either. As dominant as that offense could be...
I can see it. He's definitely a guy you can move around. I know a lot of people weren't too hot on him after he had a REALLY bad game against the Bears. But it's a situation where you can't expect much out of the guy when you consider the rest of the players he's lining up with. Throughout the rest of the draft I see them picking up another guard, probably a tackle, and likely a TE to compliment Rudolph. They need to bolster the DL a little bit too but protecting Big Money Kirk will probably be the priority this year.

Reactions: Snowman1

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I'm honestly hoping that Josh Rosen gets picked up by the Dolphins in a trade...

a 2nd or 3rd round pick for a 1st round draft pick who is pissed off and looking to prove everyone wrong... seems like a risk worth taking to me.

Reactions: Snowman1

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I feel like the Raiders are gonna go with Cody Ford with their first second round pick. Somewhat surprised he fell to the second round, he's a big bodied blocker that could do a lot of good, and the OL needs some help from a guy like him.

Snowman1

Reaction score
2018:

Josh Rosen: 55.2% completion percentage – 2,278 passing yards (167.2 yards per game) – 11 TDs and 14 INTs – 66.7 QB Rating
Sam Darnold: 57.7% completion percentage – 2,865 passing yards (220.4 ypg) – 17 TDs and 15 INTs – 77.6 QB Rating
Josh Allen: 52.8% completion percentage – 2,074 passing yards (172.8 ypg) – 10 TDs and 12 INTs – 67.9 QB Rating – 631 yards rushing with 8 TDs
Lamar Jackson: 58.2% completion percentage – 1201 passing yards (75.1 YPG) – 6 TDs and 3 INTs – 84.5 QB rating – 695 rushing yards with 5 TDs

I love how Josh Rosen is "already a bust" and the other three we're making excuses for. It's not good to just compare stats of course, but the case for Rosen is there... Shoot if I'm Miami I'm calling up Arizona right now. It's PST. Someone's going to answer that phone. Grab Rosen ASAP. Fitzpatrick is a complete waste of time lol. Rosen helps you build for the future one way or the other

And to make the co-owner of the forum happy:
Baker Mayfield: 63.8% completion percentage – 3,725 passing yards (266.1 ypg) – 27 TDs and 14 INTs – 93.7 QB Rating

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Good decision by the Raiders to draft Clelin Ferrell in the 1st round. Armchair quarterbacks who blog on the 'net weren't happy with this pick, as they wanted Jon Gruden & Company to draft Ed Oliver or Josh Allen but I'm sure GM Mike Mayock knows what he's doing.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
You got your guy, dude! : yay:

I think it'll be a good fit.. Fitzmagic can back him up and mentor him... We'll still end up at .500 or slightly below, but it'll get better before it gets worse.

Not a bad pick up for a 2019 2nd round pick and 2020 5th round pick.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Lots of people saw that trade coming after yesterday, but regardless this is a nice move. Didn't give away too much to get a QB they can build around. Let him grow for a couple of years until Brady/Belichick are gone, and the AFC East might become a shootout division.

Raiders addressed CB in this round which was needed. Still haven't changed my opinion on the first round after letting it sink in for a day.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I figured the Vikings would draft another TE to compliment Kyle Rudolph but rumor is he's on the trade block.

That's a little disappointing because Rudolph can still go, Irv Smith looked great at Alabama and they could do some nasty things with some two tight end formations. Team doesn't have all the cap in the world to work with and I think Rudolph is due for like $8mil. Wouldn't take a cap hit for trading or releasing him but still, I hope they don't.