NFL Offseason Thread [2017]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
What happen to the Zing and Burn ratings? :okay: :mj:
sZTFKVb.gif

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Quit watching them during the buildup for Superbowl 50 when there was that story of "there was a survey that showed black people like Cam Newton more than white people!"

fuck outta here with that.gif

Reactions: Swift

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Quit watching them during the buildup for Superbowl 50 when there was that story of "there was a survey that showed black people like Cam Newton more than white people!"

fuck outta here with that.gif
:dafuq:

He is a QB in one of the blacker states (not to mention the Christian "belt") of the country. Carolina, both north and south have some of the nicest and most open-minded people in the US. To say that he, a QB of the CAROLINA Panthers, is favored more by black people is one of thee dumbest things I have ever heard ESPN say and they have said some pretty stupid things over the years. Did we seem to forget the fact that about 30% of each state is made up of African Americans who also likely are fans of the Panthers AND Cam? Let us figure out why a survey may say something like this for a second. I can bet it didn't even count fans like me who aren't in either state too. I'd like to know who got paid to make the survey as well, the racist. Further more, it is moronic statements like this that make it in major media outlets that fuels racism. People wonder why I don't watch TV or follow media anymore (haven't in like 6 years)...There ya go. Nothing like a late night rant lol

Ba58DaYCcAIDkkh.jpg-large-480x640.jpg

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Reaction score
Posting as a reminder to respond to that ^

also posting to remind you that Rob Gronkowski is coming back next year. But at this point, who cares?

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Lol seriously?

I never really watched ESPN, but I had no idea they were saying any of that Cam Newton stuff. That's completely ridiculous, it's not related to sports in the way that it should be, nor is anything like that really newsworthy. But at the end of the day ESPN is a media outlet, and as a general rule, media outlets in the current age are most likely awful.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I would love to know the context behind this gif, what could have possibly happened to elicit this sort of response?

Also notice the quick shift from despair to anger, then settling on a middle ground.
I searched Kevin Owens on giphy lol. I guess the kid didn't like Owens destroying Zayne when he debuted/ or destroying Cena lol

Snowman1

Reaction score
Rumor has it the Redskins are wanting to trade Cousins to the 69ers for 2 first-round picks.

Snowman1

Reaction score
:dafuq:

He is a QB in one of the blacker states (not to mention the Christian "belt") of the country. Carolina, both north and south have some of the nicest and most open-minded people in the US. To say that he, a QB of the CAROLINA Panthers, is favored more by black people is one of thee dumbest things I have ever heard ESPN say and they have said some pretty stupid things over the years. Did we seem to forget the fact that about 30% of each state is made up of African Americans who also likely are fans of the Panthers AND Cam? Let us figure out why a survey may say something like this for a second. I can bet it didn't even count fans like me who aren't in either state too. I'd like to know who got paid to make the survey as well, the racist. Further more, it is moronic statements like this that make it in major media outlets that fuels racism. People wonder why I don't watch TV or follow media anymore (haven't in like 6 years)...There ya go. Nothing like a late night rant lol

Ba58DaYCcAIDkkh.jpg-large-480x640.jpg
:lol1: @ the photo

I went on this whole rant about urban communities and that discussion highlighting the real cultural divide that exists and the revolving door of trouble in urban communities and how this story, no matter how dumb, was the closest any media site has come to talking about the actual problem, but.. I'll spare you and just say that as someone who lives in Tennessee and saw a black dude play QB at UT for 3 years and listens to a lot of sports radio, I have not heard one time a local person talk about him being black. Hear about his eyebrows a lot if people want to be funny but the white/black thing so doesn't matter even "down south", shame the media gets such huge ratings out of it that they're going to keep pushing the divide further and further and raking in that ad revenue.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
:lol1: @ the photo

I went on this whole rant about urban communities and that discussion highlighting the real cultural divide that exists and the revolving door of trouble in urban communities and how this story, no matter how dumb, was the closest any media site has come to talking about the actual problem, but.. I'll spare you and just say that as someone who lives in Tennessee and saw a black dude play QB at UT for 3 years and listens to a lot of sports radio, I have not heard one time a local person talk about him being black. Hear about his eyebrows a lot if people want to be funny but the white/black thing so doesn't matter even "down south", shame the media gets such huge ratings out of it that they're going to keep pushing the divide further and further and raking in that ad revenue.

I honestly blame people in the media (both on TV and social) for widening the gap between people and keeping the race issues going. I never once considered the amount of black vs white fans Cam has. That kind of thing would never cross my mind. When I look at sports players I look at their skills and integrity and that is how I consider someone good or not, or how I become a fan of them or not. It just goes to show that the media outlets will use anything to get us talking, even if it means making people hate each other more.

And yeah, so many people believe that the South is made up of racists. I find people in the south more accepting of color and sexual preference than places like California and New York who "pride" themselves on being open-minded. The media has a funny way of manipulating people into believing fake facts and lies.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
It all comes full circle back to the whole you're not born with knowledge of race or any sort of prejudice - you're taught it.

We absolutely wouldn't have all of the problems with race relations that we still have in this day and age were it not for the media perpetuating all of it. If a white person does something, their race almost never comes up in most cases. If someone of a minority race does something, it's the first thing mentioned. That's the sort of thing that needs to stop, people are looked at by their race and not because they're a human being, or what they've accomplished, or in this case I suppose how many white or black fans they have.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
It all comes full circle back to the whole you're not born with knowledge of race or any sort of prejudice - you're taught it.

We absolutely wouldn't have all of the problems with race relations that we still have in this day and age were it not for the media perpetuating all of it. If a white person does something, their race almost never comes up in most cases. If someone of a minority race does something, it's the first thing mentioned. That's the sort of thing that needs to stop, people are looked at by their race and not because they're a human being, or what they've accomplished, or in this case I suppose how many white or black fans they have.

Like I always said, a person should be judged by their heart, not the color of their skin. It shouldn't matter what you look like, the inside of a person is what makes them who they are, not their exterior.

Or as MLK Jr put it "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."