NFL 2011 Off-Season thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
This probably wouldn't have happened if they had started training camp.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Wouldn't put it past a reporter to try and jokingly blame the lockout for what Hines did, lol.

Shit. I completely forgot about his contract,yeah not too many teams are going to want to take on a 32 millon dollar contract so in that case then yeah, Arizona should pick up Young atleast he's better than the current Qb's on there roster.
Yeah it was a 5 year 78 million dollar contract with some incentive that can make the contract 88 million. Think the guy got some years left on him but not anything worth that price.

Kairi

Reaction score
Philadelphia Eagles' DeSean Jackson facing heat after gay slurs - ESPN

Quote:
<table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="6" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="border: 1px inset currentColor;" class="alt2">DeSean Jackson uses gay slurs on radioEmailPrintComme nts2574ESPN.com news services
Five months after appearing on "The View" to support a 13-year-old boy who had been attacked by classmates, Eagles Pro Bowl receiver DeSean Jackson is making off-the-field headlines of a different nature.

And he's taken a defensive stance in the aftermath.

Jackson, appearing on a hip-hop radio show late last month, used a multiword gay slur in response to a berating caller.

They looking to take ya down at all times no matter how positive and what you do! It's always a way they try to get ya. I'm standing tall.

-- Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson
on Twitter

Jackson took calls on Sirius XM's "All Out Show with Rude Jude and Lord Sear" on June 30, replying in passing to a derogatory question about Jackson's toughness. Jackson responded, "What kind of question is that?" followed by the gay slurs.

Responding presumably to accounts of his comments in the media, Jackson took to Twitter on Friday night, saying he was "standing tall" despite the negative publicity.

Deadspin.com first reported the comments, with audio provided by DCFanatic.com.

In his cryptic Twitter-style message written in all capital letters, Jackson wrote: "They looking to take ya down at all times no matter how positive and what you do! It's always a way they try to get ya. I'm standing tall."

Jackson also wrote: "Wanna bring me down but I'm OK. They trying to knock me off but I'm still on!"

One of the show's hosts, "Rude" Jude, told Deadspin he hoped the star receiver didn't apologize, characterizing the exchange as a joke.

Jackson "is a hood dude," and for "hood cats," Jude said, according to the website.

"I don't think he's homophobic," Jude said, according to Deadspin. "He's joking."

In February, Jackson was featured on ABC's "The View" in a surprise appearance during a show about Nadin Khoury, a boy who had been bullied by schoolmates.

Jackson was voted to the Pro Bowl in 2009 and 2010. He has 3,135 receiving yards and 17 touchdowns in three seasons.

There was no immediate comment from the Eagles, according to CSNPhilly.

Neither Jackson nor his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, could be reached for comment, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell consistently has stated that players are subject to review and discipline under the personal-conduct policy for potential violations even during the current lockout.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello, contacted by ESPN Saturday morning, said: "We will decline comment at this time."</td></tr></tbody></table>

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
A hood dude for hood cats.

Kairi

Reaction score
NFL lockout: 19 players arrested in 120 days <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Here's a list of all the NFL players who have been arrested since the league's lockout began on March 12:

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_1" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"> </td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 650x366 and weights 34KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

13th: Vikings CB Chris Cook (brandishing a handgun)
17th: Raiders OT Mario Henderson (carrying a concealed weapon)
19th: Cowboys DB Bryan McCann (public intoxication)
25th: Packers DL Johnny Jolly (drug possession)
25th: Eagles OT Jason Peters (disturbing the peace)
30th: Buccaneers CB Aqib Talib (aggravated assault with a deadly weapon)

April

3rd: Raiders WR Louis Murphy (drug possession)
4th: Chiefs LB Mike Vrabel (felony theft)
12th: Titans WR Kenny Britt (eluding police, obstruction)
19th: Falcons S William Moore (speeding, driving with suspended license)
May
6th: Chargers LB Antwan Applewhite (drunken driving suspicion)
10th: Buccaneers DE Alex Magee (marijuana possession)
22nd: Bears RB Garrett Wolfe (theft, disorderly conduct, assaulting an officer, resisting arrest with violence)
June
8th: Titans WR Kenny Britt (resisting arrest)
9th: Colts RB Javarris James (drug possession)
16th: Packers CB Brandon Underwood (disorderly conduct)
17th: Seahawks DE Raheem Brock (theft, resisting arrest)
19th: Eagles LB Akeem Jordan (assault and battery)
July
9th: Steelers WR Hines Ward (drunken driving)

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
And people thought Ray Lewis was crazy when he said crime would go up with no football :lol: looks like this is what he meant.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Well Ray Lewis himself is a walking crime bomb.

Kairi

Reaction score
Deion Sanders Honored & Thanks Atlanta : PrimeTime Black & Red Celebratory Gala July 16,2011 <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_1" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"> </td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 520x280 and weights 46KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

2011 Pro Football Hall of Fame Selectee Deion Sanders hosts a star-studded Black & Red Celebratory Gala in the city where it all began
On Saturday, July 16,2011 Atlanta’s top stars and more will gather at the grand 200 PEACHTREE for the PrimeTime Black & Red Celebratory Gala in honor of Deion Sanders upcoming induction to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Taking place during the 2nd Annual Deion Sanders and Jamal Lewis Youth Football Tournament weekend, Sanders has invited all of his celebrity friends and NFL counterparts to celebrate in primetime fashion with a night filled of dancing, music, drinks and hors d’oeuvres.

“This is a great milestone in my life and it’s important for me to share this moment with the city that gave Primetime his start,” said Sanders. “As the first Atlanta Falcon to be given this coveted honor of becoming part of the Pro Hall of Fame, I am utilizing all the best including Atlanta’s very talented Tee Foxx and Foxx Entertainment to ensure that this night will be one that the city remembers.”

Featuring a full open bar courtesy of Grey Goose Vodka, music by Grand Hustle’s DJ Drama and the legendary DJ Reggie Reg plus an exclusive VIP Primetime Gifting Vault– the Black & Red Celebratory Gala is gearing up to be the ultimate congratulatory/thank you event Atlanta has ever seen.

Confirmed guests of the night include Actor/Singer Jamie Foxx, Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed, R&B Superstar Usher, Mogul Tyler Perry, Actor and Actress Boris and Nicole Ari Parker Kodjoe, Singer Toni Braxton, Producer Jermaine Dupri, NBA Legend Julius “Dr. J” Erving, Atlanta Falcons Owner Arthur Blank, present and former Atlanta Falcons and Atlanta Braves as well as many of the city and entertainment’s elite.

All proceeds from the PrimeTime Black & Red Celebratory Gala will be donated to The PrimeTime Association a 501c3 founded by Deion and Pilar Sanders to encourage positive self images in youth through academics, sports and mentoring programs in Texas and Georgia.
Follow the Buzz via
Welcome to Prime Time Association Sports | @DeionSanders
<!-- / message -->

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Christ. I didn't think the players would get into this much trouble like i knew there would be a few inccidents but not that many. Especially anything from Hines Ward. Ray Lewis called it though.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
While what Hines Ward was pretty common and minor (only minor because he didn't get in a wreck or anything) I can't recall him ever having any kind of off the field trouble int he slightest unless I missed something.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah i can't recall him ever being in any off-the field trouble, which is why i was kinda shocked to read about him. Maybe The NFL will let it slide, but for some of the other guys who have some pretty serious charges against them, i really don't see them playing for awhile.

Also, do you think the NFL will get a deal done this week? that's all im hearing on NFL network that they NEED a deal this week. Between Thursday and Sunday.

Kairi

Reaction score
Deion Sanders says Dez Bryant needs to hire a 'no man' <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Hall of Fame electee Deion Sanders thinks a lot of people are concerned about Cowboys WR Dez Bryant, the 2010 first-round pick Sanders used to mentor.
"Everybody is. I think the Dallas Cowboys are more concerned than I am," Sanders told WCNN.
<a href="http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/the-huddle/2011/07/05/dezx-large.jpg" target="_blank"> Cowboys WR Dez Bryant scored eight TDs as a rookie.

CAPTION
By Matthew Emmons, US Presswire

"It's hard to talk to a person when they have millions man because there is so much noise in their life. Everybody around them is employed and they have 'yes men.' You gotta start hiring a 'no man.'
"I had to cut my umbilical cord with him because a lot of things people do not know about. I'm trying to open schools and get these kids prepared for the future, and I can't have that on my record saying that: 'How am I going to send my kids to your school, and this is what you are turning out over here?' No I am not turning that out over there. ... I love (Bryant). I see him from time-to-time. I pray for him, but as a unit we had to separate."
Bryant's career at Oklahoma State ended prematurely due to contact with Sanders he didn't fully report to the NCAA. Bryant was drafted 24th overall in 2010, lower than he was projected in many circles amid his troubles in college and a hardscrabble upbringing.
Bryant clashed with teammates during his first training camp, failed to pay off several high-end jewelry purchases and ran afoul of authorities in a Texas mall.
As for his thoughts on the lockout, Sanders said: "I'm sure they will get it right because no one cares about July. Everybody cares about August and September. That's when it's time to get serious, and I'm sure it's going to get serious by then."

Deion Sanders says Dez Bryant needs to hire a 'no man' - The Huddle: Football News from the NFL - USATODAY.com

Kairi

Reaction score
James Harrison calls Goodell "the devil and a crook" <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Quote:
<table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="6" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="border: 1px inset currentColor;" class="alt2">Steelers all-pro OLB James Harrison is leveling more nasty hits ... only this time they're the figurative kind, and he's teeing off on opponents while mixing in some not-so-friendly fire on Pittsburgh QB Ben Roethlisberger.

CAPTIONBy Charles LeClaire, US Presswire

Harrison started by again ripping NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, his nemesis, in next month's issue of Men's Journal.

"My rep is James Harrison, mean son of a bitch who loves hitting the hell out of people," he says. "But up until last year, there was no word of me being dirty -- till Roger Goodell, who's a crook and a puppet, said I was the dirtiest player in the league. If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn't do it. I hate him and will never respect him."

Goodell -- whom Harrison also deemed "stupid," a "dictator" and a "devil," while also firing an anti-gay slur at him -- levied fines totaling six figures against Harrison last season while making him the poster boy for helmet-to-helmet hits the NFL wants to eliminate. Harrison felt singled out by the commissioner and threatened to retire after being told the brand of football he'd always played would no longer be tolerated.

The 2008 defensive player of the year pays little regard to the concussions his heat-seeking hits can cause, even when he's the victim.

"I get dinged about three times a year and don't know where I am for a little minute. But unless I'm asleep, you're not getting me out of the game, and most guys feel the same way," says Harrison. "If a guy has a choice of hitting me high or low, hit me in the head and I'll pay your fine. Just don't hit me in the knee, 'cause that's life-threatening. How'm I going to feed my family if I can't run?"

He says shorter offseasons and perhaps the return to a 14-game regular season are the best ways to preserve players' brains, saying if "we're not bangin' heads so much in August; that's where the brain trauma comes from." </td></tr></tbody></table>
Steelers' Harrison blasts Goodell, Roethlisberger and Patriots - The Huddle: Football News from the NFL - USATODAY.com

Status
Not open for further replies.