NFL Discussion (Offseason Edition)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
49ers move on.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
And Swamps, Blazy, and Cyrus wept

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Re: NFL Discussion--Keep it all in Here

Damn, we lost but damn it seems the refs was a bit meh with the flags, it's still a lost yeah but idk that one where the dude barely touched his helmet, and got the flag, but then you get fucking matt ryan and slam him to the ground AFTER the balls gone and it's nothing? really? okay :laugh: but that wouldn't had changed the game much, but could have gave us a better chance. But it's a lost, I still love my team and always will. But saying this now the 49ers I hope they lose the damn Superbowl, Idc who wins this Ravens and Patriots game, but that's who the hell I'm rooting for in that game cause I won't ever cheer for who knocked us out EVER. That's how it's always been for me so remember I said it here first. Winner of the AFC is my team for the Superbowl.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

LOL, this game is even more fixed than the Ravens/Broncos one was last week. First the officials don't call offensive pass interference TWICE on one drive which Baltimore eventually gets a touchdown on. Now they don't call a helmet to helmet hit that leads to a New England fumble. This game is a fucking disgrace to anyone who's a football fan. Oh and to make matters even odder, if the Ravens end up winning this game the two Harbaugh brothers will be coaching against each other in the Super Bowl. That makes me chuckle given how often they're involved in shady coaching decisions that could be construed as game-fixing.

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
That hit was clean, really nothing they could do about that. And fuck the Pats like they haven't had games given to them.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

That hit was clean, really nothing they could do about that. And fuck the Pats like they haven't had games given to them.
It was helmet to helmet. That's called 99.9% of the time. Anyhow, I don't really care since I bet on the Ravens to cover the spread, but just once I'd like to watch a game without shady officiating. It seems like that never happens anymore.

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
That's hit is called on QBs and wideouts but not on RBs. I think it's shitty refs not shady refs. If I start to believe conspiracies in football it would ruin it and Id stop watching and I can't do that

TactMrBlack

Reaction score
I hate helmet to helmet calls. Ridley lowered his head where is the defender supposed to aim for his ankles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score

That and the furniture in my living room was destroyed.

Still a Falcon fan baby!

Damn right! I may have been disappointed the entire night since the game ended, but that won't ruin the fact that they are my team. It was a great game, definitely not the outcome that I wanted, but we will have our day eventually.

Walter South

Reaction score

Im just glad the Patriots lost. Really hate them. I wanted to see Atlanta win though.

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

I was 2 for 2 today...but could be to little to late in my pool still down 7 points with a lot of people ahead of me and I doubt they will all pick the 49ers since I am going with the Ravens

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8

Get the fuck in!

Ravens gonna win the Superbowl!

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

bwxwby.gif

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

So you can get suspended indefinitely in the NFL only to get the suspension overturned in a year. So what is the point?

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The NFL has reinstated Gregg Williams after suspending him for his role in the New Orleans Saints' bounty scandal, and the Tennessee Titans have added him to their coaching staff.

The NFL ended Williams' indefinite suspension Thursday and approved the Titans' one-year contract with Williams. Tennessee also announced in the same release that Williams had been hired as a senior assistant coach for its defense.

The league issued a statement saying that commissioner Roger Goodell cited several reasons for reinstating Williams, including that Williams accepted responsibility for his role in the bounty program, and pledged to never be involved in any pay for performance system and to teach safe play and respect for the rules.

"The commissioner emphasized that Williams must fully conform to league rules and will be subject to periodic monitoring to confirm his compliance," the NFL said in its statement.

Williams, suspended indefinitely in March 2012, is the last person involved in the scandal to be reinstated by the league. New Orleans coach Sean Payton had his suspension lifted Jan. 22.

Saints general manager Mickey Loomis was suspended for eight games and assistant head coach Joe Vitt for six. Four current or former Saints players were also suspended after an investigation found the club had a performance pool offering cash rewards for key plays, including big hits. The player suspensions eventually were overturned.

Williams coached for the Saints between 2009 and 2011 and was hired as defensive coordinator by the St. Louis Rams in January 2012 before being suspended. Williams had been free to look for a new job in the NFL since the playoffs started, and now he is returning to the team where he got his start in the league back in 1990.

The Titans scheduled a news conference for Thursday afternoon with Williams expected to be on hand along with Titans coach Mike Munchak.

Kuharsky: Change In Philosophy?

KuharskyThe big question about Gregg Williams' hiring is how much influence or control he will have and how the Titans will divide work between him and Jerry Gray, writes Paul Kuharsky. Blog

"I have known Gregg for over two decades and have seen him work his way up from a quality control coach to a head coach," Munchak said in a statement. "He will bring a great deal of defensive knowledge and energy to our staff. The decision to bring him here only came after going through a thoughtful and thorough process."

How well this move works remains to be seen, but Munchak faces a must-win situation going into his third season as head coach.

The Titans missed the playoffs in his first season on a tiebreaker in 2011 before slumping to a 6-10 record in 2012. Fans have not been happy that Munchak has kept Jerry Gray as his defensive coordinator after a season in which Tennessee set a franchise record by allowing 471 points, gave up at least 30 points in seven different games and ranked 27th in yards allowed.

Munchak previously made only one move on his defensive staff, firing linebackers coach Frank Bush and moving Chet Parlavecchio from assisting with special teams to linebackers coach.

Williams will be working with Gray, the same man he took with him to Buffalo when he was hired as the Bills head coach in 2001 after four seasons as Tennessee's defensive coordinator under then-coach Jeff Fisher. Gray also worked with Williams at the Washington Redskins between 2004 and '07 before Williams worked with the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2008 and then with the Saints.

Williams is back to work would you work for him or want to help coach your team?