NFL 2011 Off-Season thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah like i was shocked when i read about the Eagles showing intrest in him, i don't know why anybody would want HIM as your back up, suppose Mike Vick goes down with an injury, there going to bring in Favre?! i think the NFC East is the toughest divsion in the NFL and they need to have the best possible players at every postion, and that just isn't favre. Christ, Jamarcus russell would make a better back up than him or just do what i would do and keep Kevin Kolb around.

Ben

Reaction score
Yea can't see his ego taking a backseat, and I don't see the Eagles being close enough to a super bowl, that his motivation would be to come back to get a ring. Actually could see some of the teams with a young QB looking for him to come in though, just because of all the time lost in the offseason and those guys not being ready to get thrown in right away.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah i can't picture the Eagles winning the Superbowl in the next few years.Realisticly i want the Raiders to win it all this year because there my team but they have a new coach and everthing this year so it doesn't seem too likely hah so if i had to choose right now i'd go with with the Pats or Jets to win this year.

And yeah maybe he'd be brought in to help out with some of the younger guys maybe even Cam Newton, but i couldn't see him as a player maybe a Quarterback coach or something.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
It was pretty refreshing watching ESPN again until they decided to keep reminding with breaking news that the lockout was still over. Just keep up with what is happening next Jesus Christ, it's so much more better to talk about.

This is going to probably the most choatic Free Agent signing ever as well and the last few years in Sports have gone overboard. I'm sure half to signings in the end won't even make sense.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah the lockout is finally over, and free agency starts tomorrow they can't sign contrtacts until friday but they can make agreements and what not iit should be crazy though but that's alright it's the best part of the offseason.

Kairi

Reaction score
so what are u guys looking more forward to this season then

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
AP rushing for 2,000 yards.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to a lot this season, mainly to see if the Raiders get back into the playoffs. And the Vikings aren't my favorite team but i'd love to see AP rush for 2,000 yards this season also KIF. It should be intresting to see if the lockout messed up chemistry that Qb's/Wr's had last season, i mean they haven't been able to practice all offseason and most teams probably aren't going to play there starters very long during the pre-season games.

Also, i'm a Cam Newton fan even though he's playing for Carolina i still can't wait to see how he does his rookie season. The whole NFL 2011 season is going to be intresting, just glad to have it back.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
AAron Rodgers winning MVP, throwing for 50 td's and rushing for 10 more td's, and Peyton Manning to be at full health to see him keep raping defenses. oh and i'll prob go so Bears/Bucs in wembley arena , seeing how wembley arena is only 15min from my house.

Ben

Reaction score
Packer's repeating sounds pretty good. Don't see them doing anything in free agency, but it's still going to be fun watching what other teams make moves and pick up guys they prob shouldn't and overpay the hell out of them.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I think it sucks that Chad and T.O. won't be causing problems together this next season.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
As far as that Brett Favre deal why the hell would he comeback to be back up to screw his legacy even more and why would the Eagles want to create that kind of problem by having a HOF QB back up Vick. Just doesn't make sense for either side.

Curious as to if Carson Palmer is really gonna do what he said and retire if the Bengals don't trade him.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Bengals won't trade Palmer, so he is just going to retire.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
It's not impossible to come out of retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.