NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
oh fuck, about time they got Cutler a weapon, and a weapon he knows as well. Good move. As for Moss and the 49'ers idk how i feel about that yet.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If Peyton goes to the Niners then Moss is gonna look like the Moss we saw when he first went to the Pats imo. As is though I don't think he'll mess with Alex Smith. Moss works best with QB's who can air it out and Alex Smith is a dink and dunk not gonna fuck up this lead type QB. Just doesn't go together at all and would just be a decoy to get easier passes thrown to Davis.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Seems as if Miami is paving the way for Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark and are going to use them as bait to try and land Peyton.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Looking forward to my first season as a full NFL fan, who now understands the game a LOT better and enjoys it more. Hopefully Saints will reach the Superbowl this coming season and win it in their home stadium, I would LOVE that, and the re signing of Coulston is fantastic.

Also I notice how majority of the people on this Forum are green bay fans after their Superbowl win *cough* BANDWAGGON *cough*

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
They are not on Andrew's level tho, because somehow he's a Boston Celtic's fan now.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Vincent Jackson leaving the Chargers signed a 5 year deal with Tampa, Also Pierre Garcon signs with the Redskins. The Bears have also signed Jason Campbell, pretty solid back up QB for them.

Good signings by all teams today.

Last edited:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Finnegan is a very underrated acquisition to the Rams. Though I don't view the guy as a great corner, he's definitely going to help their secondary immensely. The Rams have been a team waiting to catch fire for the past two seasons, and I really hope to see them add a couple more weapons this off-season to put them over the hump. Not because of Finnegan, but I'm really expecting that team to break out this season. They will come close to making the playoffs at least.

As for Randy Moss, I'll wait until I see where Peyton Manning lands before I make a big deal out of his signing with the Niners. Smith had a good year last season, but he's going to have to show me more than one season before I'm ready to declare him a good quarterback. I want to see how he rebounds from losing the NFC championship game, because really, without a good QB, Moss isn't really a threat. And when he's not running deep streaks, there's not much else he can do. He has never been known for running deep slants or running in any direction of the safeties, so the QB needs one hell of an arm to make Moss dangerous. And frankly, I'm not so sure Moss even has that speed anymore. Teams will still double-cover him out of necessity though, so if anything it will lead to Vernon Davis having a hell of a season.

Looking forward to my first season as a full NFL fan, who now understands the game a LOT better and enjoys it more. Hopefully Saints will reach the Superbowl this coming season and win it in their home stadium, I would LOVE that, and the re signing of Coulston is fantastic.

Also I notice how majority of the people on this Forum are green bay fans after their Superbowl win *cough* BANDWAGGON *cough*
Welcome aboard.

And fuck Green Bay. I gave them a pass last season for taking care of the Steelers in Dallas the season before, but that's all the slack I'm giving them.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Imo Moss should have signed with the Chargers assuming they had any interest in him. That team has pretty much been a air it out to tall WR's offense the past few years which is right up Moss's ally. Surprised the Chargers didn't do more to try and keep Vincent Jackson there as right now they are pretty weak at WR. If I were them I'd talk to the Pats about Ocho or take a look at T.O.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Jesus fuck, I had totally forgot all about the Chargers.

I don't have much of an opinion of them, but I definitely think they were right for not over-paying Vincent Jackson. What a bunch of fucking losers for letting Sproles go though, good lord.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
lol Yeah I'm sure they regret doing that considering he looked like what LT used to be for them for the Saints last season. Totally didn't understand them letting him go the same time they let LT go as I figured that was part of why they were getting rid of LT in the first place.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Well Randy had a work out with the Saints also and i thought that was a good match because Drew Brees is a hell of a QB with a strong arm.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I could see how he wouldn't sign with the Saints since there is a shot that he would get the Ocho treatment there with them not actually needing him that much. With the Niners he probably can be the number 1 WR depending.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I pretty happy Reggie resigned with the colts, get to see one of my favorite WR end his career with the colts and this means Luck has a target to throw to. Also The Kansas City Chiefs announced via Twitter they have agreed to terms with the former Browns running back.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Peyton Hillis, Hopefully the madden curse doesn't carry over to his new team. Glad he was able to get out of the Browns organization. Also, Gronk has been campaigning to be put on the cover of the new Madden game. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.