NFL 2011 Off-Season thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
They better know Rice needs a great QB to get him out of his shell.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Agree with you Kif, i did not even think about him going to Seattle i thought maybe New England or even The Colts. He needs the best Qb to really show his full potential and that isn't Tarvaris in Seattle.

Also this just came into ESPN Steve Breaston is leaving the Arizona Cardinals and joining the Chiefs.

Ben

Reaction score
Packers don't sign big name free agents so I doubt Asomugha comes in, just not Thompson's way of building a team, even though it makes sense to bring him in and move Woodson to safety and have a true shut down corner.

Also the Jets overpayed for Holmes and it looks like Plaxico is going to end up with the Giants or the Steelers.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah don't see Plaxico signing anywhere but either one of those two teams i would rather be with the Steelers, but he'll probably end up back in New York.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I actually wouldn't mind seeing him with the Bears i like Jay Cutler and think those two could work really well together. But something just makes me feel like The Giants are gonna be his likely destination. Either way it's good to see him back in the NFL no matter what team he plays for, i also heard the Texans were intrested in him.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Thought i'd post this

The Saints and Dolphins have worked out terms of a trade for RB Reggie Bush, contingent on him agreeing to a new contract, according to Jay Glazer of Fox Sports and NFL Network.

Bush is due $11.8 million in the final year of his current contract with New Orleans. The No. 2 overall pick in the 2006 draft has been a productive and occasionally spectacular player with the Saints, but he’s also prone to injury. New Orleans drafted former Heisman Trophy winner Mark Ingram with its first-round pick in this year’s draft.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Reggie Bush is one of the most overrated players in the game. Mark Ingram is already a step up in my opinion with The Saints.

Kairi

Reaction score
<table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="6" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="border: 1px inset currentColor;" class="alt2">Sun is up, birds are chirping and Adam Schefter is hard at work as usual, reporting this morning that the Redskins have made their third trade of the week. This one, Redskins fans will be happy to know, sends disgruntled defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth to the New England Patriots for a 2013 fifth-round pick. </td></tr></tbody></table>Redskins trade Haynesworth to Patriots - NFC East Blog - ESPN

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I knew he wasn't going to be a Redskin this season but the Patriots are the last team i expected him with, maybe he will be motivated now that he's on a team that could win it all this season.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
If the Patriots can't straighten him out nobody can.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
They keep comparing this to Randy Moss in 2007 and Corey Dillon in 2004, but i don't know this Haynseworth situation is a lot diffrent, but hey if it doesn't work out atleast they didn't give up much for him it'd be worth the shot i guess.

And they also traded for Chad Ochocino, which i thought was a better gamble than Haynseworth.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
LATROBE, Pa. -- Upon reflection, Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison decided it was best to publicly apologize to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

In an explosive interview that appears in August's Men's Journal, Harrison called Goodell a "crook" and a "puppet," among other things.

Following the Steelers' walk-through Friday morning, Harrison said candidly that he should not have made those controversial statements.

"The interview that I did and the comments that I made about Roger Goodell were inappropriate, at the least," Harrison said. "They were way out of line, and I was speaking out of anger and frustration at the time. Any comments that I made that offended anyone, I apologize."

Last year, Harrison was the most-fined player in the NFL, as the league began cracking down on hits to the head and defenseless players. Harrison became highly upset at Goodell after his fines totaled $100,000, leading to several controversial statements and, eventually, the tirade that appeared in Men's Journal.

Harrison said he hasn't spoken to the NFL or to Goodell about his statements, and he's not sure if it will result in any type of fine or suspension. But Harrison has talked with teammates, coach Mike Tomlin and Steelers president Art Rooney II about the interview, in which he also criticized teammates Ben Roethlisberger and running back Rashard Mendenhall.

Harrison did not seem nearly as concerned about those comments and said that situation has been handled in-house.

"That's all behind us," he said Friday. "Those comments [toward teammates] were taken out of context with a long conversation. It's not anything I haven't talked to those guys about or my teammates about."

On Thursday, Rooney told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has had a conversation with Harrison about the comments, and that any disciplinary action the team takes will be internal and will not result in any suspensions or the disruption of Harrison's on-field activities.

Lmao. i bet the guy gets fined atleast 6 or 7 tmes this year for "illegal" hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.