NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I didn't think much stock was gonna be put into Elway doing the recruiting but guess it put them over the top because I don't get him not going with the Niners who are more prime to win a championship right now.

As for Tebo Miami here he comes if Miami was smart since he'll at the very least will sell tickets for them and make them relevant.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Dolphins sign Old Jaguars QB David Garrard, Think they ultimately trade for Tebow though.

Can't really see the Garrard or Matt Moore putting people in seats :lol:

Last edited:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Here's the details on Peyton's new contract.

Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos have agreed to terms on a five-year contract, a league source told NFL Network's Michael Lombardi on Tuesday.

Manning's contract is worth $96 million, a league source told NFL Network's Albert Breer, but NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora reports Manning's contract essentially boils down to a series of one-year deals.

The deal includes $18 million guaranteed once it is signed, league sources told La Canfora, and there remains ongoing discussion about injury language in the contract, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

Also Hines Ward has decided to retire rather than play for another team that's not the Steelers this upcoming season.

Last edited:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Disappointed in Manning's decision. Denver has fewer offensive weapons than San Fran and Tennessee. We could have seen something really special if he went for those teams. Plus, Elway calls the shots in Denver and Manning won't have any real say in anything there. I just hope Tebow sticks around to learn from the Guy, but I doubt it.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
nfl_g_manningpress_576.jpg

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ahhhh man it looks like i'm gonna have to watch more Denver games now.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Well Alex Smith agrees to resign with the 49ers although i think that was his plan all along he just wanted to see where Peyton landed before he committed and he wanted more money per year the new contract is giving him about 9 Million per year, but anyways The Dolphins lose out again :lol: good news for the 49ers though.

Last edited:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I started thinking and I'm almost convinced that there is a conspiracy. With the Colts that they threw games away knowing that Peyton wasn't going to be back, that they knew that they weren't going to sign him back up if he were to become healthy enough to play again and since Andrew Luck did not enter the draft last year that they really wanted him cause he fit the bill of Peyton and was pretty much a younger version of him that they would do whatever it took to get him even if it meant looking absolutely horrendous during the season to obtain that first overall pick and win the right to get that first pick.

Because how can a team fall apart that much... that quickly with just one guy going on IR? It doesn't make any sense at all. This was a team of vets that was in the playoffs for how many seasons straight? This was a team that had how many 10 win seasons in a row? This was not some ordinary team. This was a special team and all of a sudden their QB goes down and now they just suck so bad that they can only win 2 games? Everybody else was still there except one and they can only win 2 games?

I'd say the NFL needs to investigate the Colts, maybe they did some point shaving. Maybe they did intentionally throw games to make sure they would get that first pick.

Then again this is all strictly conspiracy and is based off of nothing but a loose leaf observation and NONE of this is proven fact cept that the Colts absolutely sucked last season in every aspect.

Bounty gate is stupid. This... maybe better.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Tebow's gone to the Jets for a 4th round pick.

Ben

Reaction score
Still think Sanchez is the starting QB, might just see Tebow in a ton of wildcat packages.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
As if Sanchez didn't have enough pressure on him as is. Now if he sucks that Jet crowd is gonna start chanting Tebo to death let they did with Orton in Denver. Calling it right now that Tebo finishes the year as the starter because Sanchez sucks throughout the year.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Sean Peyton of the Saints has been suspended for 1 year, and the Saints have lost two second round draft picks and fined $500K due to the "Bounty Scandal"

The Old Defensvie Cordinator for the Saints Greg Williams who's now the cordinator for the Ram's has been suspended for the year as well, and it could be bumped to a life time ban.

That's crazy news

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.