NFL 2011 Off-Season thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
He could be more than that still if he played like he actually gave a damn. Too worried about his contract when he was in NE to play and minny was just a mess all together and he didn't help and Tennessee he mine as well should have just shut it down as he was done even trying to care.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
It's going to take a chance at a ring for any of these hilarious, trouble making receivers to take even their own careers seriously and even at this point that might not be enough.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Moss probably a lost cause for sure unless he goes back to NE since he seemed to realized he fucked up a good thing. Plaxico I think he'll be like Vick in the sense that he actually changed for the better legit and not an act. T.O idk when he'll be healed up but he showed last year on a sorry ass Bengals team that he could still ball. Don't know if you're counting Chad as a troubled WR but I think he'll do wonders in NE since having the chance to actually contend is motivating enough for him.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Yeah, Plaxico will probably be on his best behavior. He wasn't really much of a trouble maker before either. He just got involved in one of the stupidest situations ever so I'd still put him in that class. I'm still sure he'll want to try to prove himself, though.

As for Chad, the Patriots might be able to keep him in check, but I hope he screws up and tries to throw Tom Brady and Bill Bilicheck under the bus at some point though. That would be way too entertaining for it not to happen.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I don't think he'll screw up he wants a ring and now that he is on a team with the best quarterback in the NFL and the best head coach, that contend for the championship every year i think he'll shine the Pat's offense has SO many weapons, Welker, Branch, Woodhead, Gronkowski and Hernandez and now Ochocinco i don't want to compare it to 2007 when Tom Brady and Randy Moss broke every NFL record but it's the closest thing to that.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Future Hall of Fame receiver Randy Moss has decided to retire rather than continue playing.

"After weighing his options and contemplating offers, he's decided to retire," Moss' agent, Joel Segal, said Monday.

Moss, 34, played 13 seasons, catching 954 passes for 14,858 yards with 153 touchdowns.

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.

Gotta say i wasn't expecting this, his agent a few weeks ago made it seem like the old Moss was back.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Apparently he really only had a short list of teams he wanted to play for and when those teams didn't express enough interest in him that is what made him retire. So imo if a team that he wanted to play for comes calling his retirement will be short lived.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I assume the Jets would've taken a shot with him if they didn't end up signing Plaxico, and i thought the Patriots were going to re-sign him also but then they traded for Ochocinco and i thought the Giants was a long shot, so i don't know i think he'll be unretired before the start of the season, there's always a few injuries in training camp and he's the kind of guy who would retire for a month then come out of it, also i think the guy has a few more years left in him on sports center earlier they did a poll and 86% of people said he could still be a starter. I was going to draft him in the fantasy draft also hah.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
:lol: what a bust of a draft pick that would have been.

I think the Eagles could have possibly been on his short list. Probably would be a slot WR there though with Jackson as the number 1 and Macklin I believe at 2. Now to see if T.O goes ahead and hangs it up too even though last year he showed he can still play like a top WR.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Lmao it was going to be a very late round draft pick, and i was only going to because the last time i played fantasy football was 07 and i drafted him back then, and it worked out very well hah.

And he would've done good with the Eagles, and i dont see Owens retiring but it's hard for me to think of any team that would sign him, and i don't see Ochocinco convincing the Patriots to sign him like he did with Owens and the Bengals

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That worked out pretty funny considering T.O ended up outshining him on his own team. If things didn't end so sour I would say maybe T.O would go back to the Eagles to play with Vick since he almost did that years ago when he left San Fran and thought about playing with Vick in ATL.

Ben

Reaction score
Would of loved to see Moss come to Green Bay, surprised no one took a chance at him. Could see him coming back mid season though if a team is hurting for a wide out.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah i was surprised also i thought this was the season he proved he was still one of the best, but either way i think the guy can still play at a high level and i don't think we've seen the last of him in the NFL, i'd hate for such a talented wide receiver to not get a Superbowl ring.

Also

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Former Oregon Ducks and NFL quarterback Joey Harrington was injured when he was hit by a sport utility vehicle while bicycling in southeast Portland on Sunday night.

Harrington is hospitalized with a broken collar bone, a punctured lung and a cut on his head. He is expected to remain in the hospital until Tuesday.

Portland police say the 33-year-old Harrington was hit from behind by a passing SUV driven by a 26-year-old man who remained at the scene and cooperated with investigators. The man was cited for following too close.

Harrington led the Ducks to victory in the Fiesta Bowl his senior season and was a Heisman Trophy finalist. He was drafted by the Detroit Lions and played for three other teams over eight seasons in the NFL.
ESPN.com

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
All I know is I want a season full of Receivers causing constant problems. It's one of the best parts about the game today.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler