NFL Discussion (Offseason Edition)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Re: NFL Discussion--Keep it all in Here

Oh I agree, its still pretty laughable that I could probably have called that at half time. You're right about one thing though, they better get ahead of the 49er's next week, because if they don't they could be in for a long day.

Next week's game will be a lot tougher that's for sure, but always have and will have faith in my team, win or lose Falcon fan til I die time to Rise Up next week.

But hey, a game I can watch and not almost have to go to the hospital for right now.

Reactions: 1 person

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

But hey, a game I can watch and not almost have to go to the hospital for right now.

LOL, I know the feeling. I'm almost happier when the Steelers don't make the playoff's so I don't have to go through the constant heart attacks. :lol:

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck

Yeah! The Falcons will be playing for the NFC TITLE sunday!

Reactions: 1 person

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Man one of my friends gets to go to the NFC Championship game Sunday, he's so damn lucky for that! I wish I could be there, but ill be here on my couch cheering them on :)

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I

If Seattle hadn't called that damn timeout they would have won :(

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

If Seattle hadn't called that damn timeout they would have won :(

Shoulda Coulda Woulda but they didn't. I mean hell I felt that way with a few Falcon games this year about things but it is what it is, trying to ice the kicker is a dumb move anyway, hardly ever works and right there it screwed them and I'm damn happy it did :laugh: only cause it's my team.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Seahawks are the youngest team in the NFL they aren't going anywhere

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Seahawks are the youngest team in the NFL they aren't going anywhere

They will for sure be a threat for years to come, I could possibly see them winning one of the next two Superbowl(not counting the one coming up in few weeks)

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE

They will for sure be a threat for years to come, I could possibly see them winning one of the next two Superbowl(not counting the one coming up in few weeks)

Provided they can beat the Bengals Blazy. Don't forget the jungle is active out in this bitch!

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

Well the Cardinals hire Bruce Arians who was retired this time last year from the Steelers (I mean fired) and the Eagles hire Chip Kelly from Oregon:

Putting them in spoiler tags as to not take up so much space

PHILADELPHIA -- A sign reading "Our Chip's Come In" greeted Chip Kelly outside the Philadelphia Eagles' practice facility on his first day as head coach, and a few fans drove down Pattison Avenue honking their horns to salute the hiring.

Graziano on Kelly's Introduction

A new era for the Eagles has begun.

Kelly was hired Wednesday to be the 21st coach in team history, ending an exhaustive search to replace Andy Reid.

The offensive innovator was lured away from Oregon, where he went 46-7 in four seasons and turned the program into a national powerhouse.

Kelly, who arrived to a hero's welcome at a Philadelphia airport on Wednesday night, was introduced at a news conference Thursday at the team's training complex.

"The key was to find the right leader, not make the fastest decision. We really were able to circle back with Coach Chip Kelly. We had an outstanding interview with him on Jan. 5. It was an outstanding nine hours, we learned a lot," Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie said. "We were told, the same day, that it was really a question of going to the Eagles or going back to Oregon. At that point, we learned he might go back to the University of Oregon, but we kept in touch."

Though Kelly has no previous NFL experience, the Eagles are banking on him to turn around a franchise that has just 12 wins in the last two years and zero playoff victories since 2008.

"It's a really exciting time for me. It was a difficult decision. There's not many opportunities to coach in the National Football League, and every one of them is special," Kelly said. "But this is an iconic franchise with an outstanding owner. I knew what this place was all about, and this is where I wanted to be.

"It was just a matter of figuring out how to do it the right way."

Kelly has work ahead of him. His up-tempo, flash-and-dash offense needs a leader under center. It could be Nick Foles, a rookie last year who replaced Michael Vick at quarterback, and had an up-and-down debut season. It could be Vick again, though he'll be 33 when the season starts.

ESPN NFL reporter Sal Paolantonio says the level of excitement in Philadelphia surrounding the hiring of Chip Kelly is like nothing he's ever seen in the city.

"I'm going to look at everyone, and look at everything we can do to put the best product on the field," Kelly said. "There's nobody ruled in and there's nobody ruled out at this point in time."

The Eagles were 3-1 this season after a 19-17 win over the New York Giants on Sept. 30. They then lost 11 of their last 12 games to finish in last place in the NFC East. Reid was fired the day after the season ended.

"We have one goal, and that's to get to the Super Bowl," Kelly said. "It's not an 'I' deal, it's a 'we' deal. Our players will understand that."

Reid was fired a day after the Eagles finished 4-12 in his 14th season. He took over for Romeo Crennel in Kansas City.

TEMPE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals have filled the NFL's final head coaching vacancy by hiring Indianapolis offensive coordinator Bruce Arians.

The team confirmed the hiring in a release Thursday night, saying Arians received a four-year contract with a club option for a fifth year.

The 60-year-old longtime assistant went 9-3 as Colts interim head coach while Chuck Pagano was undergoing treatment for leukemia last season.

Arians arrived in Arizona on Wednesday night, had dinner with top team officials, then interviewed on Thursday and met with reporters to indicate his interest in the job.

He was offered and accepted the job Thursday night. Arians also was a finalist for the Chicago job that went to Marc Trestman.

Arians was the sixth known candidate interviewed to replace Ken Whisenhunt, who was fired after six seasons.

Whisenhunt was introduced on Thursday as the offensive coordinator for new head coach Mike McCoy in San Diego.

Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell also was a candidate for the Arizona job but withdrew because Seattle gave him a new contract, a source told ESPN.

The Cardinals said Arians would be introduced as coach at a news conference on Friday. The precise time had not been determined.

The team posted a photo of Arians getting a congratulatory call from Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, who is vacationing in Belize and undoubtedly will welcome anyone who can do something to revive a dreadful offense.

In his meeting with reporters earlier Thursday, before he was hired, Arians said his stint as Pagano's replacement "answered all questions I ever had" about whether he could succeed as an NFL coach.

Arians' QB Challenge In Arizona

The Cardinals' oft-cited struggles at quarterback in recent seasons bottomed out in 2012, when they had the lowest team rating in the league. New coach Bruce Arians spent this past season overseeing Colts rookie QB Andrew Luck, who posted a 65.0 QBR -- the 10th-best mark in the NFL.

Lowest Team QBR This Season
Team QBR W-L
Cardinals 21.4 5-11
Jets 24.7 6-10
Browns 28.7 5-11
Chiefs 31.9 2-14
Jaguars 34.8 2-14
-- ESPN Stats & Information

"I hope it answered all the questions everybody else has had for all these years," he said.

It apparently did for the Cardinals, who lost 10 of 11 this season to finish 5-11 for the second time in three years.

Arians said there are young coaches for teams still in the playoffs that will be denied a chance to be a head coach now because of their teams' success.

"Maybe I was a victim of that a couple of times," he said. "Hey, I'll take the Super Bowl ring and look back later. You can't worry about why you never got one or why have you got one this time. I'm just happy it happened, and I look forward to seeing what's made of it and what turns out."

Arians has been a football coach since his days as a graduate assistant at Virginia Tech in 1975 and he has 20 years of experience as an NFL assistant. He also was head coach at Temple for five seasons.

Wearing a Super Bowl ring from his days in Pittsburgh prominently on his right hand, he said his stint as head coach in Indy taught him that being a head coach is "not as hard as it's supposed to be."

"It's really not," Arians said. "I think it's all about building relationships. Coaching is all about relationships. As long as it's built on trust, loyalty, and respect, anything is possible."

When the Jacksonville Jaguars hired Seattle defensive coordinator Gus Bradley on Thursday, Arizona's job was the only one still open.

Arians was wide receivers coach in Pittsburgh and he succeeded Whisenhunt as offensive coordinator there. He was Steelers offensive coordinator when Pittsburgh beat Whisenhunt's Cardinals in the 2009 Super Bowl. Arians left the Steelers to become Pagano's offensive coordinator last year, taking over as interim coach when Pagano left for treatment for leukemia.

"It has been an unbelievable 12 months for me personally," Arians said.

McCoy was among those interviewed by Cardinals President Michael Bidwill. Other known Arizona candidates were Bevell, Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton, Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley and Cincinnati offensive coordinator Jay Gruden.

Horton has a year left on his contract and his future with the organization was in question.

Asked Thursday afternoon if he would keep Horton as defensive coordinator if he got the Arizona job, Arians declined to discuss the prospect.

"Right now it's way too early in the process," Arians said. "Obviously, I know Ray. I've got a history with Ray. But all those things would be way down the road. Guys are under contract. You can't really comment on staff members at this point in time."

Horton was defensive backs coach with the Steelers when Arians was offensive coordinator there.

The Cardinals had the worst offense in the NFL, and Arians downplayed any similarities to his offensive scheme and the one used by Whisenhunt. He said that after Whisenhunt left the Steelers for Arizona, he and Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger sat down and simplified the playbook.

Arians said his offense has some similarities, but many differences from the one implemented by Whisenhunt.

Arians emphasized the importance of building a close relationship with the quarterback.

"As a head coach or an offensive coordinator, you're tied to that guy," Arians said. "Your future is him. You better realize that, and you better have a heck of a strong relationship so that when it's really tough in the game, he's telling you what he's seeing, not what he thinks you might want to hear."

Quarterback is a major problem for Arizona. The only one of the four who got a start in the Cardinals' 5-11 season that had any success was Kevin Kolb, and he went down with a rib injury in Week 6 and never returned.

Arians said the Cardinals must either improve what they have at the position or find a new one behind what he called "Door No. 2."

He said he would call the plays as head coach "until I can find someone who is going to do it better than me. I haven't found him yet."

He said he would not leave Indianapolis for just any head coaching job.

"I said early when some teams contacted my agent about setting up interviews," he said, "I'm going to have a heck of a feeling about that organization, owner, general manager, team, to leave where I am right now."

Did he have that feeling with Arizona?

"Yes," he said. "I do."

So the Cardinals have another Steelers guy as their head coach. I hope it works out as he received so much hate around Pittsburgh for his offense.

I also hope Kelly can do well in Philly too.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
As much as I like Kelly I hope the Eagles fail

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Ready for this game! Falcons going to get that win I hope I'm been bouncing since I got up, I been ready for this one!!!

RISE UP!!!

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck

It's all Atlanta so far baby! Rise Up you Damn Dirty Birds!

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team