NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Real good pick up for San Fran. Their offense is starting to look pretty good, their D is already Superbowl caliber if they add Manning they'd be the easy favorites next season.

In other news the Patriots have signed Former Colt's receiver Anthony Gonzalez and to go along with him they signed receiver Brandon Lloyd as well.

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I say Manningham will be the slot WR, with MOSS and Crabtree as starting WR (Well i'm pretty sure Crabtree will lose his job halfway though the season with his hands). Vernon Davis that BEAST OF A TE. SHIT MIGHT GET SCARY for those other west teams.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I'm still banking on Manning going to Tennessee. They're definitely given him something to desire by adding Steve Hutchinson to their OL and Kenny Britt is as good as a recieving option as any. As an NFL Network analyst noted, he would want the sweet victory over his former team twice a year also, so that adds some inscentive. Also, I don't believe he'll end up playing for the 49ers based off of the fact that he doesn't want to have to face his brother in the playoffs. To that point, he probably wants to play his brother in a Super Bowl if at all possible, so that right there makes me think the 49ers are a no-go, regardless of their signing of Randy Moss and Mario Manningham.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Not sure how much this means in terms of landing Peyton in San Fran, but Alex Smith of the 49ers is visiting with the Miami Dolphins today.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Hmm considering he is still under contract (I think) they had to have gave him permission to do that so that could be very telling that they're either very close to getting Peyton or already pretty much have him.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Smith hasn't re-signed yet, so he can do whatever he wants. The offer is there, he just hasn't re-signed. With that being said, he probably fears that Peyton's going to take his job and is looking to get with the team that Peyton already low balled in Miami. As I said, I don't think Peyton will sign with the 49ers, but that's not to say that Smith doesn't fear his job being in jeopardy.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I thought he was still signed also but i guess he's been a free agent, but still it adds some pressure to the 49ers. If he signs with Miami then they're really going to have to push for Peyton.

The Dolphins would probably pay him a ton as well, he did have a great season last year but ultimately i think Matt Flynn signs with the Dolphins, Alex Smith stays with the 49ers and Peyton heads to the Titans.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
That's what I'm banking on. Smith would be dumb to leave, but if Peyton goes there, it would be dumb for him to stay. A lot of people's futures are in Peyton's hands. Because if Peyton does go to the 49ers, Smith could end up in Miami, and that would mean that Matt Flynn would probably go to the Seahawks, because as far as I know, that's the only other team he's visited. There's a lot on the line with this free agency fiasco.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
It all depends on when Peyton feels like he wants to make a decision.

So Peyton needs to hurry up. He worked out with those three teams. Pick one so ESPN can talk about it for weeks to come and other teams can sign their QBs already.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I expect an announcement by tommorow, honestly.

Reaction score
I like what Adam Schefter said when he talked about Manning's decision. He pointed out that he doesn't like to be rushed when making a decision so teams that wanna bother him about it will most likely be disappointed. All the analyst were saying that he will make a decision soon but Adam Schefter said this did not come from Manning but just them assuming since he's already worked out. Manning did say that he is welcome to hear from other teams, which makes me think he doesn't wanna sign with these teams or he has one particular destination in mind that hasn't called him. I wouldn't be surprised if Manning holds off on making a decision for a few days or even weeks.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I'm just tired of seein it on ESPN. Maybe he'll hold off til after the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.